Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 59519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #15
Unless Hendo is back, would keep Watson, hard to see how anyone would have done much better in the role he had yesterday. Ball just never got there. If Hendo is not there who would you go with? There just aren't any KP players left? Jones seemed to start well , but , but then nothing again.

Agree.. we cant drop Watson after one game and need to give him a couple more....this Geelong game could get ugly. hopefully Jamison is back...Rowe and Jaksch  wont cut it against either Clark and Hawkins.

Reply #16
Agree.. we cant drop Watson after one game and need to give him a couple more....this Geelong game could get ugly. hopefully Jamison is back...Rowe and Jaksch  wont cut it against either Clark and Hawkins.

If Mick is still coach Watson will be dropped, you can take it to the bank. Also if Mick is coach the Graham will be selected and start as sub. You can also take that one to the bank.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
I wish it wasn't on TV, its all too sad to watch. This mob has taken away hope.

Reply #18
If Mick is still coach Watson will be dropped, you can take it to the bank. Also if Mick is coach the Graham will be selected and start as sub. You can also take that one to the bank.

Maybe Graham is too much like Daisy and Mick can only love one son.... ;)

Reply #19

Watson has played 20 AFL games and had over 4 years in the system.

He has not improved one bit. The guy shows nothing. Absolutely nothing. Can't even do the basics.

Ellard Watson Armfield to name a few, all well and truly have had their time. Enough now.

We beat dead horses longer then any other team - to the point they have no trade value and have clogged the list for 2 years longer then they should.

Reply #20
Hawkins was out yesterday, maybe won't come up for next round. Either way we can only select players we have available ATM , so if we drop Watson, who comes in? Jamo would be great, but he doesn't kick goals, so hope Hendo is up. But Watson has had some bad moments, but look a the sides he has played in at times, not the best grounding . We are so desperate for a star we expect to much at times and it impacts on our players. It's the culture which is hurting us , any players we attract seem to get drawn in by it and don't develop or go back wards

Reply #21
I'll be in Melbourne for this match, a close mate of mine asked if I want to go to the game with him, I said "no".

Instead I'm preferring to go to Cramer St. the next day and watch the seconds. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #22
I'll be in Melbourne for this match, a close mate of mine asked if I want to go to the game with him, I said "no".

Instead I'm preferring to go to Cramer St. the next day and watch the seconds.

cramer st is a depressing place sheik :-\

Reply #23

Will be typical Malthouse. We had 30 inside 50's yesterday and so we will drop the forwards.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #24
Just my point , 30 inside 50's , so it's a midfield problem, but to fix it Watson might be dropped mmmm makes little sense. What would that do to a player you would think with an already fragile  believe

Reply #25
Watson has played 20 AFL games and had over 4 years in the system.

He has not improved one bit. The guy shows nothing. Absolutely nothing. Can't even do the basics.

Ellard Watson Armfield to name a few, all well and truly have had their time. Enough now.

We beat dead horses longer then any other team - to the point they have no trade value and have clogged the list for 2 years longer then they should.

I dont disagree and I am always keen to move on list cloggers...however I just want to give Watson a couple of games to to make sure we are not
getting rid of a player without first giving him time to settle in the one position after he did show something with 4 goals vs Essendon last season.
As pointed out we didnt get many scoring opportunities and delivery to our forwards is non existent so we need to judge Watson when we are
capable of giving him some supply...

Reply #26
Will be typical Malthouse. We had 30 inside 50's yesterday and so we will drop the forwards.

He probably should. They are basically the reason we couldn't get the ball into our forward line. Nobody was presenting up to the wing so we had no choice but to chip around the backline before becoming frustrated and kicking to a contest....which usually went to the advantage of the opposition such is our foot skills.

Reply #27
I find it incredible, then again, perhaps I don't, that some of you actually think that Watson deserves YET ANOTHER CHANCE.

The fact that the ball "didn't get down there", is irrelevant.

The question must be, when it did get down there, what did Watson do?

Did he contest? Did he show toughness, effort, or any determination to actually try and get the ball?

Did he put his body on the line at any stage during his time on the field?

Now, if you are prepared to set aside your blinkered biased glasses and look at Watson's 3 possession performance objectively, you must, if you have got any idea about the game at all, agree that Watson, while he may be a very nice bloke, is, at AFL level,  a complete hack.

Putting everything else aside, after 4 years in the system, I have yet to see Watson kick with his right foot, nor do I know if he can.

That, in itself is an indictment of Watson's commitment to the game, to the club, and his desire to play at the highest level.

I wouldn't give him another game, and he MUST be delisted at the end of the year.

Reply #28
I find it incredible, then again, perhaps I don't, that some of you actually think that Watson deserves YET ANOTHER CHANCE.

The fact that the ball "didn't get down there", is irrelevant.

The question must be, when it did get down there, what did Watson do?

Did he contest? Did he show toughness, effort, or any determination to actually try and get the ball?

Did he put his body on the line at any stage during his time on the field?

Now, if you are prepared to set aside your blinkered biased glasses and look at Watson's 3 possession performance objectively, you must, if you have got any idea about the game at all, agree that Watson, while he may be a very nice bloke, is, at AFL level,  a complete hack.

Putting everything else aside, after 4 years in the system, I have yet to see Watson kick with his right foot, nor do I know if he can.

That, in itself is an indictment of Watson's commitment to the game, to the club, and his desire to play at the highest level.

I wouldn't give him another game, and he MUST be delisted at the end of the year.

Sad but true. It was a very poor performance from a player who should have been much more desperate.

Reply #29
He probably should. They are basically the reason we couldn't get the ball into our forward line. Nobody was presenting up to the wing so we had no choice but to chip around the backline before becoming frustrated and kicking to a contest....which usually went to the advantage of the opposition such is our foot skills.

So same as every other game this year.

Watson is same as Jones, doesn't work hard enough. But he needs a few weeks.

How bad our forward line has become...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset