Skip to main content
Topic: Settling the Back KPP (Read 9451 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Settling the Back KPP

Reply #15
What we really lack also is a classy 3rd tall type up forward which is why we need Walker back asap. The stuff up was not playing Casboult, Jacksh I like but is no key tall at the moment and only a 3rd tall either end.

Casboult did feck all against Box Hill today, and Box Hill didn't have a single AFL listed player! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
I don't think we stuffed up by not playing Casboult.   As it was our balance of talls and smalls was wrong, as Jaksch didn't have an adequate matchup back, and forward didn't do enough.

I couldn't really figure out who goes out for him, and I think we needed more run rather than another marking forward.
With the benefit of hindsight Tutt, Armfield or Sheehan in for a tall would probably have made a better difference to our team than Casboult and im certain that the sub was going to be used on a tall.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
Casboult did feck all against Box Hill today, and Box Hill didn't have a single AFL listed player! :o
That's ok, put him in the seniors, need the extra ruck back up.

Reply #18
I agree about moving Henderson to CHB. Give Jones, Jaksch and Casboult time to gel up forward.

Henderson mightn't be with us next year. :-[

Reply #19
The problems is that the stuff up (leaving Casboult out) was blindingly obvious before the game, so why didn't the match committee see it?

Jaksch, Casboult, Henderson, Everritt

I hear ya JD I hear ya. Apparently he didn't do anything in the seconds either so not sure if he would have done much to help in the end but for structure's sake maybe.

But often round 1 games are just won by the team who wants it the most as everyone is lacking in fitness and touch and that is where the real worry is.

Reply #20
I agree about moving Henderson to CHB. Give Jones, Jaksch and Casboult time to gel up forward.

Henderson mightn't be with us next year. :-[

We also might give Watson a go in our fwd line, at CHF. The more I think about it the more I prefer Hendo to play mainly in the back line. Anyway we'll see over the next couple of weeks - let's just hope we're not 0 - 3 by then.
Reality always wins in the end.