Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer Set To Blossom (Madden) - HUN (Read 23440 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kreuzer Set To Blossom (Madden) - HUN

Reply #46
I'd like to repay his loyalty  by trading him to a club where he can taste success.
shoenmakers + a pick will get it done

Reply #48
I'd like to repay his loyalty  by trading him to a club where he can taste success.

Shoenmakers....please tell me you're taking the p!ss......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #49

Shoenmakers....please tell me you're taking the p!ss......

Dawks don't need a ruckmen anymore, in fact as of last trade period few clubs do!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
If I was going to trade Kruezer it would be to GWS or GC where I could pick up a good kid or two and try and get a return on the No 1 pick  used for MK..
The going rate for rucks seems to be about pick 30-40 and with MK having his injury problems and needing a season to prove he is fit it aint going to happen in a hurry and we wouldnt be getting much back...

re: Sconemakers...no thanks.........

Reply #51
If I was going to trade Kruezer it would be to GWS or GC where I could pick up a good kid or two and try and get a return on the No 1 pick  used for MK..
The going rate for rucks seems to be about pick 30-40 and with MK having his injury problems and needing a season to prove he is fit it aint going to happen in a hurry and we wouldnt be getting much back...

re: Sconemakers...no thanks.........

Neither GC or GWS technically need a ruck, they have injury free kids who can fill the role just as effectively as SpecialK.

Our problem isn't keeping to trading Kreuzer, our problem is using him correctly, I have no faith that we would use a replacement any better than we have used Kreuzer. Our club b0rks up more talented players faster than babies are made, MM is particularly bad at making talented players fit his plan! I rather a coach like Roos who gives them a simple plan then lets them play to their skills and strengths.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Must keep Kreuzer till 2016.  spoke to the kid at the 150th bash, and he was telling me about how he has had a bad run with injuries and it's frustrating not being able to get out there.

The guy is a talented player.  He can play forward, he can play ruck.  Based on his first couple of years he was good.  Let's not forget Ratten tried to turn him into a full time forward too.  The bloke has genuine ability below his knees, and can ruck and take a mark.  You put him into a team that has other forward targets and he will blossom in much the same way David Hale has at Hawthorn.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #53
I would have no hesitation in keeping Kreuz and focussing him on being primarily a mobile ruck and resting him forward, if he were truly over his injuries. And there's the rub, will he ever be over them?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #54
Kreuzer will never be the player he was before his knee op.It will take a miracle for him to be anywhere near what he was .I say trade him ,we should get a 2nd round pick for him .
Sam Jacobs all is forgiven ,please come back,bring Eddie with you   >:(  

Reply #55
I would have no hesitation in keeping Kreuz and focussing him on being primarily a mobile ruck and resting him forward, if he were truly over his injuries. And there's the rub, will he ever be over them?

This is code for status quo.....

Reply #56

This is code for status quo.....

Didn't quite understand "status quo" MF. You mean keep him or let him go?

Reply #57
You put him into a team that has other forward targets and he will blossom in much the same way David Hale has at Hawthorn.

Kreuzer could play another 7 years, with future good health he will make the likes of Hale look ordinary by the time he is finished!

But there is a big if, if the MC and the coach use him correctly!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
@cookie
I commented on your position
My stated position was trade

Reply #59
@cookie
I commented on your position
My stated position was trade

OK thanks MF. Just to clarify, my position really is that if he recovers then he'd be worth keeping. I hope he does, but I've got my doubts and in that case I don't think we'd be able to meaningfully trade him unfortunately.