Skip to main content

Poll

Do you think Crippa will win the rising star?  Take emotion out of it when choosing :)

Yes he will
[ 27 ] (49.1%)
No he won't
[ 28 ] (50.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: September 11, 2015, 12:30:32 pm

Topic: Will Crippa win the rising star? (Read 49831 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Will Crippa win the rising star?

Reply #90
49-41
Wouldn't that read that 9 out of 10 voted for Hogan?

Reply #91
9 out of 10 judges gave Hogan full votes... wow!

Now for the Brisbane PP announcement.

Edit..Correct Lods
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #92
49-41
Wouldn't that read that 9 out of 10 voted for Hogan?

That's correct, 9 out of 10 clearly had Hogan the winner. Hard to imagine given the seasons they had isn't it?

It's a fix, no doubt about it, in a year the AFL predicted a draw the voting is one-sided.

But then this is the same organization that runs the MRP.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93
So there are up to 22 players who are eligible.

From there 10 guys rank their top 5.

The player most highly ranked, in a very group think driven environment, gets the nod.

This is so subjective, how many of those numbnuts watched more than a quarter of the games each of these guys played?

Bigger fish to fry for thr Crippler than a bogus award.

Reply #94
Both of them are guns and either would have deserved the win, I'm not fazed by it.
Lewis Taylor beat Marcus Bontempelli last year but if you had to choose one to play for Carlton Bontempelli would get my vote.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #95
That's correct, 9 out of 10 clearly had Hogan the winner. Hard to imagine given the seasons they had isn't it?

It's a fix, no doubt about it, in a year the AFL predicted a draw the voting is one-sided.

But then this is the same organization that runs the MRP.

Lucky for the AFL that FIFA exists......as they (the AFL) are as poorly run as any major sporting organisation you'll ever find. Everything they do is contrived.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #96
Both of them are guns and either would have deserved the win, I'm not fazed by it.
Lewis Taylor beat Marcus Bontempelli last year but if you had to choose one to play for Carlton Bontempelli would get my vote.

Yep
Let's move on
No big deal
We know who we'd rather have.

I'd rather us sitting here having a bit of a whinge about it than have to put up with Cripps being denigrated as "unworthy" or 'lucky to win' by the anti Carlton commentators for the next couple of days.

Reply #97
So there are up to 22 players who are eligible.

From there 10 guys rank their top 5.

The player most highly ranked, in a very group think driven environment, gets the nod.

This is so subjective, how many of those numbnuts watched more than a quarter of the games each of these guys played?

Bigger fish to fry for thr Crippler than a bogus award.

You might think it is bogus, but in fairness to the lads it is a big deal!

The media pump Hogan up as a modest winner, but he rattled on about Cripps claiming he must have been wearing heels on stage because he thought he was clearly bigger than Cripps when they stood together on the G! That's because Cripps looked smaller as Hogan watched him run off into the distance with the pill!

Hardly magnanimous!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
One day soon Cripps will win a Brownlow. Hogan will not. How'd you like them apples Jesse!!! :D
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #99
I guess there is the $20,000 investment account...Hopefully the club can just add that to Cripps' salary

Reply #101
Full Rising Star votes
Jesse Hogan 49
Patrick Cripps 41
Dom Sheed 27
Isaac Heeney 12
Angus Brayshaw 8
Touk Miller 6
Adam Saad 3
Jake Lever 2
Jordan De Goey 1
Jackson Thurlow 1

I feel ripped off, even though I predicted it. Campo should have won it back in 1995. Cripps should have won it this time. Not happy, but not surprised. Let's hope it can motivate Cripps, liked it did Campo, to push and rub it in their collective faces.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #103
Yep
Let's move on
No big deal
We know who we'd rather have.

I'd like both of them Lods, Hogan is a jet.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #104
There goes my spring carnival investment fund.