Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock) (Read 52470 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock)

Reply #135
@LP
Steady on mate, your reading things that aren't there again.

But your saying we're very short of ruck options but at the same time we should get rid of one of the few we have?  ::)

I'm saying trade out one who has some currency for nuffas who think the tap is everything, and then bring in two, drafting one 18 year old and a trade late for an older backup!

So we'd end up with Kreuz, two backups and a kid?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #136
Wood was smashed in the ruck. Was good around the ground though. He ain't the solution but definitely keep him on the list.

If warnock has currency, trade him, if not retain. Will be interesting to see if anything happens with kruezer

I agree. Wood wasn't great in the ruck at all. He was good around the ground. Warnock must be nervous at the moment if Kreuzer has a chance of coming good again. One of Warnock or Kreuzer could very likely be moved on at the end of this season or the next.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #137
Wood was smashed in the ruck. Was good around the ground though. He ain't the solution but definitely keep him on the list.

If warnock has currency, trade him, if not retain. Will be interesting to see if anything happens with kruezer

I agree. Wood wasn't great in the ruck at all. He was good around the ground. Warnock must be nervous at the moment if Kreuzer has a chance of coming good again. One of Warnock or Kreuzer could very likely be moved on at the end of this season or the next.

Wood gave a contest. He may not taken the spoils in the hitouts, but he gave Norf something to think about around the ground.
Spud 206 offers SFA.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #138
I'm saying trade out one who has some currency for nuffas who think the tap is everything, and then bring in two, drafting one 18 year old and a trade late for an older backup!
[/quote]
One more than we have now!

That would be four rucks Kreuzer, Wood, Kid and Veteran with Casboult, Rowe and Watson as backups.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
One more than we have now!

That would be four rucks Kreuzer, Wood, Kid and Veteran with Casboult, Rowe and Watson as backups.
[/quote]

Kreuzer, Failed Pie, two unknowns and three second stringers?

Reply #140
I'd rather a ruck that plays well around the ground. Winning taps at center bounces is overrated. Especially if it's like Warnock hitting it down the throat of the opposition. As long as your mids are covering men rather than trying to make space, I reckon you can be just as effective at winning clearances.
If Kreuzer can be fit, and stay fit, he will be a nice addition in 2015. After only one game, Wood seems to be able to offer more than Warnock. He doesn't win as many taps, but that as I said above, most of Warnock's taps have been going to opposition in clear space for an easy clearance.

Reply #141
I'd rather a ruck that plays well around the ground. Winning taps at center bounces is overrated. Especially if it's like Warnock hitting it down the throat of the opposition. As long as your mids are covering men rather than trying to make space, I reckon you can be just as effective at winning clearances.
If Kreuzer can be fit, and stay fit, he will be a nice addition in 2015. After only one game, Wood seems to be able to offer more than Warnock. He doesn't win as many taps, but that as I said above, most of Warnock's taps have been going to opposition in clear space for an easy clearance.

+1.

Woods influence was immense Friday night. i was there and I watched the replay!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #142
Wood has played ONE game. I will make my call after seeing how he goes for the rest of the season.

Reply #143
It felt nice having ruckman that actually looked like taking a mark for once. Haven't had one since Sauce.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #144
It felt nice having ruckman that actually looked like taking a mark for once. Haven't had one since Sauce.

Hopefully he can do it again Carrots.

Reply #145
Wood has played ONE game. I will make my call after seeing how he goes for the rest of the season.

Yet he took two years worth of marks by 206 standards!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #146

Now your getting hysterical again.  ;)

Reply #147

I agree.
I hope he gets the chance to string together a few games so we can have a look at how well he goes.
He doesn't have too high a bar to get over though.

Reply #148

Now your getting hysterical again.  ;)

Reckon there might be a coaching issue as he was nabbing a reasonable number at Freo. Like MK, they found out the body contact issue and it was all over and we could never help these guys out in overcoming it

Reply #149
Essendon play one ruckman... 196cm Paddy Ryder , he seems to get the footy about 20 times a game, had 35 hitouts or close to it vs Will Minson(AA last year)on the weekend, kicked 2 goals and was one of the best of the ground.
I'd rather a ruckman who can get the footy and be useful in more than one area of the game...like Ryder.

If anyone can maker a case for a stiff like Warnock who cannot contribute in other fashion other than tap outs the let me know.....