Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock) (Read 52479 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock)

Reply #45
BigNic, I'm over the love for Ziebell from Bwuce and his mates.  I just don't see it.  Yeshe goes in hard but a bit too indiscriminantly for my liking and his ball use leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

We've got our own version in Robbo and I'm not sure if Robbo is guaranteed of being in our best 22 all the time... his good is, but there is a fair bit of bad.  Funnily enough I thought his games prior to his last suspension were his best for some time.

If North came to us and offered Ziebell as a straight swap for Robinson, we'd couldn't say 'yes' quick enough.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #46
Casboult has received a lot of press about his "hands" but, gee whizz, Waite surely has to have the best mitts going around. He's almost up there in Swan McKay territory.

Gibbsy (as opposed to that cr@p layabout, Gibbs) was awesome in the middle and those 2 clutch goals were probably the difference.

Rowe - yeah, excellent game. The one thing I'd like to see him do is take more marks when he has the drop rather than thumping the ball to kingdom come. Turns a 100% play into a 50/50 proposition.

Wood. As someone said, it's been a long time since we've seen a ruckman take marks around the ground.

Menzel was in the wars a bit tonight but I don't think I appreciated what a smart player he is in terms of positioning and general awareness. Like to see him in the centre.

Cons: Junk time goals to the opposition.  Thomas was able to walk off the ground.

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #47
Get rid of that useless giraffe Warnock…Cam Wood was 100pc better than anything Warnock has shown all year…and having to cop that flog David King showing 2 perfect taps from Goldilocks in the ruck as saying how superb he was…sheeash Wood was great with bodywork off the ball….couple of good pack grabs,,,nice goal…miles in front of the great giraffe,,,and made some tackles,,,easy choice,,,why 18 games to work this out?

Why do they pick Ellard week in week out…Graham so much better…..give him a full game…

God hope Troy the Boy is OK with LARS KNEE

Why does that little crap Thomas always rip us a new one every game we play them…well done Sam Rowe as usually Petrie kicks 4-5 plus v us every year

Reply #48
Problem being that was the good Waite tonight...chasing, marking well, converting, not being dumb.....can he do it next week and the week after?

Exactly right !!

We've seen this so many times before, Waite is out for a while and comes in first-up and plays a blinder. He then turns to his lunatic self the second week and undoes all of the good will he built up the week before.

He is going to play some good games in the run home to the end of the season too, he is out of contract at the end of the season so he will want to either get Carlton to re-sign him or stoke up some interest from the opposition clubs.

For mine, great to see him play well tonight but I'm not fooled and I hope the club aren't either, this has to be his last season at the Princes Park.

He usually misses half the season anyway, we should play him every second week  :))

Reply #49
Casboult seemed all at sea tonight, took some strong grabs but that was about it. Rowe was crucified by the umpires for that non-existent love-tap on Petrie, I nearly broke the TV screen when they paid that.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #50
Problem being that was the good Waite tonight...chasing, marking well, converting, not being dumb.....can he do it next week and the week after?

Exactly right !!

We've seen this so many times before, Waite is out for a while and comes in first-up and plays a blinder. He then turns to his lunatic self the second week and undoes all of the good will he built up the week before.

He is going to play some good games in the run home to the end of the season too, he is out of contract at the end of the season so he will want to either get Carlton to re-sign him or stoke up some interest from the opposition clubs.

For mine, great to see him play well tonight but I'm not fooled and I hope the club aren't either, this has to be his last season at the Princes Park.

He usually misses half the season anyway, we should play him every second week  :))

I hope we get 2 more years out of him. He'll play good footy at 32-33yo and even the most frustrating often tends to settle "in the head" when they move further in their 30s.

We let him go and he'll up having a year or 3 at clubs that could use him like Geelong, Collingwood and even Hawthorn with Buddy gone. Prefer him playing for us rather than watch him kick a heap against us and improve our opposition.

Reply #51
Casboult seemed all at sea tonight, took some strong grabs but that was about it. Rowe was crucified by the umpires for that non-existent love-tap on Petrie, I nearly broke the TV screen when they paid that.

Casboult started well, faded alot but still took a couple more grabs. We moved the ball at real speed tonight, which meant we could hit Hendo and Waite one out often. Casboult gets a bit left out in that situation in regards to our forward line. Allows us to let him run round the ground more. First qtr and a half good but died out after that.

Reply #52
Everitt & Menzel both have done a knee, not good at all !!

Everitt's a medial so he'll be out probably for the year if that's the case. He'll be ok for the pre-season though. Menzel's more of a worry, especially with a Lars. Hope for the best but not sure. If it's the worst case I'd go for a traditional reco this time.
[/b]
Has to. We always knew this was a potential outcome with Troy, so better get it over with in the infancy of his career. Interesting to see how contract talks unfold now though.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #53
Sam Rowe was great again and is one of the most improved players...in the comp not just at Carlton...have not been happy with Malthouse overall but he has improved this bloke out of sight and also Simon White and credit to him.

Reply #54
Sam Rowe was great again and is one of the most improved players...in the comp not just at Carlton...have not been happy with Malthouse overall but he has improved this bloke out of sight and also Simon White and credit to him.

Rowe is MM's masterpiece. Recruited as a mature aged forward under Ratts, fights off cancer and is reinvented as a potential AA defender (maybe not this year). White exists due to MM's aversion towards Laidler. We need to track their corresponding careers to measure that outcome.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #55
Great win
2qtr effort for once
Concerned about Menz and Everritt.
Hope they re both ok, although by the looks of things, both are pretty stuffed.

Reply #56
Wood our number 1 ruck man. Who would have thought. Lol

Reply #57
Wood our number 1 ruck man. Who would have thought. Lol

Still got smashed in the hitouts. Showed more around the ground than Warnock has in his lifetime, though.

Reply #58

Full credit goes to Mick for Rowe, he put him in defence and now we have a FB for the next 4 years and a great one at that but White? Not for mine, we saw the real Simon White last night, awful decision making, a real goose.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #59

Malthouse's real strength is developing good ordinary players who are prepared to give 110% and work their ar2e off to improve. Rowe and White fit the bill. Lazy J Garlett wouldn't, because he has the ability but choose when to use it. Mick was 'blue collar' himself like Maxwell, like Worsfold and like Rowe and White. He'd love em