Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 2967 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #30
It's nice to be having some good luck for a change. Last week with Marchbank,  this week in the last with Lukosius out on the full, Anderson just missing and kicking a behind,  and of course Charlie's super mark.

Reply #31
As a 40+ year member very proud of the boys and ecstatic at playing finals again. Could have rolled over today but hung in there. Bring on the finals, everything starts again.

Reply #32
It’s a good thing the boys practised a scenario with Charlie going back into defence to protect a lead.  Charlie may not be the best player in the competition but he’s not far off.

We had some lapses in defence but all of our defenders stood up when it counted.  Weitering was outstanding again and he was ably supported by Newman and Kemp.  Fish had another good game as a defender.

I thought that we lacked energy in the first quarter and didn’t get reward for effort in the second.  Despite that, it seems that the playing group now has confidence in its ability to overcome any opposition.

Finals at long last … go Blues!!

And a cheeky Spanish 🍾 to celebrate  🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
10 years in the making enjoy the moment!

Im rightly getting stuck into the reds!

(and watching the scum get belted)

Me and my best mate have been on the beers and reds all day watching the game. That was as stressful as I have experienced. All the horrid memories from last years end to the season came flashing back. Thank fark for Charlie!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
More to gain coming into a finals campaign in a win like that than a comfortable soft win.

Boys will gain real belief that we can win multiple ways which is a good trait to have leading into finals.
Cripps was noticeably hurt and had minimum impact add in no cerra and no Walsh we had a second string midfield which makes the win considering the start and playing interstate all the better.

Be rapt if we get thru next week with no injures and get a few soldiers back - will be very hard to beat in the first final.

Reply #35
Me and my best mate have been on the beers and reds all day watching the game. That was as stressful as I have experienced. All the horrid memories from last years end to the season came flashing back. Thank fark for Charlie!

We've been on the other side of this too many times. I wasn't going to lift the proverbial a second before it was set in stone.

It's set in stone GIT 🍾 Enjoy.
It's out with the old and in with the new Carlton.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #36
Some may consider Drugcheats abysmal 20 goal shellacking as the cherry on top!
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #37
What a fine day

Reply #38

...and the cherry is beautifully ripe, full sized and surrounded by fresh whipped cream, then washed down with the finest of reds... maybe even a Penfolds Grange Shiraz. 2016, of course - better vintages are reserved for Blue Bagger victories!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #39
Charlie did a good imitation of Kouta, setting up a goal then going back and saving the day in the last line of defence with a great mark. What a player.

Reply #41
Charlie did a good imitation of Kouta, setting up a goal then going back and saving the day in the last line of defence with a great mark. What a player.

Yep. Good point.

Reply #42
Incredible! Something I never thought I'd see.
Now, all we have to do is beat the team that did that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #43
I couldn’t watch / my kid was telling me to leave the Loungeroom as I was so frustrated!  I sat at the MCG holding it together last week, including sitting behind Melb goals when THAT touched behind occurred. Just didn’t have it in me to watch it unfold  today unfortunately and had to leave the house 😂 ridiculous but that’s what it means, especially for Cripps to get the taste of finals he desperately wants.