Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 59518 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #30
Quote from: PassIt2Carrots
Pizza and the couch mate!

Plus a glass of wine and a 120 + thrashing...
Sounds like a plan.   ;D
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #31
So same as every other game this year.

Watson is same as Jones, doesn't work hard enough. But he needs a few weeks.

How bad our forward line has become...

Jones works a hell of a lot harder than Watson does.

Having said that thought, i turtle probably covers more ground than Watson does and they run at about the same pace.

Reply #32
Jones works a hell of a lot harder than Watson does.

Having said that thought, i turtle probably covers more ground than Watson does and they run at about the same pace.

Wow, Watson must be a statue then
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #33
Will be typical Malthouse. We had 30 inside 50's yesterday and so we will drop the forwards.

And the entries were at under 9 Auskick standard.. 

We are simply ridiculous and it's sad that the cattle just don't care how they look !!
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #34
If Mick is still coach Watson will be dropped, you can take it to the bank. Also if Mick is coach the Graham will be selected and start as sub. You can also take that one to the bank.

I think Henderson comes back this week anyway but, yes, despite the fact the ball doesn't come into the forward line in any manner at all, and when it does it terrible. But, yes you're right, if Hendo didn't come back Watson still would've got dropped anyway.

Reply #35
Wow, Watson must be a statue then

With his looks like tarzan plays like jane attitude, a statue is about all he is good for.

Reply #36
He probably should. They are basically the reason we couldn't get the ball into our forward line. Nobody was presenting up to the wing so we had no choice but to chip around the backline before becoming frustrated and kicking to a contest....which usually went to the advantage of the opposition such is our foot skills.

We spend a lot of our time with no-one in the forward 50 over the last couple of weeks. Playing 1000 blokes behind the ball and no one ahead means one has to chip. We've seen a few times blokes running down the wing, having to stop, kick backwards as there was no-one ahead to kick to.

Reply #37
We spend a lot of our time with no-one in the forward 50 over the last couple of weeks. Playing 1000 blokes behind the ball and no one ahead means one has to chip. We've seen a few times blokes running down the wing, having to stop, kick backwards as there was no-one ahead to kick to.

Jim if our guys are playing like that to instruction isn't it a bit unfair to take the forwards to task?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38
Jim if our guys are playing like that to instruction isn't it a bit unfair to take the forwards to task?

Certainly no-one is blaming the forwards. How could you?

Reply #39
I think we need to make some major changes. first off I would take Gibbs, Judd and Murphy out of the midfield, I would play Gibbs down back and Murphy up forward. I also think we need another Key defender because Jacsck isn't up to the task. I would also use Kruezer as a key forward if fit, and I would play Yarran further up the ground as we lack pace thru the middle. Finally I would not play Carrazzo again as I think he is gone. This means I would go with the following
B.    Docherty Rowe White
H/B  Gibbs (Henderson/Jamison)* Touhy  *Only one
C     Yarran Curnow Everett
H/F   Tutt Kreuzer Bell
F.     Murphy Casboult Menzel
R.    Wood Cripps Graham
I/C   Simpson Buckley Whiley  Judd

All the rest, Walker, Thomas, Jacsk, Grant and the rest can play in the twos until they get form and passion.

Reply #40
Certainly no-one is blaming the forwards. How could you?

Well I wouldn't but some others seem to be.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #41
I am really not looking forward to this game. Geelong have just lost a game they could have won. I really don't see who on our list could really make a big difference. We need many players to lift and carry the squad. Judd can't do this over and over again. Are his shoulders not bandaged up enough. I hope we don't get completely crushed in this game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #42
I've been thinking about our lacked run.

I think one major issue is we are very height imbalanced.

our talls cannot play football once the ball hits the deck.  Rowe, wood, Levi, Watson, all lack the necessary agility below the knees and that must have some effect on our lack of run.

I think we can only afford two of the above in the line-up.

Until Jamison and Hendo come back we are stuck with Wood and Rowe.  once they are back, I would drop Rowe and add Kreuzer to ruck/forward in a tandem, play Henderson chb, Jamo full back and Jaksch forward with Jones.

Casboult stiff but wood is our only capable ruck on our list, whilst Rowe is probably one of few winning his position more often than he loses this season.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #43
I've been thinking about our lacked run.

I think one major issue is we are very height imbalanced.

our talls cannot play football once the ball hits the deck.  Rowe, wood, Levi, Watson, all lack the necessary agility below the knees and that must have some effect on our lack of run.

I think we can only afford two of the above in the line-up.

Until Jamison and Hendo come back we are stuck with Wood and Rowe.  once they are back, I would drop Rowe and add Kreuzer to ruck/forward in a tandem, play Henderson chb, Jamo full back and Jaksch forward with Jones.

Casboult stiff but wood is our only capable ruck on our list, whilst Rowe is probably one of few winning his position more often than he loses this season.
Jones ahead of Casboult...lol.

Kreuzer's a great ruck but an awful forward. Casboult will ruck with Kreuzer. Wood won't play. Casboult's work around the ground is too valuable and the only one likely to be able to play as a key forward while not rucking.

Doesn't matter. While Mick's there we won't get any run anyway. He lost the players long ago. To get run firstly you have to put an effort in.

Key positions will be Jamison, Rowe, Casboult and Henderson with Casboult do some ruck work too. Jaksch will play a 3rd tall role for now at some end of the ground. Better in defence for his sake as he won't be getting a kick forward right now. Who would?

Reply #44
Jones ahead of Casboult...lol.

Kreuzer's a great ruck but an awful forward. Casboult will ruck with Kreuzer. Wood won't play. Casboult's work around the ground is too valuable and the only one likely to be able to play as a key forward while not rucking.

Doesn't matter. While Mick's there we won't get any run anyway. He lost the players long ago. To get run firstly you have to put an effort in.

Key positions will be Jamison, Rowe, Casboult and Henderson with Casboult do some ruck work too. Jaksch will play a 3rd tall role for now at some end of the ground. Better in defence for his sake as he won't be getting a kick forward right now. Who would?

Jones ahead of Casboult to balance our forwardline only.

One can play below the knees. The other cant.

Ditto Jaksch.

I think Levi is potentially our best forward, but not with the ruck setup we currently use.  It only works if he is one of the rucks, and Wood is clearly our best performing ruckman all season, and that says little about Wood and more about the rest.

So if we bring in Kreuzer, that means two of Rowe, Wood and Casboult must go out in order to improve our run.

If Kreuzer could get fit, and do the 1st ruck duties, our best tandem would be him and Levi.

Look at how Mumford played on the weekend.  He was EVERYWHERE.

None of our guys but Kreuzer can do that, and even he only did it prior to his knee op.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson