Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 399183 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1545
That's unkind Paul  ;)

Yes. It was a bad lapse in judgment which I regret, and it's been on my mind all day. It seems to me that Mr koutz has a simplistic belief that the left is bad and the right is good, and all the world's ills are attributable to the former and it's up to the latter to fix them. That doesn't excuse my post and I apologize for that.

Reply #1546
Yes. It was a bad lapse in judgment which I regret, and it's been on my mind all day. It seems to me that Mr koutz has a simplistic belief that the left is bad and the right is good, and all the world's ills are attributable to the former and it's up to the latter to fix them. That doesn't excuse my post and I apologize for that.

You're a good man Paul ... we need more like you!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1548
Whatever issues Hilary has, she is at least a career politician, and someone who would take the job of President seriously. The biggest problem I have with Trump is that it's just a game to him, he doesn't take the office seriously. It means nothing to him, and I'm not sure it ever will.
Just a little more about this.

It does seem to mean something to Trump, wealth.

Arrange for the office to cost Trump his wealth and he will leave voluntarily!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1549
Is it me perceiving something that isn't really there, or are there in fact a fleet of rather wealthy US individuals currently busy divesting themselves of US property?

The pundits with vested interests, mostly property and realty moguls keep telling us there is nothing wrong.

But the super wealthy, people with homes worth tens of million$ seemed to be offloading property at a record rate!

I wonder why, and where is that money going?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1550
Apparently holding Trump's decapitated head is where the line is drawn for the lunatic left.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1551
Interesting report from WaPo that the FBI is focussing on Jared Kushner. 

Of course, his meetings with Russians and his association with a Russian Bank with links to the Kremlin would be of interest, as would be his failure to disclose those meetings on his security and financial declarations.

But one aspect that is being pursued is something I had never heard about.  Kushner was involved in putting together the micro-analytics program which was used by the Trump campaign.  That program enabled the campaign to target small groups of voters who could be persuaded to vote for Trump.  This was apparently of great value in winning the critical states that put Trump over the top.

The FBI wants to know if the Trump campaign provided those analytics to Russia so it could target persuadable voters with pro-Trump and anti-Clinton fake news.

At this stage, that's just a possibility that the FBI wants to investigate and AFAIK there's no evidence that this happened.  But if it did, that would constitute collusion with a foreign power.  It's a fascinating hypothesis that I've never heard before.

do you work for news.com.au
?

Reply #1552
No - I don't even bother with news.com.au sites. Was it reported on one?

Reply #1553
Apparently holding Trump's decapitated head is where the line is drawn for the lunatic left.

I think it draws the line of reasonableness for most humans, especially in light of what the world has been subjected to over the last 5 years.
Making a statement with a politicians or anybodies decapitated head is in incredibly poor judgement and his family in particular should never have been subjected to that.

It is the same way that burning and hanging effigies of Obama was completely out of line.

I don't see has anything to do with the left or the right.
It is idiotic, distasteful groups and individuals that go to disgusting extremes like the one you mention.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #1554
The silence is deafening from the lefties!   :o

Reply #1555
None is so deaf as he who will not hear ...

Reply #1556

Unfortunately climate change isn't going to distract our attention away from kids being blown up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1557

Who are these lefties you speak of? What are they? ??? Aren't they the ones heavily into social justice/human rights and environmental issues? Then wouldn't they be appalled by any representation of violence to another person? I think MIO put it well.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1558
Unfortunately climate change isn't going to distract our attention away from kids being blown up.
Or knifed.  Like in Portland, USA.  Did you hear about 2 heroes who were knifed to death on a train by a right-wing extremist simply because they told him to stop bullying 2 Muslim girls?  Strange that Trump doesn't seem to have noticed that one (other than 1 brief tweet).

By the way, wasn't Trump going to simply bomb the sheet out of ISIS?  How's that working?

Thank God for someone like Trump.  Without him, no one would know about ISIS.  It's not as if Obama went after terrorists, is it?  By the way, did you like Zero Dark Thirty?  Wonder if the intelligence community in the US, UK and other Western countries (including Australia) have foiled any terrorist plots over the last decade and a half.  I'd imagine they all just watch TV all day and tweet nonsense like a lying piece of pond scum does all the time.

Reply #1559
People have got politics wrong.

Each issue should be measured on its merits.

Some issues need to be dealt with according to one ideology, other issues, need to be dealt with the opposing ideology.  (For arguments sake, left/right).

The thing is, that which way you swing will be dictated more by where society currently sits, and what the better outcome "for now and moving forward" is and some people will argue stubbornly about what is right and wrong, based on a political allegiance, rather than what the correct decision and outcome is, because they lack the critical and analytical thinking to arrive at the appropriate conclusion.

this is why when people say "the looney left, or the Fascist right" I start thinking to myself, why??  Because their idology is different surrounding a subject??  Nature conservationists, can be nationalists and still campaign for Green wedges to remain.  Its called protecting our environment and making responsible decisions for future generations, whilst still achieving good outcomes for both now, and future generations.

this is where politics falls over.  People think they are sports team to support without question and seem to revel in the glory of victory when their chosen ideology has a win.  Its rubbish.  thats how you end up with the extremes in politics which are generally negative in outcome.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson