Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs Casey Demons (Read 1707 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs Casey Demons

Reply #15
Good to see Carroll making a real contribution: 24 possessions, 4 tackles and 8 clearances.
Good to see Boyd's numbers: 25 possessions, 5 marks and 3 tackles, with a goal.
Binns continues to get big numbers. 25 possessions. 10 marks.

Philp: 12 possessions and 4 clearances is decent considering he's missed to much football.
Young's 22 possessions was good in that he also kept his opponents quiet. Nice to see.
Same can be said for Sam Durdin: 15 possessions and 6 marks. Their opponents got 1 goal between them.

O'Keefe is developing nicely as a ruckman. He has a lot of improvement in him yet, but I like the way he keeps in the contest. Not only did he have almost twice as many taps as his opponents. but he got 4 clearances himself.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
2nds are playing the wildcard round no matter what happens. 7 v 10, 8 v 9. That can't change because Richmond are playing North and one has to lose. We can't get to 6th or fall to 11th.

Reply #17
2nds are playing the wildcard round no matter what happens. 7 v 10, 8 v 9. That can't change because Richmond are playing North and one has to lose. We can't get to 6th or fall to 11th.
what if they draw?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #20

Philp: 12 possessions and 4 clearances is decent considering he's missed to much football.

Great to see him back after so long.  Looks stronger but might need a few games to regain his speed.

Reply #21
Great to see him back after so long.  Looks stronger but might need a few games to regain his speed.
The thing that impressed me was that Philp spent no time as a small forward: he was an inside mid for all of his game time. I liked that. As a forward he is inconsistent (but then, which small forwards are not?), as a mid he was at the coal face and using his body and his pace.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
O'Keeffe seems to have much more to offer around the ground

O’Keeffe is more of a natural footballer; he reads the play, gets in the right position, enjoys the physicality, and uses the ball well.

However, I wouldn’t by writing Mirkov off just yet.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
O’Keeffe is more of a natural footballer; he reads the play, gets in the right position, enjoys the physicality, and uses the ball well.

Agree...if you look at Mason Cox as a guide and not having that football background as a kid I think Mirkov has been starting from a fair way back and will need some more time yet. I think his ruckwork has improved and we should continue with him since we have put the ground work into him and id hate for him to go to another club and prosper on the back of our development.

Reply #24

Mirkov reminds me of Justin Madden and his graceful movement skills and has impressed in the ruck but not around the ground, as yet.

Reply #25
Mirkov reminds me of Justin Madden and his graceful movement skills and has impressed in the ruck but not around the ground, as yet.
Even before his issues I thought he was 2 pre-seasons away from being competitive, oddly given his health issue to me it looks like he has the mobility and very good agility for a bloke his size, but obviously he must have been tiring rapidly. He needs to learn the game.

I never got the impression he had run out of legs or anything like that, just that he isn't getting to where the ball is and is not reacting fast enough when we don't have the ball. Maybe they detected stuff on the GPS.
The Force Awakens!