Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 23222 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #45
Really disappointed in Nick Graham's efforts so far this year. Should have been his break out year based on his second half of 2015. Won't be surprised if he finds himself back in the NB's if he doesn't turn things around soon.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #46
Simply put EB, Phillips and Kreuzer ARE useless.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #47
Really disappointed in Nick Graham's efforts so far this year. Should have been his break out year based on his second half of 2015. Won't be surprised if he finds himself back in the NB's if he doesn't turn things around soon.

Agree. The holding the ball against him was inexcusable, just stood there and waited for the whistle. Shadow of his 2015 form
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #48
The deer in headlights mentality of our players is making me sick.  I don't give a crap if we lose, but at least do it standing up and take on the game.  Don't just get the ball and in panic kick it forward.  It always comes back with dividends.

Cripps is having a shocker, but frankly he should still be developing and not leading.  Where the fug is Murphy and Gibbs? 

Weitering is an out and out champion.  Charlie Curnow is also fantastic.  Plowman has been good.  Byrne has had moments, except for a horrid turnover.

Philips is a waste of space.  Had hopes for him, now dashed.  Kerridge is great in and under but coughs it up Mitch Robinson and Tom Bell style too often.  Feel for Sumner, clearly not fit enough yet.

Reply #49
You can't make a purse out off a pigs ear, we don't have the cattle in many area's , we will continue to sift through for the next few years add a few players each year, and hope a few stick and create a place for them selves. Unfortunately with this process unless you make the correct decisions on a regular basis , you can just keep sifting for many years without  any real guarantee . With so many inexperienced players it can be a slow process

Reply #51
They need to play , we need more size up forward to stop easy marks being taken by opposition defenders.....Philips and Kruezer are next to useless down forward and Casboult get too much pressure as we have no other options...
Umpiring is woeful...

Yes, I think so too.

Actually, select Jones and Jaksch,  drop Kreuzer and Phillips and let Casboult ruck all day. Mightn't win many tapouts but he'll take a crapload of marks well away from goal range. I am half joking there of course but we need to do something.

Reply #52
Agree. The holding the ball against him was inexcusable, just stood there and waited for the whistle. Shadow of his 2015 form

What was he trying to achieve.  Fool the umpire into thinking he'd marked a handball? 

Reply #53
Murphy Gibbs Kreuzer
- 3 no 1 picks
- 519 games
- 19 disposals combined

Byrne C Curnow
- 4 games
- 18 disposals

Reply #54
Simply put EB, Phillips and Kreuzer ARE useless.

Prof...Philips tries to mark the ball with flat hands that are too rigid...has no give or feel when he attempts marks, everything just bounces off his hands...I'd rather Wood and Gorringe for while and see how they go....these two present ruck incumbents give us nothing...

Reply #55
Don't think we can completely blame the forwards for this. It has to get near them first. Then it has to get near them in a way that isn't a meaningless long bomb to 3 on 1 contest.
Of course kicking goals on the rare occasions we have a shot wouldn't hurt.

I'm not blaming the forwards. I'm blaming the players having shots at goals, that includes forwards but includes Gibbs as well.
If we kick those goals, we don't get ourselves into a hole we cannot climb out of.

Reply #56
Yes, I think so too.

Actually, select Jones and Jaksch,  drop Kreuzer and Phillips and let Casboult ruck all day. Mightn't win many tapouts but he'll take a crapload of marks well away from goal range. I am half joking there of course but we need to do something.
Worth a try. We're winning the hit outs tonight and it's not doing much anyway.

Reply #57
Murphy Gibbs Kreuzer
- 3 no 1 picks
- 519 games
- 19 disposals combined

Byrne C Curnow
- 4 games
- 18 disposals
Very sad reading there JC hard to disagree with

Reply #58
I'm not blaming the forwards. I'm blaming the players having shots at goals, that includes forwards but includes Gibbs as well.
If we kick those goals, we don't get ourselves into a hole we cannot climb out of.

I'm understanding your frustrations....lol.

Reply #59
Philips marks...hooray...