Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 9; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 15845 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 9; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #75
Dangerfield is all about me me me. Individual awards and accolades are his thing (B&Fs, Brownlows, Goal of the year etc). Not a team player and Geelong are so reliant on him (and let him have his way), they will probably never win a flag whilst he is there. I have few mates in Geelong, one is right into the Cats and reasonably well connected down at the yacht club, he tells me there are quite a few hard nosed, influential  supporters that are less than impressed with young Patrick. Thinks his poo doesn't stink and don't like the way he plays and his selfish attitude on the field. But as they say, its not what supporters think, if his team mates and coaches are happy with him, that's all that matters.
In any case, good luck to young Cunners, make the most of the opportunity and may this be one of many senior games for the CFC.

I think sometimes, those elite, highly paid players are in a no win situation. If they sit back and don't do much, because they're trying to get other players involved and to contribute more, then they get accused of not earning their money, only chasing the big bucks etc. If they try to take the game on, demanding the footy, showing leadership, and setting the scene for their team mates to hopefully follow, then they're accused of being ball hogs, selfish, not being team orientated etc.

It's not Danger's fault he's surrounded by mediocrity. I reckon without him, Geelong would struggle to make the 8.

EDIT : actually, they probably would make the 8 without him, but not top 4.

Reply #76
I just don't get why week after week the odds are so poor for a Carlton victory, it's like the bookmakers and media have ignored recent form and are sticking to the pre-season predictions.

Suspect it has a lot to do with our inability to score. Even when we lose we tend to hold opponents to modest scores... BrisVegas, Dawks and us share awful %. Maybe today we can turn it around with many inside 50s and a big score, we'll need it to beat the D1ckers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #77
Cunningham will hopefully bring more run and zip than White.
Hill speed brothers are in. The rain may slow the ground up a bit.
Bring the intensity from the first bounce and keep the crowd under control Blues.

All the best to Fisher and Samo playing their first home state game. Hope your family get around you and you play a crackerjack game.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
Cunningham will hopefully bring more run and zip than White.
Hill speed brothers are in. The rain may slow the ground up a bit.
Bring the intensity from the first bounce and keep the crowd under control Blues.

All the best to Fisher and Samo playing their first home state game. Hope your family get around you and you play a crackerjack game.

Go Blues

Agree.

Reply #79
Agree.

Cunningham was weak today. White is way ahead of him at the moment.

Cunners has showed enough to get another 1 year contract though.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #80
Cunningham was weak today. White is way ahead of him at the moment.

Cunners has showed enough to get another 1 year contract though.

On today's game Buckley or Boehorst would have been a better choice, quite a few were surprised to see Cunningham get the nod ahead of some others and we saw why! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
On today's game Buckley or Boehorst would have been a better choice, quite a few were surprised to see Cunningham get the nod ahead of some others and we saw why! ;)

Would have gone Palmer vs his old team today.....Boekhorst in the dry doesnt enthuse me much but Boekhorst in the wet is even less convincing...Buckley's lack of tackling ability
wasnt missed today..

Reply #82
...Buckley's lack of tackling ability wasnt missed today..

Not sure it would have made much difference, a 3rd of our list failed to lay more than one tackle which is a clear wtf? moment!

Buckley is quite a good wet weather footballer, does the wet weather basics well. Whether that would translate to AFL sized opponents I'm not sure, but he's played some good wet weather games in the past.

I must say I'm not a big Boekhorst fan, but he has been good in the VFL and based on VFL form he clearly deserved a run ahead of Cunningham who by comparison hasn't been much chop at VFL level for a couple of weeks now. It's like we waited until Cunningham's form ran out them promoted him, and we may well be about to do the same with Jones who hobbled off injured at the weekend!

Anyway, it looks like they are all going to have to come into the 1s together now, and when they fail as a group because they don't gel I'm sure supporters will hang them and completely ignore the lack of sensible selections in recent weeks!

It would be a very different scenario going into the bye if we had been rotating blokes out who were clearly sore, we would be in a much better place for the remainder of 2017. Maybe we don't want to be? :o
The Force Awakens!