Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 25781 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #105
I think I've found a little positive.
According to those figures we have a new leader.
Big H has an average of 1.2  ^-^

Fwiw I thought young Jack managed the adjustment in position well. That's got me thinking... Jonesy went forward for a bit, and Simo  floated forward too. Is this part of the hawks flexibility philosophy creeping in? I know we've got an injury toll, but maybe this allows opportunity to throw the boys around a little. Particularly while the stakes are low (pride aside).

The number after the '.' is not behinds, its a decimal point.

1 goal from 1 game is an average of 1 goal a game. ;)

1.2 goals a game would mean he'd kick 6 goals over a 5 game period.

Still....he is 3rd on our list. ;)

Reply #106
Aaron James is the next Wayne Carey

He had the likes of Judd and Pendlebury pegged very early.

Like really, a Carlton player gets a bit of recognition and all supporters can do is shoot the messenger. People must live in a total world of negativity. Not directed at you but generally amongst many supporters.

Reply #107
The number after the '.' is not behinds, its a decimal point.

1 goal from 1 game is an average of 1 goal a game. ;)

1.2 goals a game would mean he'd kick 6 goals over a 5 game period.

Still....he is 3rd on our list. ;)

He'd kick 6.10..lol.

Reply #108
You're entitled to your opinion, however wrong it may be.

Jack's football education was really ramped up today and that's what's going to make the difference to his career.  Bolton's decision (and presumably that of the rest of the MC) to play Jack in defence gave me more confidence that we're on the right track.  Yes, winning games is important but setting the team up to win more games in 2018 and 2019 is more important than beating another developing side this season.

How many times has casboult been played in defense? Perhaps thats why he is just an average player (at best)?
I thought Fev was a slow learner, but the 1 quarter he played in defense on fraser gehrig where he had 4 (5?) kicked on him turned him into a genius forward!

I understand that it CAN be beneficial, but Jack is about the smartest, most pure footballer we've got on our list.

With all the switching and swapping of players we have going on i can't help but think "Jack of all trades, master of none". Especially in regards to Weitering. He's gone backwards in defense since his forward education.  :(

Reply #109
Hilarious.

MBB still wanting Mick back.

I realise the usual suspects will be jumping off Bolton but tell me, who played on Zorko in the second half?

Was it Tommy Williamson? Certainly curtailed his influence, which sadly had already had a huge effect.

We should Defo sack Bolton.... Wonder what Roos is doing, Lethal maybe? Perhaps give Terry another go.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #110
Aaron James is the next Wayne Carey

Simon Beaumont all Australian.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #111
He had the likes of Judd and Pendlebury pegged very early.

Like really, a Carlton player gets a bit of recognition and all supporters can do is shoot the messenger. People must live in a total world of negativity. Not directed at you but generally amongst many supporters.

If it was anyone else but Dermie, Leigh Matthews for example, some supporters might have taken it seriously.
Curnow is a genuine talent and Carlton supporters are well aware of the fact.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #112
If it was anyone else but Dermie, Leigh Matthews for example, some supporters might have taken it seriously.
Curnow is a genuine talent and Carlton supporters are well aware of the fact.

There are times when Dermie's football knowledge astounds me ... and this was one of them  :)

I've probably harped on about this but I had a chat to Ed about Charlie after the Essendon NAB game in 2016 and Ed reckoned that Charlie was an elite mark and would be an absolute star.  Brotherly bias to one side, I think Ed, and Dermie, are on the money.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #113
There are times when Dermie's football knowledge astounds me ... and this was one of them  :)

I've probably harped on about this but I had a chat to Ed about Charlie after the Essendon NAB game in 2016 and Ed reckoned that Charlie was an elite mark and would be an absolute star.  Brotherly bias to one side, I think Ed, and Dermie, are on the money.

He could well become a star and I hope that he does, but as things stand with the CFC the last thing we should be doing is hyping up our players in my opinion.
We lost to the bottom side yesterday and never looked like winning.

Reply #114
He could well become a star and I hope that he does, but as things stand with the CFC the last thing we should be doing is hyping up our players in my opinion.
We lost to the bottom side yesterday and never looked like winning.

I actually thought we were going to run over the top of them but I take your point.

It's not really hyping players up, it's more about recognising genuine talent and looking forward to a brighter future.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #115
I actually thought we were going to run over the top of them but I take your point.

It's not really hyping players up, it's more about recognising genuine talent and looking forward to a brighter future.

The game was over at quarter time.
As for looking forward I feel like I've been doing that for decades although it's only been a bit over 15 years, so many promises,  false dawns and next big things.
I'm happy that we've finally bitten the bullet and are prepared to do the hard slog, and I'm prepared to wait, but meanwhile I'm keeping my powder dry.

Reply #116
I couldn't believe that the umpire let that one go.  The only possible excuse is that the umpire thought that Plowman was faking it.  Perhaps all of the umpires should be punched in the guts so that they know what effect it has.

Flosser also slapped the ball out of Lachies hands after he marked it too... 50m was in order I thought. Alas, as I recall, Lachie just fetched the ball and took his kick into a wall of set up lions :-\
Look at the vision of Lachie after that hit. Poor bugger was clearly not pretending.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #117
Flosser also slapped the ball out of Lachies hands after he marked it too... 50m was in order I thought. Alas, as I recall, Lachie just fetched the ball and took his kick into a wall of set up lions :-\
Look at the vision of Lachie after that hit. Poor bugger was clearly not pretending.
So how does the umpire not do something on the spot? How does he determine Play was faking yet the MRP determine he wasn't? Could he not have just kept faking?

Bad day up there for those umps, obvs MRP agreed

Reply #118
I don't get AFL coaches, Dangerfield an injured star has to anchor himself within 25m of goal, dominates and very next game they have him running all over the field half fit! Perplexing!

Our coaches are just the same, just as bad!

Megalomaniacs with a plan, how about just playing the good footballers where they can play good football!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119
It was bad - but we played worse.

It was terrible.  Many times I rose to my feet to question a lack of a decision in Carlton's favour and I only recall two occasions where Lions supporters did the same.  Yet they rose to their feet for every goal they scored.  The lack of AFL news up here is staggering.  We certainly haven't won the hearts and minds of the locals.  The Gary Pert decision made the seventh back page of today's paper and that included the Toby Greene suspension.  I am guessing that it was front or back page in Victoria - just because of the Collingwood prejudice. There is no other AFL news.  I have had to resort to the internet for anything else pertaining to AFL.  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D