Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2020 Rd 2: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 17882 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2020 Rd 2: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
I realise it's foolish to try and be cheery in a losing post match thread, but take away that first q, and it's not all doom and gloom. We won the 2nd, 3rd and 4th q, had more scoring shots, more I50's, and frankly looked the better team for most of the match. Yes, it's only Melbourne, but if one of those behinds goes straight.................
If my nonna had coglioni she'd be my nonno.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
If my nonna had coglioni she'd be my nonno.

If your nonna is anything like my nonna, she probably had coglioni.

At any rate, the first q was awful, but it wasn't so bad after that.

Reply #32
Hard At times? I am dead set over it. I changed channels in the 1st in disgust when they kicked their 5th (11 I50s to nil). I just cant watch it anymore, sorry but I just cant. I feel for people who coughed up their hard earned to support them and get that crap in return. Call me a sook, fairweather supporter whatever, they wont get a cent out of me ever again. Nothing changes, same rubbish week in week out sprinkled with the odd win every now and then against the bottom sides. If I hear one more person mention our supposed top end talent I will spew up. We have Cripps, Weitering and maybe Doc if he can stay injury free. The rest are just very average footballers with no intensity, poor skills and turn up and perform occasionally to justify collecting a pay cheque. Five farken years we have been waiting for green shoots, young players, blah blah farken blah. As ol mate Dane Swan said, the world has changed forever in the wake of Covid19, there is a constant though, the CFC and their pathetic rinse repeat efforts.

I was being generous GTC.  VERY

Reply #33
I was being generous GTC.  VERY

I know mate, I'm filthy can you tell?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #34
I'm not sure Cripps was 100%.
Just seemed to lack a bit of the usual explosiveness...and certainly the impact.

Reply #36
Just seemed to lack a bit of the usual explosiveness...and certainly the impact.
The strapping on his knee seems to get bigger every week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #37
If your nonna is anything like my nonna, she probably had coglioni.

At any rate, the first q was awful, but it wasn't so bad after that.
You're telling me, I turned off after they kicked their 5th, I just could watch any more. And by that, I mean I cant watch anymore, not this week, next week, the week after and so on. I cant do the "1st qtr was bad, the rest was ok" thing. All I see is the 1st qtr over and over and over. Nuffs enuff.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #38
‘Besides the first quarter / half / third quarter / last quarter / first 5 minutes / Last 5 minutes

Bull dust constant bull dust

They are professional athletes that play a game with a sole objective to win. That is it. Not a close finish or a good come back.

Over the excuses, and I have been waiting and waiting and patient.

Can not rely on Crippa to do it all - kid will leave soon enough

Reply #39
Don’t like to kick when down but when they cannot score in one whole quarter, the first after 3 months away. Not one score. No rushed behind. Nothing.

Sad

Reply #40
Very hard when you list contains just 3 at best A grade players in Cripps, doc and Weitering

Add in at best 3-4 B graders.

The rest of the side is C grade and below.

5 years into a rebuild and still a bottom team.

Miles behind where I thought we would be.

Reply #41
 His eyes were a bit sunken as well, like he'd been unwell.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Two points only to make.  (1) - Marc Murphy, '0' tackles in 2 games (3 hours) of football this year.  What an inspirational leader.  (2) Teague.  Honestly, why can't we spend money on a proper coach who can adequately 'prepare' the players to start from the first quarter.  Here we go again.  Big spoon chance in an asterix season.

Reply #43
Hard At times? I am dead set over it. I changed channels in the 1st in disgust when they kicked their 5th (11 I50s to nil). I just cant watch it anymore, sorry but I just cant. I feel for people who coughed up their hard earned to support them and get that crap in return. Call me a sook, fairweather supporter whatever, they wont get a cent out of me ever again. Nothing changes, same rubbish week in week out sprinkled with the odd win every now and then against the bottom sides. If I hear one more person mention our supposed top end talent I will spew up. We have Cripps, Weitering and maybe Doc if he can stay injury free. The rest are just very average footballers with no intensity, poor skills and turn up and perform occasionally to justify collecting a pay cheque. Five farken years we have been waiting for green shoots, young players, blah blah farken blah. As ol mate Dane Swan said, the world has changed forever in the wake of Covid19, there is a constant though, the CFC and their pathetic rinse repeat efforts.

The club is a disaster.  I have copped so much on here for about 7 years about how negative i am etc.  Truth is, we are, have been, and will always be a rabble until we get rid of the board.  The board appoints the CEO, and sets the culture.  Our culture is one of 'losing' and 'all in boys club'.  I mean, John Barker, what the hell is he still there for.  Joke

Reply #44
Don’t like to kick when down but when they cannot score in one whole quarter, the first after 3 months away. Not one score. No rushed behind. Nothing.

That Nunes lad is a fine pick up.  Not.  Another one of SOS's champs.

Sad