Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Medal Voting: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 8030 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Medal Voting: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #15
Team:   A
I have to give the lads an "A" this week. After the disaster in Sydney and a horrible week in the spotlight, to come out and really pants a team that considered themselves a serious finals' contender was a beacon for future prosperity.

Votes:
Not an easy task as so many players made a contribution. However, we really had a lot less stats than most weeks: we must have been highly efficient because even out best had relatively little of the ball.

[3]   Simpson
[2]   Waite
[2]   Gibbs
[1.5]   Henderson
[1.5]   Rowe
[1]   Judd
[1]   Yarran
[1]   Curnow
[0.5]   Tuohy
[0.5]   Jamison
[0.5]   Murphy
[0.5]   Wood

Explanations:
[3]   Simpson:   4 quarters of what may be Simmo's best game of the year. His marking was excellent and his ability to shut down his man and provide huge drive was pivotal in the result.
[2]   Waite:   Where has this form been? We really saw Waite WANT to play and it was great. His marking was excellent and his decision making what we have always wanted it to be.
[2]   Gibbs:   In any 'normal' week, Bryce's efforts in the middle would give him BOG status. However, it was not a 'normal' week. Bryce's attack on the ball and desire was what I've always wanted to see from him. And then there were those magnificent snaps for goal!
[1.5]   Henderson:   Hendo has been slowly gaining form for a few weeks now. This time he put it all together and the delivery to him was much improved. Result? A top forward's effort.
[1.5]   Rowe:   Showed just how much he has improved by keeping his opponents totally out of the game.
[1]   Judd:   Deserved more votes, but there are only so many to go around this week. Considering that we won such a low percentage of the taps, Juddy really showed that he can still produce like the best of them.
[1]   Yarran:   Periods both back and forward from Yazz were scintillating. His run and carry was excellent.
[1]   Curnow:   Had a relatively quiet game possession wise, but stuck to his task very well and really kept his opponents quiet.
[0.5]   Tuohy:   If Thomas had not got 4goals, I would have given Tuohy a lot more votes. He kept Thomas to 9 possessions for the night, when he usually gets about 30 against us. Thomas actually beat Tuohy once for the whole night, when he took a big mark. However, Tuohy should have got 4 or 5 frees for the ones he didn't take and didn't get within Cooee of the ball. Zac can put his hands out for pay this week with no qualms at all.
[0.5]   Jamison:   The leader of the backline had a pretty good night and helped keeping the tall forwards in starvation corner.
[0.5]   Murphy:   Didn't always appear as influential as he actually was. A lot of the ball and not many errors. he also had his man dragged and replaced. he can also be happy with his game this week.
[0.5]   Wood:   I don't usually give votes to guys who get thrashed in one major aspect of their role, but I was impressed by Wood's effect and he deserves a reward. He took 7 really good marks, especially in the packs and in defence, he moved well and competed well.  Yes, he got pounded in the tap outs, and he REALLY needs to work on that if he is to have a future, but he also kept Goldstein quiet around the ground while taking his own telling marks.

Honourable Mentions:
White:   Quiet by the this season's standard, he kept his man out of the play and made some good decisions.
Docherty:   Not quite vote worthy, but solid.
Robinson:   His report slowed him down for a while, but Robbo was another very solid citizen who had a good night.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
team A

Rowe 3
Henderson 3
Waite 2
Simpson 2
Gibbs 2
Murphy 1
Yarran 1
Judd 1

Fixed it.  Sorry guys, I rushed it and didn't add it up properly.
In case you miss the edited post.  Sorry guys.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
A

5 Waite
3 Henderson
3 Gibbs
2 Rowe
2 Simpson
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
 B+

4.Simpson
4.Waite
3.Gibbs
2.Rowe
1.Henderson
1.Wood

Reply #19
Team B+

5 - Henderson
4 - Waite
3 - Rowe
2 - Gibbs
1 - Murphy
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #20
Team - A-

5 - Waite
4 - Gibbs
3 - Henderson
2 - Rowe
1 - Simpson

Reply #21
Team . A

3 . Simpson
3 . Waite
2 . Judd
2 . Henderson
2 . Murphy
2 . Gibbs
1 . Rowe
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #22
Team: B+

5 - Waite
4 - Henderson
3 - Gibbs
2 - Rowe
1 - Simpson

Reply #23
Team: A-

Rowe: 4
Hendo: 3
Murph: 3
Gibbs: 2
Waite: 2
Judd: 1
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #24
Team A

3: Gibbs
3: Simpson
2: Waite
2: Yarran
2: Henderson
1: Rowe
1: Murphy
1: Wood

HM: Rest  of team except  Daisy....