Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match (Read 49167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match

Reply #30
Cam Mooney just said on SEN (regarding Liam Jones and Jason Tutt) something along the lines of "I worked with them a bit [at the Dogs] and I was surprised Carlton went after them"... and on Jones "he used to frustrate me so much. He doesn't have the work rate for AFL football"

cam mooney wasnt exactly a poster boy for hard work early on

Reply #32
That Blaine Johnson goes alright doesn't he? ::)
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #33
Did anyone hear that huge "THUD" tonight ? I did. It echoes for absolutely miles. We have hit rock bottom. Might not be on the bottom of the ladder, but this club has hit a low it has never seen before. Losing by 23 goals ?? Seriously, losing by how much ? It couldn't get any worse. We lost one of the best players we ever had this season to a career ending injury. We lost a coach who has coached more AFL games than any other ever in history. We lost by the largest margin we ever have in our history. We can't get any worse than where we are as a club at the moment.

Call the fire brigade to put out the fire after that crash to earth. That was a crash like we might never, ever see again. So hard to watch that game tonight. It hurt way to much to ever see another game like this ever again. I almost want to be a Brisbane supporter. Hang on we play them soon. It could be another loss we hope we don't see too soon. Back to the grog and smokes for me. I should have chosen a better season to look after my health. :-\
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #34
Mark Thompson sent Mooney  to anger management  counselling to change his ways...some of our blokes need to go to passive counselling, apart from the inept skills we looked like a bunch of little kids from some surburban comp who were too scared to make a statement....took a novice in Holman to strike a blow in anger and that was about it for the night....although Murphy to his credit tried to impose himself but when you are such a little bloke you get trampled underfoot.

Reply #36
Just think people - this Club has been in existence for over 150 years & we've just witnessed the biggest ever loss in that period......that's a humiliation beyond words. That magnificent win against Port just a few weeks back now a distance memory.......maybe even an aberration.

I've never seen a display so inept in all my Carlton supporting years.....it spread like wildfire throughout all but a couple of the playing group tonight & it affected every facet of their footballing 'skill' set.......it was friggin' laughable.

I never wanna see Chris Yarran take to the field in a Carlton guernsey ever again.....his head clearly isn't right & he is nothing short of being a liability out there. Why Barker persisted with him in defense is truly mind blowing.

Congratulations to Murph for never throwing in the towel & for very clearly leaving nothing out there tonight. I felt sorry for the guy being surrounded by such spuds - his personal performance was memorable for his 200th, pity about the rest of them.

Reply #37
We needed a hell of a lot to go right tonight to get within 6 goals and very little of it did.

Murphy lots of it but not much impact.
Cripps okay.
Bell not bad towards the end.
Some brave moments from Doc
Kruezer lots of tapsstraight down Lewis's throat.

It was chaos in the backline and a barren wasteland in the F50. Which was probably our best chance given the delivery from our mids.

Reply #38
Just think people - this Club has been in existence for over 150 years & we've just witnessed the biggest ever loss in that period......that's a humiliation beyond words. That magnificent win against Port just a few weeks back now a distance memory.......maybe even an aberration.

I've never seen a display so inept in all my Carlton supporting years.....it spread like wildfire throughout all but a couple of the playing group tonight & it affected every facet of their footballing 'skill' set.......it was friggin' laughable.

I never wanna see Chris Yarran take to the field in a Carlton guernsey ever again.....his head clearly isn't right & he is nothing short of being a liability out there. Why Barker persisted with him in defense is truly mind blowing.

Congratulations to Murph for never throwing in the towel & for very clearly leaving nothing out there tonight. I felt sorry for the guy being surrounded by such spuds - his personal performance was memorable for his 200th, pity about the rest of them.

I know we had our worst ever loss but the loss to the Kangaroos was actually worse, just not by as much. I was at that game and the disunity and lack of cohesion in that group was palpable. That Kangaroos side was okay but not great whereas this Hawthorn side will have to play poorly for them to lose another game this year.

Reply #39
  Bang there goes barkers coaching aspirations another one bites the dust

Reply #40
It was chaos in the backline and a barren wasteland in the F50. Which was probably our best chance given the delivery from our mids.

There were numerous times we had our entire team well inside their half of the ground, yet they still had free blokes everywhere and well within scoring range......wtf was going on with this headless group??? What a mess.....

Reply #41
Reckon some people are getting a touch overemotional and melodramatic.
The Saints were copping floggings every week last year, and people predicted they wouldn't win a game this year.
Now suddenly they re the new black.
A few weeks ago, we were winning a few games, the kids were playing well, and there was a great vibe around the Club and amongst our supporters.
Then we run into a red hot Hawks side at the peak of their powers (probably the best side since the Lions 'threepeat' side) with over 1000 games more experience then us, and then lose Menz before the game even starts to make things worse, and get predicably flogged, and people lose the plot and start saying we have to tear the place down and start again.

Reply #42
the saints list is much better than ours

Reply #43
There were numerous times we had our entire team well inside their half of the ground, yet they still had free blokes everywhere and well within scoring range......wtf was going on with this headless group??? What a mess.....

No leadership from players like Jamison, Rowe, Henderson etc down back...Touhy just wants to kick the running glory goal and Yarran couldnt be bothered especially when the ball is in the air and he
has to lay some body on opposing players....half of Hawthorns contested marks were stat sheet lies..there was no contest..
As you said we flooded down back yet there were giant gaps to run into for Hawthorn players....we helped by kicking it backwards, then to the side then backwards again...after about 3 kicks we usually turn it over and gift a goal...

Reply #44
this crap will continue whilst we have this board......