Skip to main content
Topic: Cripps (Read 24857 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Cripps

Reply #30
Cripps is all class. A definite future captain too I reckon.

Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #31
I agree.

Kreuzer should be our captain right now. He has such an impact on the team. Sets the standard. Bloody injuries!

Odd thing to do for a Carlton supporter - look at one of these lists and smile:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFL_draft

Cripps = absolute bargain

Reply #32
Nick Graham at #54 from 2012 also looking more and more like a bargain.

Reply #33
For me Cripps is the most exciting recruit to our club since Judd and before that I can't think of one although we had our fair share of stars. If he can lead us out of the mire and deliver us once again to the promised land then he shall become a legend and I expect he shall. (Special mention...Tommy Bell)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #34
Interesting the other day I read an article stating our recruiters were going to pick up Cripps well before the 2013 draft, had their eye on him for quite some time. That is some great recruiting if so.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #35
Interesting the other day I read an article stating our recruiters were going to pick up Cripps well before the 2013 draft, had their eye on him for quite some time. That is some great recruiting if so.
From what I gather the pros start following kids before they are out of short pants. Which is probably why I'll never be a pro!  :)) :))
However, they guys who recognized Cripps can be well pleased.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
I was amazed at how tall he is, in the after match interview with Cam Mooney he was eye to eye with him and Cam was a KPP.  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #37

The article in the first post mentioned it.

Reply #38
He will be an imposing, even dominating, figure for us. Just what we need for the future, starting now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #39
I was amazed at how tall he is, in the after match interview with Cam Mooney he was eye to eye with him and Cam was a KPP.  :o

He was third man up in a few ruck contests and got a few hitouts along the lines of how Adam Goodes played when he did a bit of rucking...anyone who thinks tall mids are not the go is living
in the past....

Reply #40
Bell may look like more kouta, but Cripps is starting to play more like him.
The way Cripps is using his strength and size to win the contest is just sublime. And he's only 20!

Reply #41
He was third man up in a few ruck contests and got a few hitouts along the lines of how Adam Goodes played when he did a bit of rucking...anyone who thinks tall mids are not the go is living
in the past....

I agree, but I still see a clear need for a mix, too much of any one type makes you too predictable!

It's variety and effort that make you a hard team to match up on, along with some licences to let players use their skills. The efforts of Graham in the last few weeks make that clear!

It must be especially satisfying for Graham keeping in mind the spud development coach that told him he won't ever make the grade remains at the club and is probably busy swallowing his teeth at the moment! I bet that "Handbrake Coach" is busy telling everyone who will listen to him that the reason for Graham's turnaround is the hard news Graham had to hear! Wanker! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Bell may look like more kouta, but Cripps is starting to play more like him.
The way Cripps is using his strength and size to win the contest is just sublime. And he's only 20!

Neither have Kouta's speed or power. Cripps will be better than Kouta on the inside, maybe as good as Diesel, but he won't have that break away power that Kouta and Judd had.

Marking wise Cripps will equal Kouta.

Bell is a different fish, not in the same class, more like a Lewis(Dawkthorn) type.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
I agree, but I still see a clear need for a mix, too much of any one type makes you too predictable!

It's variety and effort that make you a hard team to match up on, along with some licences to let players use their skills. The efforts of Graham in the last few weeks make that clear!

It must be especially satisfying for Graham keeping in mind the spud development coach that told him he won't ever make the grade remains at the club and is probably busy swallowing his teeth at the moment! I bet that "Handbrake Coach" is busy telling everyone who will listen to him that the reason for Graham's turnaround is the hard news Graham had to hear! Wanker! ;)

Is that for real? Who said that?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!