Skip to main content

Poll

Do you think Crippa will win the rising star?  Take emotion out of it when choosing :)

Yes he will
[ 27 ] (49.1%)
No he won't
[ 28 ] (50.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: September 11, 2015, 12:30:32 pm

Topic: Will Crippa win the rising star? (Read 49426 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Will Crippa win the rising star?

Reply #135
Unless some wank only gave him 3 votes.

There are only 10 x 5 votes available, Hogan had to get 9 of them with a single 4 to make 49 points.

If KB gave Cripps 5 and Shifter Sheehan gave Cripps 5 that means Hogan can only have received 8 x 5 votes. Therefore Hogan could not score more than 48, 8 x 5 + 2 x 4 = 48 points.

Someone reporting the votes is lying if the reports are true, or the vote tally is bogus!

I heard Shifter's 5 vote reported on SEN directly after the 3pm shift change, I haven't heard Bartlett's claim.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #136
There are only 10 x 5 votes available, Hogan had to get 9 of them with a single 4 to make 49 points.

If KB gave Cripps 5 and Shifter Sheehan gave Cripps 5 that means Hogan can only have received 8 x 5 votes. Therefore Hogan could not score more than 48, 8 x 5 + 2 x 4 = 48 points.

Someone reporting the votes is lying if the reports are true, or the vote tally is bogus!

I heard Shifter's 5 vote reported on SEN directly after the 3pm shift change, I haven't heard Bartlett's claim.

Can't argue with that logic.

Reply #137

But the question is.....
Did Bartlett say he voted for Cripps or just said he thought he'd win.
He wouldn't have divulged his vote before the announcement.
I doubt Bartlett voted for Cripps.

Reply #138
But the question is.....
Did Bartlett say he voted for Cripps or just said he thought he'd win.
He wouldn't have divulged his vote before the announcement.
I doubt Bartlett voted for Cripps.

I'd like to know where that Bartlett 5 vote claim comes from, if it was a grab of audio somewhere like the SEN reports on Shifter's vote. Tomorrow's KB show could be very interesting! ;)

Possibilities for KB;
 - He crapped on about thinking Cripps would win and voted for Hogan.
 - He or someone crapped on about him actually having a vote!
 - He actually did vote for Hogan and the report about Shifter's 5 is wrong.
 - They both voted for Cripps and the crap is about to hit the fan!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
Everyone's votes

Reply #140
Just on 'big blokes take longer' so Hogan wins.

Cripps has grown from 190cm we supposedly drafted him at to being 194cm now.
Hogan is supposedly only 195cm.

So Cripps mixing it with the games elite in the midfield standing 1cm shorter than Hogan who gets kudos for playing in a $hit side and can take a contested grab.

Everytime Cripps went forward he took a contested mark!

Hogan had 52 CM's and 47 marks inside 50.
Cripps had 15 CM's and 11 marks inside 50.

For a Gun forward, he was only getting around 4 times more marks.

I'm tipping Cripps was getting more than 4 times the amount of clearances. ;)

Reply #141

So Cripps mixing it with the games elite in the midfield standing 1cm shorter than Hogan who gets kudos for playing in a $hit side and can take a contested grab.

If there are any parts of Cripps' game that need to improve it is his marking and goal kicking.  

He should have kicked at least 20 goals and, if he had done so, the rising star would have been a lay down misere.

We sadly lack marking power around the ground and a bloke of Cripps' size, and obvious marking ability, should be able to contribute more.

Interestingly, Cripps seemed to be competing in the ruck as a matter of course at the end of the season.  Hitouts is another statistic  wherem he had the better of Hogan  ;)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #142

Key position players do take a lot longer as a rule and did give Hogan a head start. As big as Cripps is he played midfield. Hogan has done a great job. On the other hand Cripps could comfortable succeed as a key forward and be a similar success as Hogan. Seen him take some wonderful contested pack marks up in the forward 50.when playing for the NBs. Has Kouta, who could play key position or midfield, written all over him.

From a personal point of view I thought Cripps more than overcome the disadvantage to win IMO. He'll poll very well in the Brownlow, not unlike Priddis.

Reply #143
From a personal point of view I thought Cripps more than overcome the disadvantage to win IMO. He'll poll very well in the Brownlow, not unlike Priddis.

Yep
I said before I think Cripps will at least get into double figures in the Brownlow count.
What he does he does right under the eyes of the Umpires.
They can't fail to be impressed by some of his clearance work.
Whether that translates into votes will be interesting.

Reply #144
Looking at the highlights package Murph is sure going to enjoy being first receiver for the rest of his career.

Haha, I noticed that too and thought the same.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #145
I know it's a different voting system and only a prediction but the AFL's Brownlow vote predictor has Hogan getting 4 votes and Cripps getting 7.

It's almost as if those who voted in the rising star thought they were at the diving and factored in a 'degree of difficulty' assessment, and a spurious one at that.

Anyway, there are more important fish to fry and Cripps will win far more important accolades as his career progresses.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #146
The thing with Cripps is that he's "grown" as a player during the season.
He's gone from being Judd's understudy to just about the lead role at the club.
With his end of season fresh in our minds we're probably forgetting that at the start of the season he wasn't quite as dominant.

That may go part of the way to explaining his runner-up position in the rising star.
I suspect it will also show up in our B&F and the Brownlow where he will poll better in the back half of the season.

Reply #147
The thing with Cripps is that he's "grown" as a player during the season.
He's gone from being Judd's understudy to just about the lead role.
With his end of season fresh in our minds we're probably forgetting that at the start of the season he wasn't quite as dominant.

That may go part of the way to explaining his runner-up position in the rising star.
I suspect it will also show up in our B&F and the Brownlow where he will poll better in the back half of the season.

Will definitely get the 3 votes against the Saints in round 4 but his real outstanding run started the first week Barker took over the coaching reins. Just going though his weekly stats just then.

Reply #148
Will definitely get the 3 votes against the Saints in round 4 but his real outstanding run started the first week Barker took over the coaching reins. Just going though his weekly stats just then.

Funny about that hey?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #149
Cripps played better when Judd was out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!