Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 37819 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #45
Boekhorst isnt up to it..needs to go...turned the ball over tonight and never picks up his man....
Daisy on the other hand earned his money and was good value.
Liam Jones BOG for me....Docherty next best and Weitering was very good..

A fortnight ago I would have agreed with you but Boekhorst won't be getting delisted in my opinion.
He does some rabbit in the spotlight things but he knows where the ball is and has genuine pace and skill, his goal against West Coast last week was top shelf.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #46
A fortnight ago I would have agreed with you but Boekhorst won't be getting delisted in my opinion.
He does some rabbit in the spotlight things but he knows where the ball is and has genuine pace and skill, his goal against West Coast last week was top shelf.

I think Bolts sees Boeky as our Isaac Smith. He needs to toughen up a bit and be a bit more composed.

Reply #47
It was far from a dead rubber, Hawks had plenty to play for. Makes the win even more noteworthy!

Yep, to anyone who thinks it was dead rubber meaningless I would return an old Carlton saying Pigs Arse.

Reply #48
I think Bolts sees Boeky as our Isaac Smith. He needs to toughen up a bit and be a bit more composed.

Composure could come with experience, although he's 22 or 23 he hasn't played much senior football.
At the very least he can be called up to the seniors in the event of injury and not disgrace himself.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49

I hope not, because there's a big difference between a regular in a 3peat flag team, and someone who can barely get a game in a cellar dweller team. I think from memory he was almost a Norm Smith medallist in one of the grand finals.

I like Boeky, but let's not get silly here.

Reply #50
I hope not, because there's a big difference between a regular in a 3peat flag team, and someone who can barely get a game in a cellar dweller team. I think from memory he was almost a Norm Smith medallist in one of the grand finals.

I like Boeky, but let's not get silly here.

Smith was taken the pick after Watson, if only................

Reply #52
Stop it.

SERENITY NOW !
SERENITY NOW !

Not a good time to mention Lucas and Talia then? 
;D ;D ;D

Reply #53

Boekhorst should be renamed Blaine Bower......deer in the headlights, and qualified panic merchant ..first kick he panicked and it went about 2m off his left boot
and I couldnt help but laugh when he got into a panicky spin after trying to blind turn around players and handballed/threw the ball a mile in the air to no one.
Dont get me wrong, seems like a nice bloke who is popular within the group but he just doesnt have the composure at senior level.....Hartung played a similar game for the Hawks...plenty of ball, some highlight runs but a couple of the worst turnovers at critical moments.
Boekhorst needs to show me a game where he can play 100 minutes without comical turnovers being part of his game...

Reply #54
Boekhorst should be renamed Blaine Bower......deer in the headlights, and qualified panic merchant ..first kick he panicked and it went about 2m off his left boot
and I couldnt help but laugh when he got into a panicky spin after trying to blind turn around players and handballed/threw the ball a mile in the air to no one.
Dont get me wrong, seems like a nice bloke who is popular within the group but he just doesnt have the composure at senior level.....Hartung played a similar game for the Hawks...plenty of ball, some highlight runs but a couple of the worst turnovers at critical moments.
Boekhorst needs to show me a game where he can play 100 minutes without comical turnovers being part of his game...

Yep, lack of composure is certainly Boeky's problem. When he's clear he often looks pretty good. He will be retained IMO but he needs to work on that over the break and pre-season.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #55
I had this game pencilled in for a win; one of the few I predicted correctly  :-[

While we have had quite a few "honourable" losses, I think that our win last night is a good measure of our progress and confirms for me that we are on the right track.

There was a lot to like, particularly our ability to control the tempo and the ongoing development and form of Pickett, Lamb, Byrne, Weitering, Jones and more.  Murphy led from the front and it was plain to see that he, Gibbs and Kreuzer enjoyed their first win over the Hawks.

It was interesting to hear members of the 1987 side talking about Bolton getting them involved and current players talking about how good it is to have the past players around.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #56
Credit to Murphy....Gibbs was being dogged by Howe to prevent Gibbs tagging Mitchell but Murphy put on several blocks to the bigger Howe at stoppages to help his mate out...very good game from the captain.

Reply #57
Kudos to Daisy Thomas...earned his money last night and brought back the barrel torp, thought he played a smart game and used his experience well vs some inexperienced Hawk kids. Earned another season IMO and has played a very good second half of the season...

Jed Lamb has probably saved his career by becoming the agent provocateur down forward and should get another contract too...

Reply #58

Hopefully over time composure comes with confidence, which can often do.