Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : In Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 21373 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Round 3 : In Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Have fun.

Re: 2017 Round 3 : In Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #1
I am in Melb for the game , catching up with Amers happy to catch up if others are around as well PM me if you are around

Reply #2
I'll get in early.... Gees the cheats are getting a good run with the umpires.... Any chance of our mob getting a free or two?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
Gawd I hate the Scum with a vengeance >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #4
Nah they are blessed this year so I'm refusing to attend any CheatsFC games, home or away.

By the end of the season "Free Kick Hawthorn" will become "Premiership CheatsFC"

Until the fans of the other 17 clubs get serious and stay away from CheatsFC games, nothing will ever be put right. Bums on seats and TV ratings, or the lack of them is the only thing AFL will take notice of, it's that simple.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Nah they are blessed this year so I'm refusing to attend any CheatsFC games, home or away.

By the end of the season "Free Kick Hawthorn" will become "Premiership CheatsFC"

Until the fans of the other 17 clubs get serious and stay away from CheatsFC games, nothing will ever be put right. Bums on seats and TV ratings, or the lack of them is the only thing AFL will take notice of, it's that simple.
LP there are 2 many Cheats FC  lovers in the media ,the way they were treated when they played their first game back  you would thogh  they were coming back from combat.I see your point,but I will be there cheering on the boys like I always do   

Reply #6
I plan to watch this game on TV but I'm really really dreading the Ch 7 commentary. I don't which is worse, that or going along to a live Bummer game!  :(

I think a few beers (or more) will be well in order.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
A bunch of cheating BUNTS !!! 

Should have been booted out of the league  >:D
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #8
I plan to watch this game on TV but I'm really really dreading the Ch 7 commentary. I don't which is worse, that or going along to a live Bummer game!  :(

I think a few beers (or more) will be well in order.

I usually go with my son and some family friends who are Essendon supporters but will be giving this game a miss....no Cripps, probably No Rowe and the "G"
full of feral EFC supporters plus little hope of victory..
Think I will sit this one out and watch it on the TV too, need to clear the room though of anything that can be thrown in the direction of the TV.... ;)

Reply #9
Game thread...move the discussion into here and we'll lock up the pre game shortly after the bounce/throw up

Reply #10
Commentators on ABC radio talking about Palmer having a lot of potential to be a very good player, and that we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Reply #11
We have 1.

Reply #12
Samo, Cripps goal.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
We seem to be applying good forward pressure, and also providing multiple options for the man with ball in hand. Progress. 

Reply #14
Oh well, we were in front for 9 minutes
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time