Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 37551 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #30
Just watched Carko's press conference didn't take much for his 'gutter rat' trates to rresurface, quotes like:
'That's how Carlton play, when they win it's 12 goals to 10', he also said our tactics on Sicily would be a good learning for his team and was happy it for it to happen in a dead rubber, well last time I checked Clarko you were still talking finals before we pulled your pants down tonight...sucked in you sniper.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #31
That's what I love to see! A stadium full of very glum and unhappy Hawks fans and all because of us!  :))

We played out the 4Qs tonight and it paid off in spades. I was doubly delighted since the whole team put in and our younger guys were great. Kudos to Bolts, SOS, and the whole coaching team. The future is starting to look bright.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
So very, very good to see us win on the back of our newbies. Everything else is a distraction, our emerging culture and youth won the day.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
HAWTHORN

Carltons bitches since 2017

T-shirts now available

Yes please :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #34
Those are the wins that can make a side.
It's uncanny watching Byrne play, it's as if he grew up with the game.
Boekhorst has played himself into another contract this past fortnight and we'd need rocks in our head not to sign Daisy, Murphy was superb, BOG by a fair margin.
Has Jones played enough games to be All Australian?

Boekhorst isnt up to it..needs to go...turned the ball over tonight and never picks up his man....
Daisy on the other hand earned his money and was good value.
Liam Jones BOG for me....Docherty next best and Weitering was very good..

Reply #35
I thought that fact our team knows how to setup defensively played a huge part in tonight's win. As soon as the ball was turned over we were straight into our roles, it was great to see and I believe it is why Bolton has implemented the plan he has to date.

To drum in over and over again that the players need to know their roles and that the slower movement game plan we have been playing has helped us adjust to that. With the idea being that as the game plan quickens it is already set in our minds.

I have considered our last 2 weeks to be the next step in the Carlton evolution and I stick to my comment that we will finish top 10 next year.

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #36
It was nice to see Weitering back to playing with the poise he showed last year. He should get that shoulder right over the pre season and be ready for his best year next year.

Reply #37
Boekhorst isnt up to it..needs to go...turned the ball over tonight and never picks up his man....
Daisy on the other hand earned his money and was good value.
Liam Jones BOG for me....Docherty next best and Weitering was very good..

Strange game by Boekhorst... got a bit of the ball, but did 3 or 4 of the stupidest/zero awareness/panicky things I've just about seen this year!

Reply #38
Tom Mitchell may be thinking he chose the wrong boat. ???
Would've been a good father son selection.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #39
My wife is a hawthorn fan and in our 11 years it has been one sided. We even had to split the kids in terms of who barracks for who.

I always thought that when Carlton finally won I would watch it over and over. Not so certain about that one. It was hardly a win for the ages, and looked every part the round 22 dead rubber it was.

But grand to win and sing the song.

The ruck duel was excellent with both at the top of their game. It was the highest quality aspect of the match.

Docherty, Murphy, Jones, weitering were the best for mine. We fumbled plenty and looked a bit confused at times as we looked at times to go forward and preferred to kick sideways.

Still, we scratched out a score. Lamb looked like he belonged and wright is our most creative forward.

Sicily gave away 7 frees, helping us out plenty. Hodge too played like a man with one foot out the door.

And we are in 15th, rocketing up the ladder. Great to win

Reply #40
My wife is a hawthorn fan and in our 11 years it has been one sided. We even had to split the kids in terms of who barracks for who.

Wouldn't happen on my watch.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
4000 days, two marriages, a business, four jobs, a son, death of best mate.......

So much has happened in my life since 2005, that is the corner turner, in the words of Yazz, the only way is up!!!

Love being a Blues supporter, those '87 boys the next era is dawning right now

Good Lord - a lifetime's worth of experiences in a decade and a bit. Hope you're in a better place now matey

Reply #42
Did all that before i came up with Billie Smedts.

Lamb, Marchbank, Plowman, Wright, Kerridge, Jones, Docherty.....all failed to get a win against Hawks.

For completeness sake, Gorringe and Phillips also failed to get a win over the hawks in there career.

Alex Silvagni did manage to get a couple as well at Freo.

Reply #43
Green shoots before the green shoots thread :
1. Pickett's tackle on Gunston
2. Lamb needling Sicilia to give away 7 frees
3. The win

Reply #44

I always thought that when Carlton finally won I would watch it over and over. Not so certain about that one. It was hardly a win for the ages, and looked every part the round 22 dead rubber it was.

But grand to win and sing the song.

The ruck duel was excellent with both at the top of their game. It was the highest quality aspect of the match.

Docherty, Murphy, Jones, weitering were the best for mine. We fumbled plenty and looked a bit confused at times as we looked at times to go forward and preferred to kick sideways.

Still, we scratched out a score. Lamb looked like he belonged and wright is our most creative forward.

Sicily gave away 7 frees, helping us out plenty. Hodge too played like a man with one foot out the door.

And we are in 15th, rocketing up the ladder. Great to win

It was far from a dead rubber, Hawks had plenty to play for. Makes the win even more noteworthy!
Finals, then 4 in a row!