Skip to main content
Topic: Power forward? (Read 40286 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Power forward?

Reply #45
I think we can all agree (majority) that Jones = Fail

45% game time and 1 possession in a "B" game, ya think???

I've seen headless chooks that offer more direction than Liam "The Beast" Jones!

The sad thing is physically he is almost the perfect type for AFL, it's just he has too much lacking in too many other areas. At the weekend Jones was trying to do a Roughead, hurt opponents with tackling, but in that same amount of game time Roughead would normally take 4 or 5 marks and gather a dozen possessions.

Actually in his 1st season Roughead played very similar to the way Jones is playing in his 7th, Roughead has progressed Jones hasn't!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
45% game time and 1 possession in a "B" game, ya think???

I've seen headless chooks than offer more direction than Liam "The Beast" Jones!

The sad thing is physically he is almost the perfect type for AFL, it's just he has too much lacking in too many other areas. At the weekend Jones was trying to do a Roughead, hurt opponents with tackling, but in the same amount of game time Roughead would normally take 4 or 5 marks and gather a dozen possessions. Actually in his 1st season Roughead played very similar to the way Jones is playing in his 7th!

In my opinion, the only chance he has of making it is to play him in  the back half, following around an opposition forward.

Reply #47
In my opinion, the only chance he has of making it is to play him in  the back half, following around an opposition forward.

But that's all he would do  ::)

When Jones played his first game for us, the ABC had a recently retired Hawthorn player doing expert comments and he ran through Hawthorn's analysis of Jones and it wasn't flattering.  Surely, if Hawthorn knew his limitations so well, we should have had doubts about his ability to get the footy.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #48
GPS and Heart Rate numbers dont lie. He hasn't been able to build up a tank thus far. Until he does, he may look like a perfect specimen but he will be far from it. Roughy can go all day, Jones just cant go.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
I cannot wait for Jones to be off our list, he's hindering Fosters development.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #50
Love to see the scouting report that we acted on to sign Jones , who ever did it certainly had an off day .

Reply #51
I cannot wait for Jones to be off our list, he's hindering Fosters development.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #52
Love to see the scouting report that we acted on to sign Jones , who ever did it certainly had an off day .

I don't think we would have taken Jones if it wasn't for Waite going, more a move to cover a hole than a targeted poach but it was a dud move as he'll sit on our list for a total of 3 years.

Reply #54
I don't think we would have taken Jones if it wasn't for Waite going, more a move to cover a hole than a targeted poach but it was a dud move as he'll sit on our list for a total of 3 years.

It would have been better to give Waite his two years.  We'd have a competitive, if erratic, key forward this season while the young blokes develop.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #55

Probably played well against us...that used to be our recruiting criteria in years gone by...

Reply #56
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-17/2014-trade-wrap

The master of disaster had been watching Jones since he was 17.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #57
GPS and Heart Rate numbers dont lie. He hasn't been able to build up a tank thus far. Until he does, he may look like a perfect specimen but he will be far from it. Roughy can go all day, Jones just cant go.

I didn't know that he had poor endurance

Reply #59
Is that so Carrots?

FMD!! Geez I feel for Ratts when I read this sort of stuff.

Yeah there was an article at some stage last year on it and it all of a sudden made sense re the ridiculous hype and leg up Mick gave him. I'll try and dig it up when I get home from work.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!