Skip to main content
Topic: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)  (Read 61427 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)

Reply #195
They stand around not knowing what to do due to the coach, again - by now they should know their roles FFs.

If Gibbs is going, can't we just make him sign on now or be played in the 2s, pointless to not use others before him now - you could tell very early with Betts that he was leaving, why bother keeping him playing, not going to be part of a premiership this year

Reply #196
I m not sure how I will feel about MM coaching style
He rants and behaves like a fwit in the box
struts out on the ground and publicly singles out players

thought that sh1te went out with Barassi
Mate I challenge any coach in the comp to put on a CFC polo, sit in the box and try and direct our mob to play. FMD Ross Lyon would eat them alive if they served up the rubbish from the 1st and 2nd qtrs last night. I reckon MM is semi restrained.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #197
Bad kicking is bad football, sums up the game.

But as I said b4 the game, the team with the most pride would win. When the scores were level late in the last qtr it was the Tiges that made sure they got the job done. Good on them, but I am not impressed with the lack of pride and/or player leadership that was displayed out there.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #198
They stand around not knowing what to do due to the coach, again - by now they should know their roles FFs.

If Gibbs is going, can't we just make him sign on now or be played in the 2s, pointless to not use others before him now - you could tell very early with Betts that he was leaving, why bother keeping him playing, not going to be part of a premiership this year

Look at his hew hair style. He is gone so stop playing him and let him go back home. If we get a compo pick, then bonus. If we don't Buckley better get every game we can get into him. I like this kid and he has genuine ability along with attitude.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #199

Look at his hew hair style. He is gone so stop playing him and let him go back home. If we get a compo pick, then bonus. If we don't Buckley better get every game we can get into him. I like this kid and he has genuine ability along with attitude.

Mants...Agree on Buckley, the lad has some ticker and his pace is a real weapon, when we get Docherty into the team we may be able to use Buckley further up the ground.
Gibbs and his hairstyle....both going very ordinary and he looks like an extra out of a B grade bike movie...needs to get a haircut and and some intensity, probably will have Heath Hocking for company this week given a similar bozo in Ellis took him out of the game and Judd wont be playing.

Reply #200
I actually kept thinking that Gibbs was Duigan with that hair. Maybe it's a South Australian thing, and if so he's gone! ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #201
Bad kicking is bad football, sums up the game.

But as I said b4 the game, the team with the most pride would win. When the scores were level late in the last qtr it was the Tiges that made sure they got the job done. Good on them, but I am not impressed with the lack of pride and/or player leadership that was displayed out there.

I'm not sure the times made sure the job got done.  More happy accident that Rowe kicked into the man on the mark and a rather fortuitous fifty metre penalty that helped them relieve the screw we were turning. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #202
If Gibbs is at Carlton next year i'll eat an Adelaide coloured hat, and buy a Richmond membership, he is GAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWN!

Body language was atrocious, went to water when he was tagged the pea-heart.

Reply #203

Mate I challenge any coach in the comp to put on a CFC polo, sit in the box and try and direct our mob to play. FMD Ross Lyon would eat them alive if they served up the rubbish from the 1st and 2nd qtrs last night. I reckon MM is semi restrained.

He's far from restrained though. Regardless it can't be healthy for the team having someone carrying on like that in the box it's absolute mayhem.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #204
He's far from restrained though. Regardless it can't be healthy for the team having someone carrying on like that in the box it's absolute mayhem.

He's won 3 flags, Clarkson has won 2 including last year's and he is far more animated than Malthouse.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #205

And Brad (North never give away frees) Scott is any different? He is pretty animated. :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #206

He's won 3 flags, Clarkson has won 2 including last year's and he is far more animated than Malthouse.

Didn't we also bag Rats for barracking while in the coaches box. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Do we want a coach like Bomber Thompson who just sits with an expressionless glum face like he is playing poker?

I like a bit of passion in the box, after all we are playing for sheep stations.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #207

When he won flags he was never this bad nor have I seen Clarkson behave in this manner for extended periods. It subsides very quickly. BTW it wasn't me that said that on Fox Footy is was the commentators I'm just the messenger.

@BluePhantom

Bummer Thompson was barracking hard in the box last night.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #208
And there's a big difference between passion/animation and losing your marbles.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #209
I don't care if he's an over the top 'nutter' or a shrinking violet, wallflower.......

The only 'good' coach is a 'winning' coach ;)