Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 25050 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #15
Great to hear the song.......kudos to Weitering for his attack on the ball with May...thats what wins games and what I want to see...well done JW.

i think it will give JW the world of confidence. May is as tough as they come. Handle him, the rest is easy.

And i hope the injury is minor!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
So so rapt. Boy did we need it.

The really pleasing part was we won playing a decent brand of footy. Some really good hit up passes inside 50 in the 3rd. Haven’t seen that all year.  

While Murphy was very good it was mainly the younger guys that did the jo. 
Cripps, Weitering, SPS, Charlie, Dow, Marchbank and O’Brien were all very good.

Oh and how good was Dows goal. Was Judd like.

Go blues!

Reply #17
Nice ball movement in Q2 and Q3 won us that game

You mean, when we ditched the zone and started playing man on man? Yeah, funny that.

Take note Bolts.

Reply #19
You mean, when we ditched the zone and started playing man on man? Yeah, funny that.

Take note Bolts.

Yep....lucky the conditions were better suited to man on man and it really did help keep the game simple and avoid thinking about what patch of grass I need to be protecting.
Think the zone can be shelved....

Reply #20

Take note Bolts.

x4000000
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22
CARNA BAGGERS!!!

Reply #23
Congratulations young Blues.
Congratulations NB's
Congratulations VFLW
trifecta- funny how it goes like that eh?

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #24
Yep....lucky the conditions were better suited to man on man and it really did help keep the game simple and avoid thinking about what patch of grass I need to be protecting.
Think the zone can be shelved....

A good result for us.

I think Stuart Dew showed his lack of coaching experience!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
Weitering gave the thumbs up and was out on the Park with a heavily strapped leg at the end of the game, and I saw him mouth it's ok.

Bloody terrific.   He finally started looking like the kid we drafted again the last month and I was worried he'd go back into his shell again but clearing injury is a big win.

Much better minus Liam Jones too. 

Can we sign up cripps every week?  Big results for all Carlton teams this weekend.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26

He shows plenty of guts!! Not a great role model for his young chargers.

Reply #27
Interesting to hear Charlie Curnow’s post game comments about Bolts, “He’s a really good coach!”

Of course, what would Charlie know and he was obviously parroting the party line despite the euphoria of a win on the road and against the odds  :)

The standout moment for me was when Harry gathered the ball on the wing, burnt off his opponent and dribbled a goal ... after the siren.  He is going to be matchwinner, if we can nurture his development and foster good understanding between him and Charlie.

I haven’t really been convinced about Lamb but I think that giving him a role in defence may have prolonged his career.  He’s not a natural defender but he is growing into the role.

Byrne was good, and I suspect that I underrated his importance to the team.  Hopefully he can stay on the park.

I know that some folk aren’t convinced about Polson but I reckon he is a cracker.  He may need to refine his craft but his attack on the footy and/or an opponent is great.

Our young blokes - Samo, Weitering, Marchbank, Dow, O’Brien, Pickett, McKay and Silvagni - did well and Lang, Kennedy and Lobbe had good games.  Perhaps SOS knows more about developing a list than his critics  :-\

Critics of Bolton’s coaching may like to concede that he did a reasonable job tonight  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
A good result for us.

Did beat the Swans the previous week, probably glad he didnt move May forward until the end of the game....else we might not have many fit players for next week the way he kept cleaning our blokes up.
GC without Lynch look very ordinary, they lack real stars and it was clear that Cripps was a unstoppable force around the ball even though Witts had 60 hitouts...going to be a long few years for the GC unless they get some academy stars coming through and the AFL helping them...

Think Stewy Dew showed his lack of exercise and decent diet.......had a bit of trouble getting out of the coaches box did the big fella and needs a decent preseason on the training track....

Reply #29
 :) very good footy  light at the end of tunnel getting bigger