Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 11579 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #90
I think BB stopped listening to his assistants.

I have absolutely no doubt he'd have had more wins if he let Teague set up the forward line the way he wanted.

The pressure ramps up as the losses mount and he got more and more controlling as a result.

Lovely bloke but just not a great coach.

Reply #91
I think BB stopped listening to his assistants.

I have absolutely no doubt he'd have had more wins if he let Teague set up the forward line the way he wanted.

The pressure ramps up as the losses mount and he got more and more controlling as a result.

Lovely bloke but just not a great coach.

Don't know if any such speculation is correct, we don't know the dynamic, Teague or some other assistant could also just as easily have been eating away at the foundations.

Football clubs are funny places, it's never simple.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
I think that’s why the players were genuinely disappointed with what happened to him. Not that his game plan or messaging were great, but he was simply a good bloke, who was invested in them and the club for all the right reasons and left with dignity. Just not up to the job.

Not sure the North boys could boast about having the same affection for Scott.

The North players were balling their eyes out in the rooms.

Our boys liked Bolton but they were losing faith in his game style.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #94
Don't know if any such speculation is correct, we don't know the dynamic, Teague or some other assistant could also just as easily have been eating away at the foundations.

Football clubs are funny places, it's never simple.

You and your conspiracies, Spotted One. Your house is the only one in the street with an aluminium foil roof, right? Jokes, Spotted One, just kidding mate...  ;) ;) :)  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #95
You and your conspiracies, Spotted One. Your house is the only one in the street with an aluminium foil roof, right? Jokes, Spotted One, just kidding mate...  ;) ;) :)  ;D

We can joke, but the fortunes of a club will affect the incomes of those involved, if some think they are about to bite it or are wearing the blame unjustly all sorts of stuff goes down!

Which is why it's valid to ask questions about the long term survivors of such turmoil, can the survivors really be blame free? Many a captain has gone down with the ship because of somebody else's error!

It's interesting, easy to blame the coach, and I myself stated after Cripps revelations that BB was to blame for not seeing or being able to address that situation causing a guy like Cripps to question his future. But you can invert that argument as ask why did it take the coach being kiboshed before the players let go of the past failures? I've always told any people I coach or captain that the first step to your next success is letting go the failures of the past, it's absolutely imperative in high level sport that you learn from but do not carry with you earlier failures as they create doubt and build pressure.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96

Knew the Kevin Rudd foil loft insulation scheme had an ulterior purpose!  :))
Reality always wins in the end.