Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 38593 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond

Let's hope we have a real party and not a wake.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
Lets’s Go!

Reply #2
We had enough of the ball, just didn't couldn't get it inside 50 anywhere near enough. And 49 tackles - we couldn't really get our hands on them.

Still, 16th playing the premiers - that's much better than I was expecting.

Reply #3
Broken tackles killed us
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
look, it was encouraging, better than last year, steps in the right direction....

but tonight, we had better treatment from the umps, they missed alot,
a few players got found out, young list, early days, next match will tell

Reply #5
And we lost Kennedy early. What's the latest on his injury?

ps didn't see much of the game at all....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
And we lost Kennedy early. What's the latest on his injury?

ps didn't see much of the game at all....

Ankle, possibly good for next week.

Reply #7
Let's not forget the Tigers final series last year, the GF, plus the recent JLT series. A fair effort from us to be that close against clearly superior opposition.

Reply #8
Losing players to rotate was always going to make the last quarter hard.

Not bad effort, and we managed to score but a few passengers too many. Felt our back line was too tall which is hard against Richmond that have pace and pressure. Our half back ball movement is missing docherty already.

Still, a lot to like and we will win games this year as we move the ball quicker
 Casboult's days are numbered, but not sure if McKay can be much of a replacement for a ruck chop out.

Umpiring was the usual mess of too many cooks.

Reply #9
So, all in all, with one man down for most of the game and Kreuzer nobbled for a big chunk.....pretty brave effort?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Watching the game on delay on Foxtel, recording finished with 5 minutes to go.
We looked much better at times but we blew a 29 point head start and got done by 26. Some of our blokes looked pretty bad. Unfortunately the good ones weren't able to carry them.
Poor Dow. What a game/night to make your debut.
If we lose Kreuzer we might as well pack up. Sorry Jm, you were trying to pump Levi's tyres in the in game thread but he wasn't up to it, at all. I guess not really his fault thrown in to the ruck full time, but really, he was worse when playing forward.
I hope we get better during the season. We could have lost by a hundred if they kicked straight.
BTW the AFL have seriously jumped the shark with regards to rules. Those 50m frees tonight were a tad embarrassing.

Reply #11
So, all in all, with one man down for most of the game and Kreuzer nobbled for a big chunk.....pretty brave effort?

Yep. We did ok against a much stronger team and pretty much did not fall in a heap. Could not have expected much more imo. We played some lovely flowing footy early in the game and we'll definitely get better as the year goes on.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Broken tackles killed us

Yep, that is one thing that hasn't improved at all.

No good looking like a giant if your tackles are more like ballerina hugs.

Too many players rolling the dice leaving Nthmond players wide open in the midfield and out wide.

Great to see Simmo and Marchbank attack down the field, but when they fork up hitting the target blokes like Jones, Weitering and Plowman are left standing two or three players and our guys have rolled the dice and lost.

AFL report Simmo at 85% effective for 35 disposals, but fork me a lot of his kicks went just out of reach so many times. He's great at winning the contested footy, but we've gotta stop him being the one kicking.

Byrne, headless chook running, he'll have some of the highest metres for the game, yet hardly touched it.

We had so much first touch, but failed to pick up the pill cleanly, that's basically cost us tonight.

Dow not so clean, SPS looked good one minute, bad the next. Both followed Nthmond players through the midfield. Dow has no idea how to tag, why the feck play him as a tagger?

Eye-opener for Garlett, Mullett and Kennedy, they'll be wondering how the feck can we be tackled before we take possession and get pinged holding, while Nthmond get trapped with the pill slung 720° and it's play on!

SoJ had no form and shouldn't hold his spot.

I feel so dirty and cheated, I pumped up Levi after JLT and he went right back to his bad old best. He's petrified up against blokes like Nankervis.

But our main problem, disposal, missing too many targets by hand and foot, then not enough midfield pace to get back and fix the mistakes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
I gather Weitering had a complete shocker?

Needs to find form in the 2s?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
We were fiercely competitive for 3 1/2 q. Faded in the last 15. Inevitably. I was wrapped with our new look game style. Given our injuries that was a top effort IMO
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.