Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 27577 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Disections: Carlton vs Weastern Bulldogs

Reply #30
discussions with dylan

His ol man was tough as nails, unfortunately Dylan didn't get those genes.

In a game like today you may as well play Harry, we lacked a target on a number of occasions where they took easy marks. Time to cut the cotton wool treatment and blood big H.

Reply #31
If we're are being critical (ie equally), Weitering should have nailed his shot late in the game also. We will excuse him of course because of his age and experience however more is expected from no. 1 draft picks. As I said in the in game thread, the ONLY player on our list that fills me with any sort of confidence when lining up for goal is Matty Wright. Its a sad thing to say really.

Casboult was almost in the goal square on no angle, most players would have to miss on purpose.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #32
Disagree, we are getting it in enough, its just either a crap entry or we miss the shot. At one stage, it was one goal for 20 entries. That tells me its an execution problem more often than not.

Not enough Forward entries and we dont have the quality mids to deliver the footy......made worse by the fact we have a winning ruck but we are last for clearances or close to it. We cant ignore the facts our midfield needs a rebuild.....

Reply #33
Let's address the white elephant in the room, our game plan is crap. It's more defensive that Malthouse's much maligned style and we only win if we're lucky enough to drag the opposition down to our level of ineptness.

I don't know if it's better or worse than Mick's, but it matters not. It's just crap full stop.

And the elephant in the room has no colour designation. Just sayin.........

Reply #34
His ol man was tough as nails, unfortunately Dylan didn't get those genes.

In a game like today you may as well play Harry, we lacked a target on a number of occasions where they took easy marks. Time to cut the cotton wool treatment and blood big H.
But would does it say for earning your spot bratblue? He is barely raising a sweat a in the NBs.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
With injuries and a drop off in form we run the risk of a disappointing finish to 2017. Our lack of depth is being exposed and severely highlighted by our VFL teams recent performances. Our senior core has carried us for much of the year but they have started to waver and we are now looking really vulnerable. We may pinch one or 2 more wins this year (and I pray that one is against the Bombers) but otherwise we are look like falling away which will tarnish many of the brave performances we have put in this year. I hope I'm wrong and would love nothing more than to see one more spirited bounce back by the team. Looking forward to the next 6 weeks with much trepidation.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #36
But would does it say for earning your spot bratblue? He is barely raising a sweat a in the NBs.

A few other players with no future are getting a run, time for us to see what he can do. Even if he brings the ball to ground he'll have more effect than someone like Sumner.

Reply #37
Casboult was almost in the goal square on no angle, most players would have to miss on purpose.

I'd struggle to make the distance..lol.

Reply #38
Well the positive, we didn't give up. Managed to keep it from the blowouts of yesteryear. 
The negative is our injuries are costly because we lack depth. Mids and fwds particularly. Ed and Cripps out is more than we can cover ATM.
The reality is we need more quality and time for youngsters to develop. Getting games into them is unlikely to result in wins...sniff... :'(

Hope the injuries are not too serious.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #39
A few other players with no future are getting a run, time for us to see what he can do. Even if he brings the ball to ground he'll have more effect than someone like Sumner.
Its not about who has a future and who hasn't. If he:
a) isnt hitting his KPIs in the 2s
b) lacking confidence
what is getting belted and not getting a touch in the 1s gonna do for his confidence?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #40
Its not about who has a future and who hasn't. If he:
a) isnt hitting his KPIs in the 2s
b) lacking confidence
what is getting belted and not getting a touch in the 1s gonna do for his confidence?

Right now, with the NBs kicking 4.6 he'd still have an easier time in the seniors. We developing, play him anyway for a game or two so he gets a taste of what's required to play at senior level.

Reply #41
Right now, with the NBs kicking 4.6 he'd still have an easier time in the seniors. We developing, play him anyway for a game or two so he gets a taste of what's required to play at senior level.
You are suggesting it should be obvious yet they haven't played him once. Why do you think that is?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #42
We might have secured another "rising star"nomination....for the opposition ::)

Reply #43
What it is with these 2nd qtr capitulations? ???
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
What it is with these 2nd qtr capitulations? ???

Agree, should take them down into the change rooms at 1/4 time and make em' think it's the third quarter when they come back.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.