Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 27538 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Disections: Carlton vs Weastern Bulldogs

Reply #15
At what stage did Buckley exit the game???

Reply #19
Wont be the only exit Buckley will be making.....going to need about 10-12 list changes again....

Reply #20
Armfield is no gun but he at least brings some physical presence to the game, I'm struggling to understand how Buckley and Sumner are selected ahead of him.
Lamb, Kerridge, Graham and Boekhorst just don't have an AFL standard skill set, they try their best but their best isn't good enough.
It was a bad day all around, Casboult missing yet another sitter and snuffing out our last remote chance was the icing on the cake but sadly it didn't come as any surprise.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
Armfield is no gun but he at least brings some physical presence to the game, I'm struggling to understand how Buckley and Sumner are selected ahead of him.
Lamb, Kerridge, Graham and Boekhorst just don't have an AFL standard skill set, they try their best but their best isn't good enough.
It was a bad day all around, Casboult missing yet another sitter and snuffing out our last remote chance was the icing on the cake but sadly it didn't come as any surprise.

I don't think we would have won that game even if Casboult did kick it, but it's no excuse. He simply has to nail those, no ifs buts, maybes.

Reply #23
At what stage did Buckley exit the game???

After the first bounce from the looks of his output.

Gotta grab those chances, and he did not - injury aside.

Reply #24

It's about having papers stamped. Some of these fringe players you've mentioned are playing for their AFL careers. Armfield already had his fill and gets in the way of these assessments

Reply #25
Let's address the white elephant in the room, our game plan is crap. It's more defensive that Malthouse's much maligned style and we only win if we're lucky enough to drag the opposition down to our level of ineptness.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
It's about having papers stamped. Some of these fringe players you've mentioned are playing for their AFL careers. Armfield already had his fill and gets in the way of these assessments

I'd rather see Armfield on the list next season than a few of the others.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #27
I don't think we would have won that game even if Casboult did kick it, but it's no excuse. He simply has to nail those, no ifs buts, maybes.
If we're are being critical (ie equally), Weitering should have nailed his shot late in the game also. We will excuse him of course because of his age and experience however more is expected from no. 1 draft picks. As I said in the in game thread, the ONLY player on our list that fills me with any sort of confidence when lining up for goal is Matty Wright. Its a sad thing to say really.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
Let's address the white elephant in the room, our game plan is crap. It's more defensive that Malthouse's much maligned style and we only win if we're lucky enough to drag the opposition down to our level of ineptness.
Disagree, we are getting it in enough, its just either a crap entry or we miss the shot. At one stage, it was one goal for 20 entries. That tells me its an execution problem more often than not.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #29
I'd rather see Armfield on the list next season than a few of the others.

He is finished...NB's form is nothing special...Cam OShea is probably a better bet as a rebounding defender if you want to look at next season...