Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2023 Rd 1 Carlton vs Geelong (Read 1779 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 1 Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #45
Yep. I actually don't think he's a midfielder, more a high half-forward though minding his opponent would be a challenge! Maybe backline... he'll learn hardness there (with some other side!).
Can he do that in the AFL though?

Could you imagine last Thursday night if Owies, Motlop, Fisher, Durdin didn't chase?

There was a VFL game last year that Dow spent the game chasing and tackling, the difference was extraordinary, but it was only one game and normal service returned.
The Force Awakens!

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 1 Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #46
Can he do that in the AFL though?

Could you imagine last Thursday night if Owies, Motlop, Fisher, Durdin didn't chase?

There was a VFL game last year that Dow spent the game chasing and tackling, the difference was extraordinary, but it was only one game and normal service returned.

I remember that game too. And only punctuates the frustration the club must have with the lad.

The ability is there, it's how to motivate and develop these other important aspects of the game, into his game! The other night we did see him endeavour to bring team mates into the game with plenty of deft handballs... perhaps that's the first step that Luke is working on with him. I hope, for Paddy's sake, he can develop more strings to his bow during this season... but he got to want to, to take more risks with doing things differently and break out of narrow habits.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17