Skip to main content
Topic: Round 16 Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 22859 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 16 Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #60
We are not going to beat Sandilands in the air, so we have to beat him around the ground.....run!

That is not Woods strong point, especially since he has been labouring of late.

I reckon we'll see the likes of Casboult/Rowe try and run him around a bit.

Reply #61
We are not going to beat Sandilands in the air, so we have to beat him around the ground.....run!

That is not Woods strong point, especially since he has been labouring of late.

I reckon we'll see the likes of Casboult/Rowe try and run him around a bit.

I hope Zac Clarke isn't a late inclusion.

You're right though, Kreuzer and Wood combined couldn't beat Sandilands in the ruck.  Fortunately, he hasn't had much impact around the ground and that could provide an opportunity for an advantage.  The real test will be whether our midfielders can shark Sandiland's hitouts and/or stop the Dockers getting clearances.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Back after a week without internet, but a 5 goal performance against richmond hardly made for regrets.

A weakened team, and the grind of the season can now be seen. Wood has done well this season, but has looked tired of late. Moreover, it makes no sense to try and take on sandilands in the tapouts. He is just too tall. Given how such dominance for freo has little consequence for such matters as scoring we may as well go for the extra run.

They will be in quite a grump after the belting from hawthorn, so we will need to restrict their run, and hopefully force errors. Their defence is weak, so if we can get it inside one on one way may be able to keep up.  Good ball use is critical at subiaco ( as it is everywhere) but it does reward quick switches across the ground as defenders are often spread out due to its length.

Not expecting much, but a solid 4 quarter effort might see us go close if a few things go our way. The likes of everitt have a good opportunity to run and make good position, but they will have work very hard.

Reply #63
If we're to have any show against this mob we'll need much improved performances from Bell, Yarran, Everitt, Henderson and Menzel - blokes who are capable of delivering much more than they have of late.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #64

Great...I'm already on the bandwagon and be nice for him to debut at home...

Rowe, Dochety and Walsh in...

Wood, Gibbs and Armys arm out...Wood is unlucky given Rowe didnt do much in the NB's and Sandilands needs two genuine ruckman to work in tandem against him..

Go Brad!!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #65
Walsh is the sub.

Reply #66
Feeling very nervous about this one! I'm going out (next door) to a birthday party now - will catch up with things a bit later on.
Reality always wins in the end.