Skip to main content
Topic: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy (Read 29762 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy

Reply #45
I also liked Craig's work with KJ, "train the mind".

Yes, that was interesting; Craig clearly didn't know KJ but singling him out then following up at the end of the session should have made an impression.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #46
Important. Loved it. Bravo CFC.

The superior way the club is now going about communicating and including members/supporters is a far cry from the very recent past.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #47
My understanding is that there definitely is a Part 2.

Reply #48
This was a fantastic doco and really eye opening.

I think the part where BB asks Jamo (as a 140 odd game player of the club) about what he would expect a guy like Viojo Rainbow to say to him if he can see Jamo doesnt adhere to team structures on the field was interesting.

Jamo replied that he would expect to be called to account on it, even by a first gamer.

If everyone is on board with this line this will be a significant shift in the club's mindset.

Lets hope so.

I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #49
Yes, that was interesting; Craig clearly didn't know KJ but singling him out then following up at the end of the session should have made an impression.

To me that was someone seeing that KJ isn't a hard trainer and sent Craig over to him to test him.

I thought this might be a bit more cringe worthy than it was, although I wonder how much of this is put on for the camera, the question to Jammo and the expect it answer had extra shots of Jammo and DVR cut into the footage.

When Weitering gather the boys around and told them to be ready for anything, was fantastic leadership stuff, but again was it organised for the camera?

Reply #50
My understanding is that there definitely is a Part 2.
My mate reckons they are doing a few.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51
At start of show it said there would be Nudity and Drug use. 

That must have been a mistake.  Maybe that was meant for Essendon show "The hanger"?  

Reply #52

The superior way the club is now going about communicating and including members/supporters is a far cry from the very recent past.

they should have had a sausage sizzle

Reply #53

The 'genius' in that bit was after asking KJ how he felt about the whole thing, he did the classic Columbo 'just one more thing', "who won the last one?" knowing full well the answer beforehand and gave the pseudo-surprised response of "oh you did..."

Points out to JK that if you listen to him, you will get results and get to the level required.

Reply #55
It was a nice piece, fluffy or not. And if the club cant make us smile before round 1 then what hope do we have?!

Regardless of the slightly scripted elements, it was abundantly clear that expectations are being raised every day. Bolton is setting a good tone: one that combines teaching and instruction with a really strong leadership and management focus.

I find it difficult to imagine any of our previous 3 coaches conducting themselves in such a way.

Reply #56

I can't see it: I don't have pay TV. However, I am really pleased that it exists. It goes to show that the new administration is becoming more media savvy and more inclusive.

A similar comparison can be seen when you look at the information coming out of the NBs. For years there was nothing. Nada, Nichts! Zip. Now they proudly publish everything they can, in multiple formats and in a relatively user - friendly fashion. A HUGE improvement.

There is more to be done, but the mere fact that something like 'The Journey' exists shows our club is moving in the right direction.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #57
I can't see it: I don't have pay TV. However, I am really pleased that it exists. It goes to show that the new administration is becoming more media savvy and more inclusive.

A similar comparison can be seen when you look at the information coming out of the NBs. For years there was nothing. Nada, Nichts! Zip. Now they proudly publish everything they can, in multiple formats and in a relatively user - friendly fashion. A HUGE improvement.

There is more to be done, but the mere fact that something like 'The Journey' exists shows our club is moving in the right direction.

Go to the CFC website. You can see it there. 28 minutes worth and no commercials.

Reply #58

I got the impression that Craig knew full well who he was. Singled him out as someone to focus on.

Reply #59
I got the impression that Craig knew full well who he was. Singled him out as someone to focus on.

Yes, that's what I meant.  He'd only just met him and had to ask whether he was Kristian or KJ but knew exactly who he was and had the routine planned.  Even if Jaksch twigged, and I suspect he didn't, he learnt something about running and himself.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball