Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 39424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #195
What I saw on the weekend was a backline that will make us a formidable side in the next few years.

I have not been this excited for a very long time!

When you see the potential in Marchbank, Plowman, Macreadie, Williamson, Docherty and maybe Weitering as a back six, you finally can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Silvagni is doing a great job so far with his list management. Let's hope it can continue and these kids keep developing!
x 1,000,000. Spot on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #196
Plowman's efficiency is becoming consistent as well as close to perfect. In fact the back six are building on what was a good 2016. Imagine, we've got young Byrne to come back mid season. That will be very interesting times for selectors.

Loving watching our journey unfold.

Go new Blues

Don't get carried away with disposal efficiency of backmen. Half of their disposals are switching the play under no pressure.
They almost always outdo midfielders, who are under more pressure with their disposals, and it shows in the %'s.
However, i'd take a few midfielders skills over backmen despite what the %'s say. ;)

Reply #197
Don't get carried away with disposal efficiency of backmen. Half of their disposals are switching the play under no pressure.
They almost always outdo midfielders, who are under more pressure with their disposals, and it shows in the %'s.
However, i'd take a few midfielders skills over backmen despite what the %'s say. ;)

Oh come on Kruddler... That there optimism bubble has been a long time in the making ^-^ .
94% in those conditions is good whichever way you slice it. Now let's see his teammates take up the challenge.....
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #198
Disposal efficiency may be impacted by the role of the player and defenders do have opportunities to dispose of the ball under little or no pressure.  Even Docherty, who turns the ball over quite often, rates in the mid to high 70s.  However, defenders are often forced to hack the ball out of danger and those kicks are 50-50 propositions.

94% is outstanding efficiency on a dry day and in any position.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball