Skip to main content
Topic: Ashes 2019 (Read 55956 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ashes 2019

Reply #135
How much longer must we have to tolerate Khawaja.

Labuschagne ... great knock.  Root, you're a lying cheat

Pretty much sums my feeling up exactly cap.......assuming that Smith plays, one of those top 3 has to go.  Marnus showed the grit that has been sadly lacking from the 3 amigos at the top there.

Oh.....and can we all booo Root now that he's a cheat as well ?

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #136
I'd like to see the Aussie fans scream "Howzat" every time Root fields a bump or ground ball!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
Disgraceful from Root and the umpires!

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #139
fingers underneath the ball my butt.

Anyone who has played any cricket knows that was a grounded ball....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #140
The Lord's grass is cut so short it's like loop pile carpet, the grass is dense and isn't even long enough to stick up between the players fingers! It's like playing on a billiard table.

btw.; I spent most of my time when I wasn't bowling fielding at 1st slip, you always know as you can tell from the way the ball feels as it impacts your fingers if it was before or after the bounce for the obvious reason it's either falling or rising. A near catch or near miss is not a subtle difference as a catch jams your fingers into the ground while a miss runs the ball up into your palm with hardly any force on your fingertips!

Root is Rooted!

I forgive a guy who are occasional slips fieldsmen, but not a professional cricketer who spends all day in the field standing in the slips!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #141
Pretty much sums my feeling up exactly cap.......assuming that Smith plays, one of those top 3 has to go.  Marnus showed the grit that has been sadly lacking from the 3 amigos at the top there.

Oh.....and can we all booo Root now that he's a cheat as well ?

Possible they could open with Harris and Khawaja batting Labuschagne at 3. Bancroft's technique has been worked out and Warner is having an all-time shocker. Warner may get another Test as he is liable to come good but he wouldn't want to fail again. Pattinson will came back in, i'd say for Siddle, who hasn't done alot wrong just that the others are better.

Reply #142
Imagine how much we would celebrate Archer if he played for the Aussies.  Read that he bowled an over with only one ball under 150 ks.   Thats seriously quick and scary!

Reply #143
Cummins will be rested for the next test I reckon. Batting lineup will stay the same

Reply #144
Cummins will be rested for the next test I reckon. Batting lineup will stay the same

No chance Cummins will be rested unless injured.
If we lost that test, after resting Cummins, Justin Langer could pack his bags.

Warner needs to be dropped.
Khawaja and Bancroft also will be looked at.
Let’s be honest, Langer needs to stop playing favourites.

Reply #145
Dropping catches and not making runs  equals a bloke who is horribly out of form... And reflexes might be going.

Warner is close to cooked.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #146
Dropping catches and not making runs  equals a bloke who is horribly out of form... And reflexes might be going.

Warner is close to cooked.
I am quite surprised after his excellent 1 day form. However, his batting form has dropped away significantly. And dropping catches is very unlike Warner. I'd say he is lacking confidence. What to do about it is another question, but if either his batting or fielding clicks, he could well be back in form very quickly.

Bancroft and Khawaja are probably in worse knick, but they do not get the attention that Warner has. Confidence is a very slippery thing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #147
Possible they could open with Harris and Khawaja batting Labuschagne at 3. Bancroft's technique has been worked out and Warner is having an all-time shocker. Warner may get another Test as he is liable to come good but he wouldn't want to fail again. Pattinson will came back in, i'd say for Siddle, who hasn't done alot wrong just that the others are better.

Bancroft doesnt have a technique, falls across the crease and plays around his pad, not sure about Labuschange at 3, got a bit lucky and played and missed a lot, prefer him at 4 or 5.
I think Head is technically better than most and has a cool head(pardon the pun ) under pressure and could play 3, Warner has to play as he might come good like you say.
Be Harris in for Bancroft and Marnus for Smith...dont want Mitch Marsh at this stage. Khawaja didnt want to get in behind Archer at all and isnt No 3 material, plus he is a very average fielder IMO.
I'd play him at 4 only because we dont have much else, agree on Pattinson....Siddle bowled ok when the pitch was doing something but as soon as it got flat Stokes took him apart and treated him
like he was bowling a tennis ball. Temptation is to play Starc given Archer is so much quicker than our bowlers and scaring our blokes but I'd be going the consistent types and play Cummins, Hazlewood
and Pattinson. Archer will break down IMO as Root will over bowl him, they are probably pouring water and manure all over the Leeds pitch as we speak trying to make it grassy and quicker...
Hopefully the umpiring will be better and the suedo bodyline stuff controlled in this test....someone will get badly hurt if they dont. They also need to do something about the helmets and add protection around the lower head/neck area, that blow to Smith could have been another Phil Hughes tragedy.

Reply #148
Imagine how much we would celebrate Archer if he played for the Aussies.  Read that he bowled an over with only one ball under 150 ks.   Thats seriously quick and scary!

Absolutely!

The intimidation factor is now with the Poms and I think that means that Starc will play in the next test.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #149
Absolutely!

The intimidation factor is now with the Poms and I think that means that Starc will play in the next test.

Bit more than intimidation IMO, he is bowling to hit blokes and then waiting at the top of his mark laughing as they lay on the ground.....its got out of hand.
We probably started it with Cummins doing some enforcing but Root has taken it to a new level with Archer and he is delighting in opposing players getting hurt and to me its
not exciting but dangerous.