Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS (Read 23369 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS

Reply #120
I've heard the very same commentators laugh and praise Mumford for dirty cheap shots label Chris Yarran's punch on Chapman (they were fighting mind you) a dog act.

Well, some people wake up eventually. The fact that they are indirectly saying we've been ripped off is amazing considering their normal stance.

Reply #121
Daisy gave him some treatment and was promptly penalised, resulting in a shot on goal.

I agree with Kennedy. If he doesn't come in this week, then questions need to be asked (and loudly) as to why.

Kennedy hasn’t played for a couple of weeks so he may well be off the pace

Reply #122
I've heard the very same commentators laugh and praise Mumford for dirty cheap shots label Chris Yarran's punch on Chapman (they were fighting mind you) a dog act.

Chapman was on his feet at least and saw that left cross coming....

Reply #123
Mumford won't be squealing then when somebody sinks their knee into his kidneys,  so he has to piss out a catheter for a month. Weak screwing dog.  

We owe this Clark Kent big time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #124
Did anyone else notice that only a few minutes after Cripps got reported for his love tap on Taranto, that he had the opportunity to tackle him and he went for it. Ran straight through him, dumped him and landed on top of him with full body weight. Taranto was left laying on the turf for a while after that and may have even been taken off the ground.

A good old fashioned, LEGAL, square up.

I love Cripps.

Reply #125
Yep saw that,  he has a habit of really dropping and driving the shoulder in,  like you do on the bags. That's why he won't win a Brownlow - he's too good at the
 legal square up.

Taranto didn't do anything stupid after that, he worked out quickly that a lack of respect hurts.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #126
Just confirmed murphy has broken ribs and will be out for 2-3 weeks. How good would it be if someone from the club just mentioned it casually in a press conference that our bigger players will be practicing Mumfords technique and will put it into play, on smaller midfielders as it has a much bigger impact then a bump and best of all its legal. How good it that  ::).

Pretty obvious the AFL looks after their interests...GWS is one of them that the AFL need up there and the bend the rules whenever they can in order to assist.

I saw the Murphy injury on tv, and commented on our in game thread. I suspected he'd suffered # ribs. Don't have to be Doc Sprock to see the impact of Mumford's actions. Hence, initial comments calling for sanctions.

Like many other CFC issues it either disappears or intensifies when it gets to the AFL. It's fascinating to note that it is mostly to our disadvantage. Equity doesn't seem to prevail, even in the face of "previous cases" for sound comparison. It's almost as if there is no meaningful consistency between the nation's law and that of the AFL when it comes to CFC. I can't work it out at all.

Heal well Jonesy, Plowman, and Murphy ????
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #128
http://theland-downunder.com/2019/05/20/logiudice-i-didnt-consider-sacking-coach-bolton/?fbclid=IwAR2zsybwaR__HSC-h_fnNQVxQfAJmmFZw_SqBsx-1aKSBjMMkL_yDVhlERY

Is that the best MLG can muster?

From that article :

He said the club’s faith in Bolton stemmed from the belief success came by “sticking together”.

“There’s plenty of evidence which shows that clubs which stick together ultimately win and enjoy success,” he said.

“They’re the facts. Clubs that stick together, and I’m talking board, coaches, players, members, supporters, sponsors, I mean the nucleus of a football club, those who stick together and support ultimately enjoy great success.”

“Let’s not individualise, as a footy club it is extremely challenging … extremely,” he said. “But that’s no problem, you have to live and die by that.

“It’s a patience game and it’s easy to say and hard to do. Remember, GWS went through all this by the way.”

FINALLY !! Woo Hoo !! I can't believe I actually read that, from a CFC President.

Let's hope it's true.

Now, please sort of the umpire and MRO nonsense.

Reply #129
http://theland-downunder.com/2019/05/20/logiudice-i-didnt-consider-sacking-coach-bolton/?fbclid=IwAR2zsybwaR__HSC-h_fnNQVxQfAJmmFZw_SqBsx-1aKSBjMMkL_yDVhlERY

Is that the best MLG can muster?

What about a comment on the Murphy incident and othehadrs before that..... :-[ :-[

The GWS comparisons, which are used often, are a bit of  a red herring.

We don't have the draft concessions they had.
We don't have the extended list they had.
They were able to sign uncontracted AFL players for a couple of years.
They had extra salary cap room.
We ended up with their 'surplus' players.

Our development as a team will be completely different.

Reply #130
The GWS comparisons, which are used often, are a bit of  a red herring.

We don't have the draft concessions they had.
We don't have the extended list they had.
They were able to sign uncontracted AFL players for a couple of years.
They had extra salary cap room.
We ended up with their 'surplus' players.

Our development as a team will be completely different.

We are the low rent GWS, but the principle still applies IMO.

Reply #131
It's all warm and fuzzy regarding the sticking together part  but it gives the impression that they're at a loss to explain it other than 'we're young and we lack leadership.

Combining comments by club individuals from this and another article in another thread.....'

"Extremely disappointing, unacceptable performance- unacceptable result, not making excuses, very poor, hard questions need to be asked, lack of aggression, this hurts because we thought we were past it, poor skills, a performance like yesterday.... I think it spreads throughout the whole playing group and club,"

That hardly instils confidence that they're in control of the situation.

Reply #132
It's all warm and fuzzy regarding the sticking together part  but it gives the impression that they're at a loss to explain it other than 'we're young and we lack leadership.

Combining comments by club individuals from this and another article in another thread.....'

"Extremely disappointing, unacceptable performance- unacceptable result, not making excuses, very poor, hard questions need to be asked, lack of aggression, this hurts because we thought we were past it, poor skills, a performance like yesterday.... I think it spreads throughout the whole playing group and club,"

That hardly instils confidence that they're in control of the situation.

The club knows exactly why it's happening, and so do most (or some) on here.

Reply #133
The club knows exactly why it's happening, and so do most (or some) on here.

We're young and we lack leadership?
Whose fault is that?

We all understand what they're trying to do...but it's not exactly following the script.
The 'thought we were past it' comment by Docherty reflects that.

I doubt any club will ever try and duplicate the Carlton model in the future.

We've had two really bad performances in recent weeks and that's put some pressure on the club.
So a lot now depends on the next four weeks and getting things on track,.
Close results wont be enough in these games.

To me this is the important takeout from that article....

“You might think, here we go again with the repetitive ‘young list’ … I’m not making excuses, there’s no excuse for the performance and effort of yesterday, none,” LoGiudice said.
“I can give you all the boxes we’re ticking off-field, but our fans want wins. The whole club wants wins.”

Reply #134
Did anyone else notice that only a few minutes after Cripps got reported for his love tap on Taranto, that he had the opportunity to tackle him and he went for it. Ran straight through him, dumped him and landed on top of him with full body weight. Taranto was left laying on the turf for a while after that and may have even been taken off the ground.

A good old fashioned, LEGAL, square up.

I love Cripps.

Yep - and did you see when he tackled Mumford and put him in a little head lock. Wasn't much but a sign he didn't forget what he did to Murphy. Only thing in the game I liked - and the only sign of any response to that dog act
Pls kick straight Harry