Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon  (Read 30327 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #135
Charlie out with quad. Palmer in.
I was hoping Palmer was in. Now hope he brings the hardness and sneaky goals he's known for.

Go young Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #136
Charlie out with quad. Palmer in.
I was hoping Palmer was in. Now hope he brings the hardness and sneaky goals he's known for.

Go young Blues
Well to be honest, he has been a passenger for 2 weeks. I understand he is young and we must expose them to the big stage but surely Palmer will give us more today than CC has (or would have).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
Well to be honest, he has been a passenger for 2 weeks. I understand he is young and we must expose them to the big stage but surely Palmer will give us more today than CC has (or would have).

Agree. This may prove to be a good move.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #138
Agree GIC
Charlie has looked lacklustre in the first 2. No idea why of course, could be any number of issues. Although I prefer our youngsters get games, it must be tempered with what's in their best at that point. If it's health of body or mind, a rest seems appropriate. A stint in the two's might be what he needs as well.
Regardless, hope Palmer has a cracker and sneaks in a couple. More importantly, hope he keeps the baby Blues from the injectables... aka thugs ::)
Henry Ford.

Reply #139
Hey mods, can you unlock the in-game and post game threads please ?

Reply #140
@ Paul. Like your new jovial look.
Henry Ford.

Reply #141
Hey mods, can you unlock the in-game and post game threads please ?

The "in game" yep....
The post game...we'll do after it ends.... otherwise we'll have folks posting in all three all afternoon

Reply #142
The "in game" yep....
The post game...we'll do after it ends.... otherwise we'll have folks posting in all three all afternoon

Thanks Lods.

One advantage someone like Crash has is they can start these threads days in advance, and then he can lock it because he's a mod. Obviously, those of us in the "poor suffering slobs" category don't have this power.

Reply #143
@ Paul. Like your new jovial look.

Thanks LN. I'm in the middle of one of my regularly occurring identity crises, so I dare say it won't last long.

Reply #144
Thanks Lods.

One advantage someone like Crash has is they can start these threads days in advance, and then he can lock it because he's a mod. Obviously, those of us in the "poor suffering slobs" category don't have this power.

I'm not sure we shouldn't leave starting them until the actual event...I wouldn't have remembered to unlock the "in game" if you hadn't reminded me. As it is there's a lot of a preamble now in it days in advance.