Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 45139 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #105
I just hope Malthouse has made the decision that this group of players have embarrassed this club for the last time.

I really don't care who gets traded or delisted at seasons end. All I am sure of is that there needs to be major changes made to the list.

I am sick of this group of players and people should cease making excuses for them. No more excuses, it's time for action.

Thank you, SpannerMan. Thank you.

To me last night's loss, as I have already said, was the worst under MMs tenure. Losing to the bottom side is beyond explanation or excuse. That loss had nothing to do with the weather, running out of legs, individual stuff-ups or umpiring - that is little stuff. That loss came down to culture/leadership and f*ck all else. The severe and embarrassing lack of culture & leadership. Big stuff like discipline, leadership, mongrel, accountability & effective aggott use seem to elude this group, consistently. We show glimpses of bona fide dominance - but so does just about every other f*cking club from time to time. Means f*ck all to be spasmodically brilliant. Ws & Ls is what it is about and what it takes to achieve that - with ruthless consistency and ruthless persistence.

I think MM now knows this which is why his media conference amounted to zero information.

As I mentioned previously though Baggers the problem we have is...... some our most inconsistent in terms of attitude are our most talented and some of our less talented or younger group (Buckley etc) are the ones that put in.
So who do you cull?
Naturally you keep the youth... but where do you go from there

Absolutely Principal LODS, absolutely. And this is what has me believing (maybe hoping) that MM is aware of this hence the calibre of blokes we recruited last year - a complete departure. Doc, Andre and even early indicators suggest Cripps, show that we are addressing our between the ears/sustained leadership weaknesses. PLUS... too many of our senior blokes went through those confidence sapping/undermining years and the scars remain! And that's your Murphys', Waites', Gibbs'... only Simmo seems to have emerged from that era 'intact'... maybe also Carrazzo. Sadly, from our older leaders some of our younger blokes seem to have caught the 'self-doubt/inconsistent/low-self esteem' bug from the experienced blokes - eg Yazz, Robbo, Menzel (where does he go for 2 quarters each game!!! When not wearing the vest), Jeffy, Meat, Zackary... for whatever reason, we sure do have too many blokes who just can't sustain. Introversion, to me, is only part of the problem.

So what do you do? Fortunately some will likely retire real soon and we will be forced to fill the breaches younger, mentally tougher, unscarred blokes. Have to be another strong cull at year's end. We might have to trade a Yazz or Gibbs for their good and our own. Either of those two would likely flourish in a highly successful environment. Just thoughts.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #106
Why isn't Graham getting a game? Why wasn't he picked against Brisbane? He racks up possession in the VFL every week. I don't understand how David Ellard and Carrots get's a game and Graham misses out. What am I not seeing??

if guys like graham are not getting games, that means they're crape
Cant get a game in this line up - theres not much hope for you (except Richmond)

Reply #107
Interesting parallel. Hawthorn get challenged by the 2nd bottom team today and manage to scrape through by 7 points. Highlights the difference between top team and also-rans.

Reply #108
Interesting parallel. Hawthorn get challenged by the 2nd bottom team today and manage to scrape through by 7 points. Highlights the difference between top team and also-rans.

Yeah, mind blowing result. We are not as good as hawthorn!

Reply #109
Why isn't Graham getting a game? Why wasn't he picked against Brisbane? He racks up possession in the VFL every week. I don't understand how David Ellard and Carrots get's a game and Graham misses out. What am I not seeing??

if guys like graham are not getting games, that means they're crape
Cant get a game in this line up - theres not much hope for you (except Richmond)

Or Sydney. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #110

Yeah, well we're not even as good as Hawthorn missing Lake, Gibson, Mitchell, McEvoy, Rioli and Whitecross, but that wasn't my point. It was more about when they get challenged they respond and I expect them to win. When we get challenged we fold and that I also expect which is a sad indictment on our club.

Reply #111
I just hope Malthouse has made the decision that this group of players have embarrassed this club for the last time.

I really don't care who gets traded or delisted at seasons end. All I am sure of is that there needs to be major changes made to the list.

I am sick of this group of players and people should cease making excuses for them. No more excuses, it's time for action.

It gets that way doesn't it?
After dragging our sorry arses to games from 2002 to 2007 when a 4 goal loss felt like a win and we cheered the boys off, the days when we were a laughing stock and broke, when all you copped was ridicule but you still didn't miss a game because when your team is at it's lowest is when they need you the most.
And now here we are, in June 2014, and we're still a laughing stock.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #112
It is a horrible day when you could have been 5-5 and lose to the bottom side in the comp. Then look forward to what could be 4-8 in two games time. Lucky the next draft has key position players to pick from. I didn't think the umpires helped us much against Brisbane, but we really did not look that good at any stage of the game. Not looking forward to the next 2 games.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #113
Landed back from overseas yesterday, and this is the welcome home I get. What a disastrous result. I am outraged. Livid!

How many more games, seasons, eras will we have to endure such passionless efforts? What has changed in the last 10-12 years? 3 different coaches. Several early draft picks. Plodders aplenty. Poor culture, low morale and individuality has set in like a rot. This has been accepted as the norm, and nothing has been established to challenge the status quo. This appears the afflict the board, the playing list, and even down to the maintenance department.

The patient is dead. Time for the autopsy.

Reply #114
Landed back from overseas yesterday, and this is the welcome home I get. What a disastrous result. I am outraged. Livid!

How many more games, seasons, eras will we have to endure such passionless efforts? What has changed in the last 10-12 years? 3 different coaches. Several early draft picks. Plodders aplenty. Poor culture, low morale and individuality has set in like a rot. This has been accepted as the norm, and nothing has been established to challenge the status quo. This appears the afflict the board, the playing list, and even down to the maintenance department.

Surely you jest?

Reply #115

Bombers win Carlton lose and LLP is back.

Haha.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #116

Yeah, well we're not even as good as Hawthorn missing Lake, Gibson, Mitchell, McEvoy, Rioli and Whitecross, but that wasn't my point. It was more about when they get challenged they respond and I expect them to win. When we get challenged we fold and that I also expect which is a sad indictment on our club.

This.

I expected us to go on with it after we got up by 18, but the difference between us and Brisbane was apparent almost instantly.  They responded to the challenge of being down and went up a notch.  We thought we have finally stitched up the win, and switched off.  The result was that they got within scoring range easily and were able to get across the line.  Umpires or not. 

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #117
So whose job is it to make sure the players are switched on for four quarters?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #118
@PassIt2Carrrots

I would expect that senior players of 50+ games experience would have a better game sense than to let a game slip from their grasp.  We were 18 points up with 12 minutes to go in the final quarter.  The senior coach cant call a timeout and address the troops.

The real question is, who told them to "switch off"?

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #119
@PassIt2Carrrots

I would expect that senior players of 50+ games experience would have a better game sense than to let a game slip from their grasp.  We were 18 points up with 12 minutes to go in the final quarter.  The senior coach cant call a timeout and address the troops.

The real question is, who told them to "switch off"?

So what is the role of senior coach? May as well have humpty dumpty in charge it seems the coach holds no responsibility at all.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!