Skip to main content
Topic: SSM Plebiscite (Read 112898 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SSM Plebiscite

Reply #240
I have no idea what that post has to with my last question, but anyway.

I think I've finally figured this out. You apply the same process to dealing with me that you do with most other matters on which you post, which is to find some hidden meaning or motive in whatever action or topic is being discussed. In the same way that you are constantly looking for hidden agendas, sub texts, sneaky motivations etc. when you discuss the AFL, Bombers, and pretty much anything else, you apply the same process to me. Instead of simply looking and reading my posts at face value and seeing it for what it is, you are always looking for inferences, sub plots etc., that are not there. You keep digging, and eventually you will find what you want to find.

At no point have I thought you were bullying me.

Woo hoo. Break through moment.

Reply #241
LP, I'd also like to apologize to you for my reply #224.

Reply #242
There is perspective, reason and motive behind every word ever written or spoken, that is implicit.

And perspective, reason and motive are not just inherent in humanity's communications but are present in the actions of all living things. You cannot divorce yourself from that state of affairs, and others are free to infer or imply whatever they like in either the written word or the perceived meaning.

Read some Tolstoy even if you don't like him, if you have already done so, then maybe read him again.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #243
LP, I'd also like to apologize to you for my reply #224.

I don't think you need to apologise, if you think you need to then I accept it.

If I have cause you offense I apologise unreservedly.

I certainly do not want to cause you any duress. I have conversations like this sitting watching the football, in the bar at half-time or after the game, and in the car or train on the way home.

All I do ask is that if you want to call me an idiot, privately or publicly, you should do so explaining the error of my ways and accompanied with suitable supporting references that are neither ambiguous or selective.

It's always the gray areas of a debate that will polarise.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #244
There is perspective, reason and motive behind every word ever written or spoken, that is implicit.

And perspective, reason and motive are not just inherent in humanity's communications but are present in the actions of all living things. You cannot divorce yourself from that state of affairs, and others are free to infer or imply whatever they like in either the written word or the perceived meaning.

Read some Tolstoy even if you don't like him, if you have already done so, then maybe read him again.

In order for communication to be successful, there must some connection and mutual understanding between sender and receiver. The aim always is successful communication. If there is a miscommunication, then either the sender or receiver or both are doing something not quite right.

I've never read Tolstoy. Given the times and country in which he wrote, he may well have a extra fondness for reading between the lines.

Reply #245
I've never read Tolstoy. Given the times and country in which he wrote, he may well have a extra fondness for reading between the lines.

His unique and very very special gift, was the ability to show the reader the world from another perspective, even if it was a dog!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #246
I don't think you need to apologise, if you think you need to then I accept it.

If I have cause you offense I apologise unreservedly.

I certainly do not want to cause you any duress. I have conversations like this sitting watching the football, in the bar at half-time or after the game, and in the car or train on the way home.

All I do ask is that if you want to call me an idiot, privately or publicly, you should do so explaining the error of my ways and accompanied with suitable supporting references that are neither ambiguous or selective.

It's always the gray areas of a debate that will polarise.

My comment was borne out of frustration, which is no excuse. The frustration arose because I couldn't understand why these miscommunications kept occurring.

Reply #247
His unique and very very special gift, was the ability to show the reader the world from another perspective, even if it was a dog!

Any particular book I should start with ?

Reply #248
Any particular book I should start with ?

The archetypal novel is Anna Karenina, at 860 pages it's more of a tome though!

It proves one thing, no matter how many great authors I read, my English is still shizen!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #249
The archetypal novel is Anna Karenina, at 860 pages it's more of a tome though!

It proves one thing, no matter how many great authors I read, my English is still shizen!

860 pages ! Good Lord ! Any chance I could start in the toddler's department, then move on to the boys, then graduate to the men's ?

Hang on a minute. I'm sensing a sub text here, a hidden agenda. Aha ! You want to keep me off the forums for a few years.

I'm onto you LP.

Seriously, thanks for the tip.

Reply #250
860 pages ! Good Lord ! Any chance I could start in the toddler's department, then move on to the boys, then graduate to the men's ?

Hang on a minute. I'm sensing a sub text here, a hidden agenda. Aha ! You want to keep me off the forums for a few years.

I'm onto you LP.

Seriously, thanks for the tip.

It looks like my motives are completely transparent, no pun implied or intended! :o

This is all getting a bit Benny Hill now so I'm off!

See it never ends!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #251
I agree LP. Definitely time to wrap it up.

Reply #253
NO

Reply #254
I thought the statement the club issued was fine.  Of course one of the first people to comment on it was 'outraged' by the club and how dare they not support her wanting to marry her partner... the outrage was unjustified and from there the matter grew and grew.

The club cannot speak on everyone's behalf - apparently not all board members are voting Yes.  They said they are for equality - that is saying in the eyes of the club everyone should be treated equally, but they are not saying you must vote yes if you are with us.

Personally I am a yes voter, as are my family.  I'm not in the least disappointed with the club for putting out their statement.

And I feel this entire thing is an embarrassment and a huge waste of money.  Just make it equal ffs and let's get on with the problems in this world that all this $$$$$ could go towards to help fix.