Skip to main content
Topic: Goaltracker (Read 53339 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Goaltracker

Reply #165
Luke Mitchell was the other bloke who played one game.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #166
Jarrod Brander might be an option with pick 2

Apart from Rayner who is the standout No 1 by a long way IMO we could end up with a variety of different players to pick from given
the evenness of the top 10, Brander is a very strong mark but is regarded by many as a better KP defender than forward..
Seeing as Rayner wont get through to us I like Darcy Fogarty from SA...can play onball and down forward...has some physical edge to his game too...

Reply #167
Rayner reminds me of Jake Stringer.

I'm less sure about him than others. Flashy... but will he evolve or us he a manchild?

Reply #168
There's a very good reason why we're the lowest scoring team in the competition and it's simply because we have no forwards of the required standard.
Charlie and Jack will be ok but neither of them are key position or ever likely to be, Wright is by far our best small forward and he's not what anyone would call top class.
Casboult is the best key forward we've got at the moment but after 80 or 90 games his numbers are nothing flash, and when his agent hawked him around the best deal he could get was one year with us.
We're slowly building a decent side but until we get a key forward we won't be going far in September.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #169
Rayner reminds me of Jake Stringer.

I'm less sure about him than others. Flashy... but will he evolve or us he a manchild?

Main comparison with Rayner by all the scribes is Dusty Martin...got the big fend off like Dusty and gets forward to kick goals...
Big kids usually end up being big men...difference with Rayner to most of the other top 10 candidates is he will play rnd 1
in 2018. Luke Davies-Uniacke is a player that might interest us...big mid who wins plenty of contested ball, probably not as polished as Rayner
and more of your workhorse type.

Reply #170
Graham should have played before either SPS or Fisher today.

Both MIA.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #171
Main comparison with Rayner by all the scribes is Dusty Martin...got the big fend off like Dusty and gets forward to kick goals...
Big kids usually end up being big men...difference with Rayner to most of the other top 10 candidates is he will play rnd 1
in 2018. Luke Davies-Uniacke is a player that might interest us...big mid who wins plenty of contested ball, probably not as polished as Rayner
and more of your workhorse type.

Chance our first pick could end up at GWS if we indeed we are into Josh Kelly.

Reply #172
Just going to our leading goal kicking thus far.
According to footywire:

23 Casboult (33rd in the league)
20 Wright (40th)
15 SOJ
13 Gibbs

If I've got this right, Casboult has already surpassed last years record (Wright 22)
I think that's another little win :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #173
Casboult played a really good solid role today, congrats to him.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #174
Casboult played a really good solid role today, congrats to him.

Yes he did but his kicking to a target inside 50 needs serious work. Turns great scoring opportunities for us into intercept marks for them. Very frustrating

Reply #175
Just going to our leading goal kicking thus far.
According to footywire:

23 Casboult (33rd in the league)
20 Wright (40th)
15 SOJ
13 Gibbs

If I've got this right, Casboult has already surpassed last years record (Wright 22)
I think that's another little win :))

Shame we haven't got another tall forward to kick to....e.g. Harry.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #176
Yes he did but his kicking to a target inside 50 needs serious work. Turns great scoring opportunities for us into intercept marks for them. Very frustrating

The entire team needs serious work in the dept.
I don't really understand why Weitering isn't used more up the ground to deliver I50.

Reply #177
Our Pick 2or 3, will'll more value to us to help secure midfielders of the caliber of Kelly & or Whitfield and say Hopper as grunt and assistance to Cripps. Lets face it there's no one of their brilliance in this year's top 10.
Take a KPF in super draft 2018, anyone of Jack Lukosious, Max and Ben King and there's more talls , will be Stars players and of course we have our own Ben Silvagni. After 2020 we'd be set to challenge the top 4.

Reply #178
Luke Mitchell was the other bloke who played one game.

That's right, thank you 3 Leos. Was going to be the next Fev  ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #179
Graham should have played before either SPS or Fisher today.

Both MIA.

Huh?

Samo was much improved and Zac had some real impact I thought. Love that we're getting games into these guys and they aren't charity. They're really playing the way Bolton wants. Always charging at the opposition and not giving them a moment to settle. Samo had game high 9 tackles / 16 disposals / 3 clearances and goal of the year from a flank - so I'm not sure what you expected but that's a pretty good game for me.

Fisher had 5 tackles (4th for us) and 10 pos. with 2 centre clearances. A good effort.

If we want someone to sit out on his own and run like buggery whenever he's a chance to get an easy kick and not get out of 2nd gear at any other point - then pick Nick Graham. This is why he's not getting a game and why others are preferred.