Skip to main content

Poll

Do you think Crippa will win the rising star?  Take emotion out of it when choosing :)

Yes he will
[ 27 ] (49.1%)
No he won't
[ 28 ] (50.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: September 11, 2015, 12:30:32 pm

Topic: Will Crippa win the rising star? (Read 49424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Will Crippa win the rising star?

Reply #75
It's equally hard to play in the midfield and cop a hard tag most games.  It's also hard for a young bloke to take over as the main inside mid and be as productive as the injured champion who had the role.

Not really. It's why big blokes take way longer to develop. Much harder getting smashed in marking contests often against 2 or 3 opponents. We all know that, as much as we want Cripps to win.

I believe Cripps has been as good as any mid this year and felt he should've been in the AA squad of 40, hence why I think he should overcome the advantage Hogan has of performing so well as a very young key position player.

Reply #76
Jimbo I honestly believe what Cripps has been doing is harder to do than what Hogan has been doing. Hogan would IMO need at least 60 goals to equal Cripps' output in the midfield. The way Whately was saying 'oh but Hogan has 44 goals' big fk!! It's only 44 goals, not like he has been dominating like the Crippologist.

I know that, you know that but will the panel see that.

Reply #77
I know that, you know that but will the panel see that.

About 1/2 the voting panel are the same set of blokes who gave Krakouer 2011 Mark of the Year over 1AWs Super Grab, anyone Carlton is virtually stuffed under such conditions. :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
To save face it will be a tie, you will see 

Reply #79
To save face it will be a tie, you will see

KB is on radio saying he thinks Cripps, but this year KB is a voter in the award. Even if Carlton won a match by 50 goals KB would probably give the votes to an opposition player!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
About 1/2 the voting panel are the same set of blokes who gave Krakouer 2011 Mark of the Year over 1AWs Super Grab, anyone Carlton is virtually stuffed under such conditions. :o

That still is the most amazing decision ever. Still remember Steve Quartermain giving to Darcy big time over that decision. Darcy tried to justify it and Quartermain just laughed at him.

Reply #81
Has voting started yet?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #83
Hi Mods, can we change no he wont, to no he wont but he should?

I feel that everyone here believes he is a rising star regardless of this award, but the question makes us look like we dont believe he deserves it (imho).

We all know what you mean though.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #84
Runner Up

Reply #85
Cripps 41 votes
Hogan 49 votes

Just bullcrap isn't it!

Head to Head see HERE

Player   MT   K   Avg   H   Avg   D   Avg   M   Avg   HO   Avg   T   Avg   FF   FA   G   Avg   B   SC   Rat   Avg
Hogan   20   178   8.9   83   4.2   261   13.1   134   6.7   0   0   25   1.3   17   6   44   2.2   19   283   1484   74.2

Cripps   20   158   7.9   313   15.7   471   23.6   64   3.2   39   2   98   4.9   29   26   6   0.3   13   49   1723   86.2
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
We have been screwed again ,thanks for nothing A.F.L. 

Reply #87
Complete joke.
The AFL should be ashamed
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #88
Gee i wonder who Frawley, Richo, Darcy, Jakovich, and Tredrea voted for.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #89
By that score it is two full BOGs better than Cripps, hardly given the stats for their seasons linked above!

Hogan gets nine 5 votes out of 10, that is 49 out of 50 from ten voters!
The Force Awakens!