Skip to main content
Topic: Round 3 Carlton v Essendon-Post match thread (Read 37168 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 3 Carlton v Essendon-Post match thread

Reply #90
Because he isnt up to it and hasnt been since day 1 and should be off the list.....

Says more about others than it does him IMHO.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #91
Yarran was silly, undisciplined and will cost the team by his non-appearance next week(s)

And it was probably a great moment for Carlton folk because it was one of the rare bits of fight we've shown in the last decade where we've actually come out on top.

We have to develop a reputation of not being intimidated and folding when the pressure is applied.

I guess we just need to find that balance where we don't go that bit too far.

Reply #92
Because he isnt up to it and hasnt been since day 1 and should be off the list.....

Sad but true. If a few other blokes had his ticker...

When Slug, even though playing well in the twos, can't get a game, we know we're beginning to make progress.

Also, was good to see Dangles (Den Den) in the Seniors, his ability to get to contests through speed is something our forward line has missed. Still amazed he wasn't the sub ahead of Smith for the first two rounds. Yes, I know his disposal can be an issue at times, but his attack at the contest is something we've not seen since Robbo. And we desperately need blokes with that kind of passion for the contest and attack at the aggott.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #93
According to Chappy it was "crap punch".  Well it sat you on your ass like a bag of wet excrement.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #94
According to Chappy it was "crap punch".  Well it sat you on your ass like a bag of wet excrement.

Yep, why throw your best when a crap one 'll more than do the job.  :D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #95
Says more about others than it does him IMHO.

Huh? What does that have to do with him still being on the list Thry? The bloke is in his eighth (yes eighth) season and is still to cement a spot in the side and he's still on the list. Same with Armfield. Just poor poor list management.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
Punch happened right in front of me.  Didn't lood like a site punch to me.   :P

Reply #97

What a stupid thing for Chappy to say, he looked like he was going to cry after he was dumped on his dot! Clown.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #98
Anyone think Yarran should challenge whatever penalty they give him ;D

Yeah...Nuh!

Move on.

Reply #99
I know Yarran's actions were undisciplined but I am quite pleased that he threw the punch.  Yes, he will miss weeks but it's well past the time for our blokes to stand up for themselves.  Yarran's future opponents may think twice about trying to rough him up.

Similarly, I was happy with Gibbs' decision to go through with the late bump on Goddard, and the high contact.  He may miss a week but it will be worth it.

We need more blokes to show a bit of controlled aggression and make opponents just a little apprehansive.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #100
I'd personally like to see a 'line in the sand' game against the 'line in the sand' kings in Hawthorn. I don't even care of we don't win, I just want to see us fight back against their bullying of us for the last 10 years in the same manner that they did against the scum.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #101

We need more blokes to show a bit of controlled aggression and make opponents just a little apprehansive.

Unfortunately, Yarran's actions were anything but 'controlled' aggression!!

Reply #102
Unfortunately, Yarran's actions were anything but 'controlled' aggression!!

True but I have no doubt that he was reacting to 'Crapmans' actions, it was pretty out of character forr Yarran to lose control. Lets hope he gets 2 weeks reduce to 1 for good behaviour and he can play agains Collingwood.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #103
I'd personally like to see a 'line in the sand' game against the 'line in the sand' kings in Hawthorn. I don't even care of we don't win, I just want to see us fight back against their bullying of us for the last 10 years in the same manner that they did against the scum.

Reply #104
True but I have no doubt that he was reacting to 'Crapmans' actions, it was pretty out of character forr Yarran to lose control. Lets hope he gets 2 weeks reduce to 1 for good behaviour and he can play agains Collingwood.

I don't think we'll find out what Crapman did to provoke this, one of those things likely to stay on the field. One thing is for sure, Yazz had to have been severely provoked - well IMO at least.
Reality always wins in the end.