Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match (Read 49152 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match

Reply #15
Totally overwhelmed ... BY THE POOR STANDARD OF UMPIRING.

If it wasn't for those mongrels we could have kept it to less than 100 points.
regardless of the result umps were very ordinary as they are EVERY Friday night, really don't know where to go from here but guys like Jones, Tutt and Boek are our solution

Reply #16
regardless of the result umps were very ordinary as they are EVERY Friday night, really don't know where to go from here but guys like Jones, Tutt and Boek are NOT!!! our solution

Reply #18
Reckon SOS might have pulled Barks aside for a quiet chat in the last couple of weeks, regarding winning and its corrosive effect on high draft selections.

Reply #19
regardless of the result umps were very ordinary as they are EVERY Friday night, really don't know where to go from here but guys like Jones, Tutt and Boek are our solution

The Hawks were pretty much asking for free kicks in the first half and pretty much got them all the time.

Reply #20
Reckon SOS might have pulled Barks aside for a quiet chat in the last couple of weeks, regarding winning and its corrosive effect on high draft selections.

I doubt it, we are not THAT good at anything....even tanking!

Reply #21

thats bullsyite
you dont loose by a record margin in the history of your club by design

Reply #23
thats bullsyite
you dont loose by a record margin in the history of your club by design

I might have to start using emoticons. Take it easy ttb. I'm kidding.

Reply #24
So much for Hawthorn being the family club.

Poor kids...

Reply #25
Remember the days when we'd lose by 60 or 70 points....*sigh*......I miss those days......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #26
Good god what a wipe out.

Hope the players and the club can forget that one fast.

Better players were Kruezer, murphy. Bell and cripps did ok. Curnow kept putting in despite his glaring inadequacies.

But 15 years of incompetence was laid bare tonight. What a difference 20 years makes.

We have so many poor players that should be delisted as soon as possible. The club must have a list by now deciding who to delist first as a matter of priority as well as what we need to bring in. I dislike criticising players as they are human and trying hard, but this is the big league and if your best is not good enough then it is time to go.

We have several players that have been making the same mistakes year after year.  If buckly's father was not such a star for us then he would have been delisted. His decision making is not good enough and he has spent 4 years on the list showing little improvement. Jamison was unsighted and may as well retire as he is finished. Rowe is just too slow and his disposal not up to scratch.

Yarran is a mess, so why is he playing?  Tutt is like ellard mach 2, just looks even smaller. And henderson is a wasted talent. Jones cant seem to hold on to the football and, and, and...why bother, it has all been said before.

This is a team that has been poorly coached for many years. The rot started during Pagan and continued with underinvestment in coaching and development. I am struggling to think of players that have genuinely improved and progressed over the course of several years. The likes of Murphy are talented but are playing little better now than they were in their first 2 or 3 years. The skill level shown tonight highlighted how we have neglected the skills and development part of the game in an era where it has been the most important factor in determining success in the league.

We all like to see endeavour and players running hard which is why a player such as Simpson is appreciated. But his staggering inability to kick off both feet which therefore has compromised his decision making epitomises the underinvestment by the club. This is not picking on Simpson as such, but too much of this has been accepted. With the poorer player the deficiencies are even more glaring.

Like it or not, the game is becoming like soccer, and hawthorn do it better than anyone. They dont run harder nor are they stronger than anyone else. But they have skills that are better than anyone else and they have built a winning style around it.

And we play them again.

Reply #27
x2
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #28
On a positive note, AFL license renewal took a 50mil hit tonight

Reply #29
Cam Mooney just said on SEN (regarding Liam Jones and Jason Tutt) something along the lines of "I worked with them a bit [at the Dogs] and I was surprised Carlton went after them"... and on Jones "he used to frustrate me so much. He doesn't have the work rate for AFL football"