Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS (Read 23524 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS

Reply #15
38 shots to 10.  We will finish last.  Say what you will but the players have little interest in a fight .... and Bolton is not the only one who deserves serious scrutiny. 

Re: Bolton

Reply #16
Roos reckons the next month is critical for BB who must be looking to win two of those games otherwise the club will be under pressure to make a hard decision. Time is definitely critical now.

Reckon he might need the next two games....I think reasonable folk expected a 5-6 goal loss today given
our backline injuries but not close to a 100 points and the GWS coach took it easy on us moving a few players to different spots o
on the ground to experiment once the game as over at half time, so it could have been a lot worse.

Reply #17
20 years on - different coaches, different players, different recruiters, different board / president, different boot studders, different tea lady - same sad ending.

Solution - sack Bolton.

Reply #18
Either we have a site problem or there are a lot of shell-shocked supporters out there.

'crickets'

Well I only post when we lose so here's another.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #19
Quote from MM (no not Malthouse but Mark Maclure) The Carlton Football Club has gifted games to some very ordinary footballers and today we saw that. I am now going got see the same amount of wooden spoons as I have premiership. (8) This club is on its knees I cannot see anyway out. These so called green shoots are just rubbish. I read on here that we have a talented list Someone convince me PLEASE.

Reply #20
Disgraceful.....how does the club expect us to see any future when 4 years into a full rebuild we dish up rubbish like that. I know we are not at full strength but what team is. We have a handful of proven footballers and rest are kids with question marks over them. Out of all our kids we have just one in Sam Walsh that works hard without the ball. The rest are just happy to jog along at 1/2 pace. Disgraceful. 

Potential means nothing and as supporters we have hung our hat on it as though all the kids are going to develop exactly into the type of player we drafted or traded them for. Jury is still out.

I’m getting tired of being positive and getting tired of waiting.

Reply #21
38 shots to 10.  We will finish last.  Say what you will but the players have little interest in a fight .... and Bolton is not the only one who deserves serious scrutiny.

Leadership was non existent with Cripps unable to lead by example, cant blame Murphy either, he was too busy counting his ribs....

Reply #22
Once again, carrying too many non competitors and getting smashed for it.

How's the coach going? 4-41, 1-8 now 2 games in 3 weeks that resembled the rubbish of last year.

I think he can go tomorrow.

Reply #23
20 years on - different coaches, different players, different recruiters, different board / president, different boot studders, different tea lady - same sad ending.

Solution - sack Bolton.

No one is saying sack him but today wasnt great even by rebuilding standards....as I said 5-6 goals was probably a reasonable outcome but not shy of 100 points.
If the club say they have the list they want then you have to look elsewhere and the reliance on Cripps is just too great.

Reply #24

Solution - sack Bolton.

I doubt it would stop there.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
Leadership was non existent with Cripps unable to lead by example, cant blame Murphy either, he was too busy counting his ribs....

.......which then begs the questions, who were our remaining onfield leaders??

Reply #26

Solution - sack Bolton.

Hahahaha. Still can't admit it.

What do you think, keep him and do the same thing? He's obviously not up to it.

We pick coaches very badly. 2 x young coaches that have never played, recipe for failure, 2 x dinosaurs so far past it. Failures! One that did well, what was his background? Star player, had his own team, assistant, then his first gig. 50+ percent winning record with a pretty average team. That 50+ record was after he last his first 9 games, 6-7 tanked of course.

Reply #27

Solution - sack Bolton.

No.

Why do you keep going there? It aint that simple and most folks here acknowledge that.

Just look logically at what you wrote... if your first line is true, then it's a whole club problem, starting with the Board. The only area of the club that is actually performing is off-field.

In the coming 4 weeks we have 4 games we are quite capable of winning and must win to show we're on the right track. After those, we'll know even more.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #28
.......which then begs the questions, who were our remaining onfield leaders??

Newman tried to lead the backline, not that he has many games to his CV, Daisy tried to help Cripps and rally the troops but its slim pickings after that.

Reply #29
No one is saying sack him but today wasnt great even by rebuilding standards....as I said 5-6 goals was probably a reasonable outcome but not shy of 100 points.
If the club say they have the list they want then you have to look elsewhere and the reliance on Cripps is just too great.

I agree, it was painful to endure, but there are people on here who are saying exactly that.

How many of those on the park today have played more than 50 games ? 7, 8 ?