Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 61588 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #30
Bolton's record is worse than Malthouse's. 13 wins from 46 games.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
Come on folks. Today was shizen. Last week was better. Maybe we should wait until the bye before sticking the boot in ? The team is like the Foreign Legion - give them some time to gel first. And having two of our best inside players out didn't help.

We change that much of our playing list each post season it's like flipping a coin, sooner or later someone has to take some responsibility!

This idea that picks are worth players is rubbish logic, and we are not learning that at all! We are in a horrible situation where the only players we have of any worth are likely to be traded for a very slim chance at something better.

The good players we retain are left demoralised by the rubbish that surrounds them!

Who the feck would want to come to Carlton, money grubbers, the exact sort we do not need!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
We change that much of our playing list each post season it's like flipping a coin, sooner or later someone has to take some responsibility!

sooner or later - I say later. This is Bolton's third year. Give him a chance.

Reply #33
I’m over it.  Didn’t get to see the whole game, just the second half (traipsing around to find a bar as we are overseas, that was showing it on tv!) and that was seriously pathetic.

Where has our very basic pressure gone? No tackling or if they were tackling GC were just breaking them no problem. We were hospital passing everywhere.

This was our home game, we had 9 days to get right. One commentator said oh maybe CFC were still feeling the effects of playing Richmond. Seriously? Pathetic.

Cripps was good, Charlie too, Samo and Fisher okay. That’s about it tho, when are we going to have that group of players that stand up and say screw this crap and do something?!

Feel sorry for Weiters, another No 1 that we’ve broken!

Reply #35
Feel sorry for Weiters, another No 1 that we’ve broken!

This is quickly becoming our greatest skill!

Don't fork with the kids, if we want to fork blokes around we've got a legion of old bastards who cannot be further damaged!

So what's likely. McKay in next week, throw him to the wolves, or under a hospital pass which ever comes first!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Sensible part of me says this is only round 2 but not much to hope for. Players looked confused and disorganised from up high. Half back line was a mess with little coordination as the midfield plodded about and Simpson and co hacked it out or burnt team mates with dreadful disposal.

A midfield of smalls that dont spread leaves our better players horribly exposed. And our better players aren't very good. For all the ball ed curnow gets he has little impact on a game, ditto Murphy. Casboult is an embarrassment: utterly clueless in the ruck.  How many seasons has this duffer been at the club?

Its all going wrong at Carlton. 

Reply #41
And to say we have Kruezer out or we’ve just lost Gibbs or Doch is out - That should have ZERO bearing on pressure Ffs! You don’t have to be the most elite player but you should always be able to apply pressure! Richmond won a premiership on pressure!!

The amount of times I saw a Number of CFC players stand around while GC scooped up the ball And ran off was pathetic - Not good enough. How is it that Cripps continuously is able To apply pressure but no one else is?

I like Bolts and has faith but I’m over watching that crape

Reply #42
And Bolton's tenure is two years old.
As I said...he's not done and dusted but he is now very much accountable.

So, if for example, we finish last, or bottom 4, you think he should be sacked ?

Reply #43
I've posted before that there are people on the inside that do not want BB to succeed. They see AFL coaching as a right of passage which should be exclusively for past players.

But the AFL want him to succeed, primarily as a method of cost control, because they are very concerned about burgeoning wages for past player / coaches.

If the AFL want BB to succeed they are going a very funny way about it, because we look like a rabble!

PS; The team played today like they had just heard Kreuzer is out for the season!
The Force Awakens!