Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434097 times) previous topic - next topic
bratblue and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #2190
The back of the packet?
I wish I'd thought of that! ;D

@DJC An aside, did you notice the TGA is coming down hard on those profiteering from "Trumps COVID solutions", Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine. The crooks are all getting cease and desist orders issued this week, I'm a bit disappointed it took this long, but it's a step in the right direction.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2191

Statistically, you probably find that eating 2,000,000 Smarties is likely to kill you by a range of means anyway, choking, diabetes, obesity, vitamin deficiency!
But what a way to go
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2192
Not at all, firstly the idea that a vaccine is solely responsible for a demise is laughable, and secondly the numbers are drastically different.

Up until today, 205,000,000 COVID vaccinations have been issued, yet the sensationalist media and anti-vaxxers highlight a handful of correlated incidents that could be severe reactions.

"Letting it Rip" would be the equivalent of putting the mutating virus on steroids and expecting a good result. It's a complete misunderstanding of how a virus evolves in relation to how immunity develops. The sort of immunity the anti-vaxxers claim will come from a release requires global deaths to be in the 8 and 9 digit category, 10 or 100 times more than now!
All the current vaccines are approved for emergency use after Stage III trials testing vaccine on 10,000 to 40,000 individuals in double blind, which bypasses Stage IV where perhaps it is required to specifically test vaccine on 100,000 or more individuals are required. But by accelerating the roll-out of emergency use Stage IV is effectively already being conducted in many regions. It's wrong to consider people as guinea pigs when vaccinated in Feb 2021, because some regions have been vaccinating since Dec 2020, it's just that each region has sovereignty over it's own approval process. But globally due to the very high numbers of people already vaccinated the trial is effectively done.

Testing 10,000,000 over 3 months is functionally the same as testing 2,000,000 over a year or 1,000,000 over two years with a good safe margin. Humans struggle with the math because it doesn't fit with personal experience. These are numbers a regular deliberate trial can only dream of!

Keep in mind the anti-vaxxers and media are referring to incidents that happened within minutes or hours of being vaccinated. How many hours have passed for those individuals already vaccinated, I don't know how to do that calculation but it will be billions of hours!

Some vaccines have been given permission to Challenge test, which makes this Stage III and IV process effectively redundant, but is not consider as scientifically rigorous as there is no double blind trial.

Despite the rare events that relate to specifics, this vaccine is already statistically safer than driving, flying, eating nuts, smoking, drinking alcohol, sunbaking, climbing a ladder, taking a shower, having a bath. I realise this doesn't fit with some people's experience, but you can't debate the math, it just is!

You might die, I might die, coincidentally or just because of the injection, or because of anaphylactic shock, but you are more likely to die trying a new food or restaurant this week!

There is still enough statistical bias in the numbers to show, that adverse outcomes vary for all ages, and that those who die "from covid" sometimes actually die from something else, AND they have covid, which simply complicates their treatment.

THAT is an uncomfortable truth, not easily explained.

THAT is why we locked down though. To stop those vulnerable people from dieing from COVID.  Statistically, if COVID led to bad outcomes, our return travellers should start heading into hospital, and having the odd covid death by now.

We dont but there might be a reason for that.  Most likely linked to the demographic of return traveller, and worker in hotel quarantine.  i.e. these people are likely younger and fitter than average.  Hence the lack of COVID deaths since we "eradicated" it. 

As for the vaccines, the story I quoted is one that should be heeded.  That H1N1 vaccine was sidelined after they jabbed 40 million people in 1973.  The data shows 1 extra case of GBS per 100 000 people.  Not significant in itself, but significant enough if you were the one who ended up with it.

Hence what I stated previously.  You are confirming your bias by subscribing to the answer of vaccines dont do any harm.  They can, and sometimes they do.  Thats not to mean we shouldnt administer it, it just means we need to be cautious about what we are doing, why we are doing it, and what the potential outcomes are.  I dont blame anyone for not wanting it, and I dont blame anyone who thinks they should get it, because they ultimately are guided by whats good for them. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2193
Hence what I stated previously.  You are confirming your bias by subscribing to the answer of vaccines dont do any harm.  I don't think there has been anyone on here who has demonstrated blind faith and a 100% belief that all vaccines are 'safe.' All vaccines have had issues with a small % of the community. They can, and sometimes they do.  Thats not to mean we shouldnt administer it, it just means we need to be cautious about what we are doing, why we are doing it, and what the potential outcomes are.  I dont blame anyone for not wanting it - depends why, and I dont blame anyone who thinks they should get it, because they ultimately are guided by whats good for them.

Now, 3 Leos, you were being a bit of a smarty pants ;)  -- come on, admit it  ;) -- when you asked a few posts back, in my response to a post on a more positive vaccine outlook, that if a relative of mine was harmed or died from the vaccine how would I feel? Now, you cheeky fella, I of course would be devastated and grief struck, BUT, it would NOT result in me decrying the vaccine. I would understand that the greater community good is being aided by the vaccine.

As with most medical discoveries I am confident that all Covid vaccines will continue to undergo testing and refining to improve efficacy and minimise adverse reaction potential. This is a global emergency and we are doing the best we can in the circumstances.

As I mentioned way back when I was having my vaccines on joining the RAN, most of us felt crook but recovered, about 1%, or less, of the guys had a very adverse reaction - but I, and millions of others from that era, have not had TB, Yellow Fever etc. I, and millions of others, have not had measles, polio... and so on. Some people cannot handle one of the great inventions of the 20th century, penicillin, and can get very ill, even die... but we don't discontinue penicillin because of that - we researched and found other means to help those folks (as a note of interest - indigenous folks through the ages used variations of mould /herbs etc. to treat illnesses with some success!).

The human species is damn resilient, and smart... and yet, can also be incredibly fearful and jump to, sometimes, bizarre conclusions. I don't think anyone on here, when expressing a favourable attitude to vaccines, is talking in absolutes. In a 100 years time people will look back on how we handled the pandemic and probably summize that we did the best we could with what we knew.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2194
It's early detection and early treatment that helps reduce the death rate, something provided by science and technology, an outcome second only to preventing COVID infections in the first place.

It's not the benevolence of the virus that reduces death rates!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2195
Now, 3 Leos, you were being a bit of a smarty pants ;)  -- come on, admit it  ;) -- when you asked a few posts back, in my response to a post on a more positive vaccine outlook, that if a relative of mine was harmed or died from the vaccine how would I feel? Now, you cheeky fella, I of course would be devastated and grief struck, BUT, it would NOT result in me decrying the vaccine. I would understand that the greater community good is being aided by the vaccine.

As with most medical discoveries I am confident that all Covid vaccines will continue to undergo testing and refining to improve efficacy and minimise adverse reaction potential. This is a global emergency and we are doing the best we can in the circumstances.

As I mentioned way back when I was having my vaccines on joining the RAN, most of us felt crook but recovered, about 1%, or less, of the guys had a very adverse reaction - but I, and millions of others from that era, have not had TB, Yellow Fever etc. I, and millions of others, have not had measles, polio... and so on. Some people cannot handle one of the great inventions of the 20th century, penicillin, and can get very ill, even die... but we don't discontinue penicillin because of that - we researched and found other means to help those folks (as a note of interest - indigenous folks through the ages used variations of mould /herbs etc. to treat illnesses with some success!).

The human species is damn resilient, and smart... and yet, can also be incredibly fearful and jump to, sometimes, bizarre conclusions. I don't think anyone on here, when expressing a favourable attitude to vaccines, is talking in absolutes. In a 100 years time people will look back on how we handled the pandemic and probably summize that we did the best we could with what we knew.

Well said Ol Boy, I tips me lid to ya.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2196
I've read enough and seen enough to take the jab and not even think twice about it.

Get on with it.

Reply #2197
I wish I'd thought of that! ;D

@DJC An aside, did you notice the TGA is coming down hard on those profiteering from "Trumps COVID solutions", Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine. The crooks are all getting cease and desist orders issued this week, I'm a bit disappointed it took this long, but it's a step in the right direction.

So Risch is making it all up is he?

Being competent at bluster doesn't make one knowledgeable....

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Risch-2020-11-19.pdf

As I have said on many occasions, the evidence for benefit of hydroxychloroquine used early in high-risk outpatients is extremely strong, and the evidence against harm is also equally strong. This body of evidence dramatically outweighs the
risk/benefit evidence for remdesivir, monoclonal antibodies or the difficult to use bamlanivimab that the FDA has approved for emergency use authorizations while denying the emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine. This egregious double standard for hydroxychloroquine needs to be overturned immediately and its emergency use authorization application approved. This is how we will get on the road to early outpatient treatment and the major curtailment of mortality.

c19study.com
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2198
I've read enough and seen enough to take the jab and not even think twice about it.

Get on with it.

you're only reading the (official) narrative then.

Try this:

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/99d35b02-a5cb-41e6-ad80-a070f8a5ee17/JSP_PP.pdfhttps://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/99d35b02-a5cb-41e6-ad80-a070f8a5ee17/JSP_PP.pdf
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2199
When you immunise the herd you expect to lose a few along the way, I think Thry is only trying to point out you need to spend some time reducing how many " few" are lost and its an individual choice and those who choose not to be vaccinated or delay vaccination should not be ostracized or seen as jeopardizing the herd.

Reply #2201
https://theconversation.com/i-was-the-australian-doctor-on-the-whos-covid-19-mission-to-china-heres-what-we-found-about-the-origins-of-the-coronavirus-155554
You can only find whats presented to you, the Chinese had ample time to clean up any evidence they created IMHO and you look at missing doctors, wuhan lab staff being reported as ill with CoVid symptoms and I think the jury is still out on the origins of CoVid19. 

Reply #2202
You can only find whats presented to you, the Chinese had ample time to clean up any evidence they created IMHO and you look at missing doctors, wuhan lab staff being reported as ill with CoVid symptoms and I think the jury is still out on the origins of CoVid19. 

Well, if it really was Made In China, then it should be of low quality and stop working as advertised after a week lol. And here we are, 12 months later..............

Reply #2203
Well, if it really was Made In China, then it should be of low quality and stop working as advertised after a week lol. And here we are, 12 months later..............
Paul, I'll pay that   😄

Reply #2204
When you immunise the herd you expect to lose a few along the way, I think Thry is only trying to point out you need to spend some time reducing how many " few" are lost and its an individual choice and those who choose not to be vaccinated or delay vaccination should not be ostracized or seen as jeopardizing the herd.

Pretty much.  I'm a bit more understanding of the trepidation people may have.

Most of the ones worried have a story to go with that, and usually its tied to good intentions with bad outcomes.

Combine a pandemic, with a general mistrust of the merit of our response and management of said response, add a dose of skepticism to this particular vaccine, and the anti vaccination crowd is actually much larger portion of the population than usual this time.

I fully expect that uncomfortable outcomes from this vaccination to be buried and explained away too which is why when they say the vaccine is perfectly safe people will take that with a grain of salt.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson