Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock) (Read 52374 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock)

Reply #15
Best run we have had with the umpires for freakin' years but I'll take it - we were the better side.  Pity we make things hard for ourselves with woeful kicking.

Played 3-1/2 quarters and 20 contributers...  that's what I liked the best.

Sam Rowe, the only goal he got was a non-existent free... the trainers should have run him out a towel because you gave Petrie a freakin' bath.  And you all thought I was joking in the pre-game.

Bryce, I have called you some terrible things over the years.  I apologise unreservedly, welcome back.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
Haven't seen the game yet but heard the last Q on the car radio. Great win, will watch the replay tomorrow. What was that about tanking?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Great moral boosting win for the club and supporters!

Waite, Casboult, Henderson. I reckon most clubs would kill for a key position trio like that! Thought Waite was enormous tonight. A real matchwinner. Amazing he's been playing reserves football.

Nicky Graham come on down! That bit of play with the shepherd and goal was enormous. Very tidy disposal and more importantly beautiful technique.  His nine iron in traffic to put us in space for the sealing goal in the last quarter was elite! I can't remember who it was that said he has poor disposal but it's off to OPSM for them! :P Really been a waste for him this year, must play every week from now on.

Cam Wood was a huge upgrade on Kreuzer/Warnock/Hampson. Felt weird to have a real ruckman out there for once!

Problem being that was the good Waite tonight...chasing, marking well, converting, not being dumb.....can he do it next week and the week after?

Lachie Hansen is putrid as a defender and Firrito and McMahon are not much better.....how they beat the top teams is beyond me...

Reply #18
Wood is an improvement on Warnock but Goldstein beat him easily in the ruck.
Good effort by the boys, Gibbs and Murph set the standard from the first bounce.

Tapouts were 49-33 Norths way. Don't know the breakdown though re: Wood/Casboult, Goldstein/whoever their other ruck is, but Wood smashed Goldstein around the ground.

Reply #19
I'm really happy we have re-signed Bryce Gibbs :D

Reply #21
Wood is an improvement on Warnock but Goldstein beat him easily in the ruck.
Good effort by the boys, Gibbs and Murph set the standard from the first bounce.

Tapouts were 49-33 Norths way. Don't know the breakdown though re: Wood/Casboult, Goldstein/whoever their other ruck is, but Wood smashed Goldstein around the ground.

Tap outs to advantage were clearly in Goldstein's favour as I saw it, but that's no disgrace for Wood because Goldstein is a very good ruckman who would have monstered Warnock.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #22
Bit of a downer if Menzels knee is gone again. :( :(

Reply #23

Waite, Casboult, Henderson. I reckon most clubs would kill for a key position trio like that! Thought Waite was enormous tonight. A real matchwinner. Amazing he's been playing reserves football.

Nicky Graham come on down! That bit of play with the shepherd and goal was enormous. Very tidy disposal and more importantly beautiful technique.  His nine iron in traffic to put us in space for the sealing goal in the last quarter was elite! I can't remember who it was that said he has poor disposal but it's off to OPSM for them! :P Really been a waste for him this year, must play every week from now on.

Cam Wood was a huge upgrade on Kreuzer/Warnock/Hampson. Felt weird to have a real ruckman out there for once!

Problem being that was the good Waite tonight...chasing, marking well, converting, not being dumb.....can he do it next week and the week after?

Lachie Hansen is putrid as a defender and Firrito and McMahon are not much better.....how they beat the top teams is beyond me...

The thing is, at his best, he is just about our best player when going. Take away the dumb sh1t, brain fades, consistency at times, and the general frustration etc etc  etc etc.....he has been a damn good player for us.

Reply #24
North Melbourne are frauds !!

And tonight just showed that both teams are miles away from the top 4 in the competition.

Cameron Wood, well done fella, took the opportunity with open arms and has resigned Warnock to the Trade Table for once and for all. Thank god for that !!

Graham was brought on in place of Everitt due to injury and played 3/4 of the game. Kicked a nice goal and did okay but he still has some way to go before he is where we really want him to be. More senior game time will assist in that.

Six goals to Henderson (4 in the last) was terrific and McLean pulling out giving Waite a game was a noble gesture by Brock.  ;D

I thought Graham was excellent.  Used the pill very well and stood in the right spots.  Even tackled well.  Cameron Wood 100 times better than 206.
Sheiky being a bit harsh on Graham...poor bloke got a hell of a shock getting on the ground in the first, not just 20 minutes in the last...took him a while to adjust... did some nice things I reckon ;)

Reply #26
I'm really happy we have re-signed Bryce Gibbs :D

He's always been very good but this season he's making the step up to the A grade, Yarran will be there as well before too long.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #27
Like I said in the pre-match, their defence is tripe. And slow.   Firrito spent the night trying to rough up Ellard (what a freakin' her, 30 kg heavier) and the brainless Hansen played tonight.  Pity Henderson didn't kick 10, he should have.

Did you see the constant cribbing the mark to improve angles (especially the centre option) and the other grey area trick norf use... the use of the kicker's protected zone as a shield for an easy layoff from a mark or free?  Norf use a lot of set plays are we seemed wise them for once- well done Mick.

You all laughed but Petrie's lack of mobility was on show tonight... great mark and very strong but they are one short if he doesn't mark it.  Thomas worried me more and he kicked his usual .

Ziebell is a glorified version of Robbo... gees he burns the ball at critical times, just like Robbo.  Some good, some really bad.

Reply #28

The thing is, at his best, he is just about our best player when going. Take away the dumb sh1t, brain fades, consistency at times, and the general frustration etc etc  etc etc.....he has been a damn good player for us.

Agree - his self control in terms in free kicks etc. is wanting, but he's a smart footballer and talented to boot. Without all those injuries, he could've been anything.

Reply #29
Best wishes to Troy, was a very awkward looking incident, hope his sprigs gave and protected his knee, groin  and ankle.