Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon  (Read 31219 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #105
Also surprised by Smedts' omission. One of the few on our list with half decent disposal and decision making. 

Reply #106
Also surprised by Smedts' omission. One of the few on our list with half decent disposal and decision making.
Thats perhaps what we see, coach sees it different obviously. TW has obviously done something right and fits a need. Good on him and good luck. I have a feeling we wont be dissappointed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107

Smedts is likely seen as a non strategic player who is there purely to facilitate the development of others who are seen as the future. The primary focus is obviously on development for this year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #108
Didnt think Smedts was too bad last week actually :o :o
Nor I. I thought he was quite reasonable. Even Armfield, who has struggled this year, played an excellent 3rd quarter last week.
Smedts will be back pretty soon, I think.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #109
Thats perhaps what we see, coach sees it different obviously. TW has obviously done something right and fits a need. Good on him and good luck. I have a feeling we wont be dissappointed.

The Match Committee may have any number of reasons for selecting / dropping players. I wish Tom all the best. I've not seen him play, but the description on the CFC website say he's a defender / mid, with speed.

Reply #110
The Match Committee may have any number of reasons for selecting / dropping players. I wish Tom all the best. I've not seen him play, but the description on the CFC website say he's a defender / mid, with speed.

Agree.

Could be little niggles. Or pre-arranged games.

Smedts is a lot bit older than Williamson, but potentially is giving us less than what Kerridge would. Play a kid, but partner that with a more mature body.

Reply #111
What chance Palmer for Cripps??

Reply #112
So in this very round 10 years ago, Fev kicked 8 to seal a victory resulting in our greatest ever comeback. Will history repeat? I forken hope so.
Go Blues.

Sounds like a dream come true. Please don't wake me up :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #113
Charlie ain't looked like it yet, better extract the digit this week or back to the magoos you go buddy....intensity = 0

Reply #114
What chance Palmer for Cripps??

My guess - if at the last minute Crippa doesn't get up. Palmer will play.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #115
John ralph just tried to say we traded Tuohy for Smedts and we've already dropped Smedts.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #116
Selections are strange IMO...I would have kept Smedts in as he hasnt been too bad and can at least look after the ball, Palmer should have played and still might,  and while I like Williamson I thought we could have waited another week to introduce him into the team in what is an easier game vs GC.
Charlie Curnow is very lucky to have kept his spot in the team IMO and owes us a good game....

Reply #117
John ralph just tried to say we traded Tuohy for Smedts and we've already dropped Smedts.

I guess that ignorant comparison was always going to be made.....Smedts like I said is unlucky to be dropped....

Reply #118
Selections are strange IMO...I would have kept Smedts in as he hasnt been too bad and can at least look after the ball, Palmer should have played and still might,  and while I like Williamson I thought we could have waited another week to introduce him into the team in what is an easier game vs GC.
Charlie Curnow is very lucky to have kept his spot in the team IMO and owes us a good game....

All of the above.

Four first year players  plus 3 second year players .

Cheats by a huge margin.  >:(
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #119

All of the above.

Four first year players  plus 3 second year players .

Cheats by a huge margin.  >:(

not if there's 2 inches of rain!!

Blues by 16.
Finals, then 4 in a row!