Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock) (Read 52366 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock)

Reply #30
The dropped mark by Robbo, IS Robbo. Yes, he goes in, and gives his all, but I can't remember the last time he took a contested mark, let alone alone an uncontested one that he should have taken like tonights.

Reply #31
Wood is an improvement on Warnock but Goldstein beat him easily in the ruck.
Good effort by the boys, Gibbs and Murph set the standard from the first bounce.

Tapouts were 49-33 Norths way. Don't know the breakdown though re: Wood/Casboult, Goldstein/whoever their other ruck is, but Wood smashed Goldstein around the ground.

Tap outs to advantage were clearly in Goldstein's favour as I saw it, but that's no disgrace for Wood because Goldstein is a very good ruckman who would have monstered Warnock.

Not sure of the advantage taps breakdown. We ended up winning the clearances though. Warnock height wins him a heap of taps but the opposition know that too and rove to him. Also Wood creates alot more space for the mids with his body. For that reason our mids probably appreciate having Wood in the ruck more than Warnock. Wood also smashed Goldstein around the ground. I prefer than to the extra tapouts, especially if we win the clearances anyway..

Reply #32
Sakc Malthouse.

Amidoingitrite?

Reply #33
Robbo's grunt and third man in at the ruck was important tonight I thought, although he didn't get a lot of possies.  Flew the flag and tackled well, especially early.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
The dropped mark by Robbo, IS Robbo. Yes, he goes in, and gives his all, but I can't remember the last time he took a contested mark, let alone alone an uncontested one that he should have taken like tonights.
Sorry, I was agreeing with the last sentence of Professor E's post

Reply #35
Wood's marks were gold.  There were some strong contested grabs amongst them too.  Protects the mids at the drop of the ball as well.  Yep, he's a keeper.

Reply #36

You must be talking about another Robbo .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #37
I watch performances like tonight and 2014 feels such a waste.

Reply #38
Everitt & Menzel both have done a knee, not good at all !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #39
BigNic, I'm over the love for Ziebell from Bwuce and his mates.  I just don't see it.  Yeshe goes in hard but a bit too indiscriminantly for my liking and his ball use leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

We've got our own version in Robbo and I'm not sure if Robbo is guaranteed of being in our best 22 all the time... his good is, but there is a fair bit of bad.  Funnily enough I thought his games prior to his last suspension were his best for some time.

Reply #40
Not definite but not looking good.

Reply #41
Everitt & Menzel both have done a knee, not good at all !!

Everitt's a medial so he'll be out probably for the year if that's the case. He'll be ok for the pre-season though. Menzel's more of a worry, especially with a Lars. Hope for the best but not sure. If it's the worst case I'd go for a traditional reco this time.

Reply #42
Norf and the Tiges are frauds and I'm convinced they'll be frauds next year.

What remains to be seen is, will we be frauds as well in 2015.?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43
Problem being that was the good Waite tonight...chasing, marking well, converting, not being dumb.....can he do it next week and the week after?

Exactly right !!

We've seen this so many times before, Waite is out for a while and comes in first-up and plays a blinder. He then turns to his lunatic self the second week and undoes all of the good will he built up the week before.

He is going to play some good games in the run home to the end of the season too, he is out of contract at the end of the season so he will want to either get Carlton to re-sign him or stoke up some interest from the opposition clubs.

For mine, great to see him play well tonight but I'm not fooled and I hope the club aren't either, this has to be his last season at the Princes Park.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #44
This was a ridiculous result tonight.....