Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 45149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #90
Just had a look at that "mark" of Yarran's again.
Quite apart from whether it was a mark or not....... (as Mick pointed out in the presser Brown took his legs), the action of Brown in grabbing his legs in mid-air was reckless and dangerous...and should have been at least a free kick.
Yarran could have been seriously hurt.

It was both a free kick AND a mark. He controlled the ball all the way to the ground, where the impact knocked the ball out. Same logic applied to the Robinson diving mark. Controlled it to the ground, where the impact knocked it out.

Marks every day of the year, except when there is a navy blue jumper playing brisbane on a saturday evening.
I saw this incident on the TV at the gym this morning. I would have paid a free, but I am a Blue.
To be honest, Yazz should have held the bl**dy thing. Any number of times this year we have got our hands to the ball and not been paid. If we actually held the damn thing, it takes the idiots in white / green/ whatever out of the equation. Yazz holds that mark and we have a chance at Victory.

Then again, they may have kicked 4 goals in the last quarter, but I'm sure we had 3 shots after their last goal and managed none of them. Our kicking for goal is excremental. And not just from one or 2 players. Even our ex captain has become an ordinary kick at goal. We REALLY need to address this.

Basically, when it comes time to stand up, we can't seem to manage it. Yazz has been one of the worst offenders in recent times, but he has plenty of mates. I am not sure what to do to fix it either, but we just don't handle pressure well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #91
@Crash...
He did hold it.

All the way to the ground.

When you take a mark, you bring it to ground. When you take a mark 8 feet off the air, and hold it all the way to the ground, that is a mark.

The NFL has a rule, 'the ground cannot cause a fumble', i think it should be a rule here so there is no grey area.

Reply #92
Bit harsh on Yazz Crash if you're mid air and someone swipes your legs you're entitled to try and prepare for the hit on the ground. Unfortunately the ball spilled out.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #93
Bit harsh on Yazz Crash if you're mid air and someone swipes your legs you're entitled to try and prepare for the hit on the ground. Unfortunately the ball spilled out.

That Yarran decision has be playing on my mind since it happened

It was either a mark or a free kick.... but the umpire called play on.

Really makes me feel that there was some kind of umpiring agenda last night to keep Brisbane semi relevant - but that is just the raging Conspiracy theorist in me.

Reply #94

Really makes me feel that there was some kind of umpiring agenda last night to keep Brisbane semi relevant - but that is just the raging Conspiracy theorist in me.

Should we be in a position where umpiring can cost us a game against the bottom side?

Reply #95

Should we be in a position where umpiring can cost us a game against the bottom side?

A very fair question IOT.  We should have been 5 or 6 goals up at that point.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #96
I just hope Malthouse has made the decision that this group of players have embarrassed this club for the last time.

I really don't care who gets traded or delisted at seasons end. All I am sure of is that there needs to be major changes made to the list.

I am sick of this group of players and people should cease making excuses for them. No more excuses, it's time for action.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #97
Normally, when a player is in the middle of a contract negotiation they play out of their backside to try and get the maximum pay increase they can.

Bryce Gibbs had 9 kicks, 9 handballs & 3 marks last night and I cannot remember one of them.

Am I the only one who didn't even think he played last night ??

Furthermore, I wouldn't be re-signing him now either, Free Agency at the end of the year IMO - goddam expensive passenger.  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #98
Normally, when a player is in the middle of a contract negotiation they play out of their backside to try and get the maximum pay increase they can.

Bryce Gibbs had 9 kicks, 9 handballs & 3 marks last night and I cannot remember one of them.

Am I the only one who didn't even think he played last night ??

Furthermore, I wouldn't be re-signing him now either, Free Agency at the end of the year IMO - goddam expensive passenger.

He was supposedly signing by this weekend ????

Reply #99
I just hope Malthouse has made the decision that this group of players have embarrassed this club for the last time.

I really don't care who gets traded or delisted at seasons end. All I am sure of is that there needs to be major changes made to the list.

I am sick of this group of players and people should cease making excuses for them. No more excuses, it's time for action.

Thank you, SpannerMan. Thank you.

To me last night's loss, as I have already said, was the worst under MMs tenure. Losing to the bottom side is beyond explanation or excuse. That loss had nothing to do with the weather, running out of legs, individual stuff-ups or umpiring - that is little stuff. That loss came down to culture/leadership and f*ck all else. The severe and embarrassing lack of culture & leadership. Big stuff like discipline, leadership, mongrel, accountability & effective aggott use seem to elude this group, consistently. We show glimpses of bona fide dominance - but so does just about every other f*cking club from time to time. Means f*ck all to be spasmodically brilliant. Ws & Ls is what it is about and what it takes to achieve that - with ruthless consistency and ruthless persistence.

I think MM now knows this which is why his media conference amounted to zero information.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #100

Thank you, SpannerMan. Thank you.

To me last night's loss, as I have already said, was the worst under MMs tenure. Losing to the bottom side is beyond explanation or excuse. That loss had nothing to do with the weather, running out of legs, individual stuff-ups or umpiring - that is little stuff. That loss came down to culture/leadership and f*ck all else. The severe and embarrassing lack of culture & leadership. Big stuff like discipline, leadership, mongrel, accountability & effective aggott use seem to elude this group, consistently. We show glimpses of bona fide dominance - but so does just about every other f*cking club from time to time. Means f*ck all to be spasmodically brilliant. Ws & Ls is what it is about and what it takes to achieve that - with ruthless consistency and ruthless persistence.

I think MM now knows this which is why his media conference amounted to zero information.

As I mentioned previously though Baggers the problem we have is...... some our most inconsistent in terms of attitude are our most talented and some of our less talented or younger group (Buckley etc) are the ones that put in.
So who do you cull?
Naturally you keep the youth... but where do you go from there

Reply #101
Three goals up well into the last quarter against the bottom side, that's the reality folks.
A shocking performance.

From quarter time to that point in time, we had out scored Brisbane by 44 points. Makes those last 4 goals hard to take.

Reply #102
Didn't see the game just the highlights. I personally would like to come to the defense of both Waite and Yarran. Both incidents hardly warranted a free kick let alone a 50. Seriously lets get a grip. Isn't there that staging report still going around. The one Waite got a reprimand for? Honestly if he gets cited for that how does Rockliff not even get mentioned in the same context. Not a smart thing to do by Waite but to basically orchestrate the change in the lead, and possibly the result of a game, that tight is just plain criminal. Jeez Hawthorn and Geelong give plenty of treatment like this out and hardly ever get penalised.
Still we were crape and we are a crap club going nowhere.
Bring on the next purge.
Message to the club. Please, please, please if your looking at someone to draft if they can't kick, can't run and can't put their body on the line then they can't play at the CFC.

Reply #103

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #104
Didn't see the game just the highlights. I personally would like to come to the defense of both Waite and Yarran. Both incidents hardly warranted a free kick let alone a 50.

If Waite and Yarran gave away frees Rockliff should be suspended for eight weeks, but he didn't even give away a free from right in front of the umpire!
The Force Awakens!