Skip to main content
Topic: Our list - what we have and what we need (Read 12958 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Our list - what we have and what we need

Reply #75
Haven't the AFL and States leagues issued widespread salary cap regulations starting last year!

In the case of Schloithe, I though he nominated but was overlooked!

Sure, but what I am getting at, there might be a "if I can't have them, Ill do my best to make sure no one does".

There seems to be a roughy mature ager that comes out of nowhere every year, and highly rated youngsters that wind up in the state leagues that no one goes near, and I wonder if that heppens for a rea$on...

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #76
There seems to be a roughy mature ager that comes out of nowhere every year, and highly rated youngsters that wind up in the state leagues that no one goes near, and I wonder if that heppens for a rea$on...

It could happen.

I think the odd mature age player popping up is just natural progression. It can appear odd because the system it is built on the perception that draftees are 19 year olds, identified, tested, developed and prepared ready to go. But it's not true is it?

The AFL Draft system isn't a clean sweep, some kids have no idea what they want to do or what they are capable of at the age of 19. Some are men at 16, while others are still children at 25!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
We need players who cant take on and beat Martin, Dangerfield, Sloane, Selwood, Fyfe, Pendlebury etc.......the royalty of AFL midifelders...
Schloithe would be depth but wouldnt be much use vs real quality.....solid, good tackler and looks more like a half back than a mid.
Not overly quick and his two handed ball drop at AFL senior level would get him him to trouble too......he is very blue collar. good at the coalface but Tim Kelly had more tricks, more pace and at AFL level is a more polished player IMO.
Essendon looked at Schloithe and passed as did West Coast...neither have brilliant midfields so that probably tells a story....

Reply #78
Haven't the AFL and States leagues issued widespread salary cap regulations starting last year!

In the case of Schloithe, I though he nominated but was overlooked!

yes he was overlooked....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #79
Essendon looked at Schloithe and passed as did West Coast...neither have brilliant midfields so that probably tells a story....

Well if CheatsFC passed at least we know the reason isn't drug related! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
For every Kelly there are 10 Shane Valenti's

I wouldn't know Schloithe if I fell over him, but there are plenty that dominate at VFL/WAFL that aren't AFL footballers.