Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 26249 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #75
I've been reasonably happy with Daisy this year and happy that he got rid of the contract stuff etc but he was incredibly woeful yesterday.  Because he has no excuse like Gibbs potentially has of being tagged out of the game or Murph having some groin issue

Reply #76
What's Mick got to do with anything ? Or Ratts for that matter ?

Some people's obsession with past coaches. Honestly and truly.......

I pointed out this season being similar to 2014. You mentioned Ratten.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #77
In 2014 when the knives started to come out for Mick in his second year we had 7 1/2 wins and 5 losses under 2 goals. This year is looking very similar to that and we're starting to see a drop off in form of the senior players who might be starting to lose faith in the game plan which is pretty much identical to the one we played back then.

Give it up  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #81
Give it up  ::)

Hilarious.

MBB still wanting Mick back.

I realise the usual suspects will be jumping off Bolton but tell me, who played on Zorko in the second half?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #82
.oh and if I get a chance, I'd luv to belt Rhys Mathieson, he is a germ of the highest order, and the men in green continue to reward him for his parasitic diving...not someone I'd like in my team????????

AMEN!  Cocky little crap - I hope when he was mouthing off and chesting blokes, our guys pointed out that he can't actually get a kick unless he maggots hand it to him.... The first one (I think Cunningham?.) actually tackled him under the armpits, and he STILL managed to duck into it??

Reply #83
mbb, you do make a point and an interesting comparison. However, the situations are a tad different.
[1] Expectations are lower. Mick was expected to keep us in the finals and make us an instant contender. Bolton started at rock bottom and had to completely rebuild.
[2] Mick's list was quite a mature one, no matter how poorly it actually performed. Bolton's is wall to wall kids.
[3] There has a clear improvement in most of the players on our list under Bolton. Under Malthouse we went backwards; just about every player performed poorly. The exceptions were few and obvious.

Very different circumstances.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #84
Just watched 2nd half.   What if Harry had been given the free in the goal square  (if it had been BL, they would have got it). I reckon our momentum would have got us home.

Interesting that the commentary actually implied that we were stiff on a few fees either not paid or to BL.

Also curiously,  Dwayne said the Centre bounce is gone next year - did I miss that news,  or is he anticipating?

Reply #85
Also curiously,  Dwayne said the Centre bounce is gone next year - did I miss that news,  or is he anticipating?

The media are hearing it is gone so the AFL can introduce more umpires, specifically more female umpires.

FWIW, I think the AFL should also allow the boundary umpires to walk in 5m to allow more female boundary umpires.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
The media are hearing it is gone so the AFL can introduce more umpires, specifically more female umpires.

FWIW, I think the AFL should also allow the boundary umpires to walk in 5m to allow more female boundary umpires.

Why do we need female umpires?
Just train them up so females umpire the female comp and men umpire the mens comp. Utter political cr*p!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #87
Why do we need female umpires?
Just train them up so females umpire the female comp and men umpire the mens comp. Utter political cr*p!

There is a massive problem, there are no longer enough umpires at lower levels, too much abuse and not enough reward!

The AFL is determined to find a way to rectify the problem, the first part is to open the doors for half of the population. The next part will be big pay rises across the board, local clubs will suffer considerably, they won't have as much money to pay players because they'll be paying umpires!

I'd like to see cheap communications headsets become standard for all levels of senior umpiring. That would allow competitions to pair younger umpires with senior umpires. The technology is already there, and we should be making use of it.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
Only became a problem when they introduced too many umpires. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #89
Just watched 2nd half.   What if Harry had been given the free in the goal square  (if it had been BL, they would have got it). I reckon our momentum would have got us home.

Interesting that the commentary actually implied that we were stiff on a few fees either not paid or to BL.

A couple of comments have mentioned about the umpiring. How bad was it?
Live Long and Prosper!